Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 10:11:51
Page:  1 
Regarding the Vino Gandor Shot Started by: Depruis on Jun 10, '13 17:25

My name is Depruis, a relative of Vino Gandor. I had the unique chance to get a hold of all of this man's belongings and want to present to you a matter that puts an 'honorable' man in a bad spotlight.

Let me start by showing you what has been claimed.

My Witness Statement Collector had received two Witness Statements of illegal shots from within Detroit, and forwarded them onto myself. I then got in contact with Creep about the situation. One of the offenders was then killed, while the other, VinoGandor, was kept alive. The reason being that the shot was a 'mistake as they were on the IA list' so Vino was let off with a slapped wrist. Quite the double standard.

Reply by: Cpt-Harris at Jun 10, '13 14:59 

Let me tell you this was not a mistake but more about that later.

The protection order from Cpt-Harris was published in two parts which were as follows.

The second part of this initiative is to ensure that while you are un-housed, you remain alive.  This is a message to all of the newly training or existing hitters out there.  Our world has codes and morals when it comes to hitting.  Training your gun on those who are at a disadvantage due to a housing situation will no longer be tolerated.  This means no more wacking unsponsored gangsters or goombas who have arrived at our shores within the last three days.  If it has arrived at our shores on May 10th or beyond, you are not to kill it.  Give these people time to find a home.

Started by: Cpt-Harris at May 13, '13 20:04 

To clear up any confusion with the protection rule, here is an update on what is currently being enforced:

Anyone who has been active in May but is currently inactive and was born before May 10th is currently under protection until May 25th as per what was agreed upon by a representative of each city in a meeting held shortly after last weeks war.

Anyone who was born on May 10th or beyond has until the end of May 20th to find a home. After that, normal rules regarding unsponsoreds apply. 

Reply by: Cpt-Harris at May 19, '13 02:24 

Now, when you look at the person that was shot in particular you might think it was an illegal shot at first.

The person that was shot was PapaCoust, http://mafiareturns.com/news/uprofile.php?id=472990

If you look at the protection order there are a couple issues that have to be raised though. Firstly the people that fell in range of the protection order. It was said at first that the protection was only true for those of the rank of Gangster and Goomba. A little less than a week later it is said that "anyone" falls under the protection order. Does that mean anyone affiliated with cosa nostra or anyone meaning every civilian in this world? I think it is safe to assume here that only people affiliated with cosa nostra would be in question.

The second point is, since PapaCoust was indeed a Civilian that merely came up as a target for the mob as you can see with this little information: Start Date: May 12, '13 23:30 (28)Last Active: May 12, '13 23:41.

So, the point i am raising is why didn't these Civilians fall under the protection for 2 straight days prior and were left to be slaughtered by the mob?

To give you an insight on just how many people died that were the same as PapaCoust starting from the announcement of the updated protection order, a list of illegal shots taken during the time in question per announcement of the protection orders.

Tommo None Detroit Gangster Dead May 12, '13 23:39 May 19, '13 23:42
PapaCoust None Detroit Gangster Dead May 12, '13 23:30 May 19, '13 23:33
Frmthadead None Philadelphia Gangster Dead May 12, '13 23:24 May 19, '13 23:24

Invoker None Chicago Goomba Dead May 10, '13 05:32 May 19, '13 22:38
Scotty None Chicago Gangster Dead May 12, '13 06:54 May 19, '13 22:30

bronson None New York Gangster Dead May 12, '13 16:36 May 19, '13 21:05
BigBangBang None New York Gangster Dead May 12, '13 20:45 May 19, '13 20:45
asddfadsf None New York Gangster Dead May 12, '13 20:18 May 19, '13 20:18

Nastya None New York Gangster Dead May 12, '13 19:55 May 19, '13 19:55
Mandem None New York Gangster Dead May 12, '13 14:53 May 19, '13 19:00
Buzz None New York Gangster Dead May 12, '13 18:28 May 19, '13 18:28
Geweldig None Philadelphia Gangster Dead May 12, '13 18:15 May 19, '13 18:15
joejoejoe None Chicago Gangster Dead May 12, '13 17:46 May 19, '13 17:47
MR_A None New York Gangster Dead May 12, '13 17:33 May 19, '13 17:34
Ditte None Chicago Gangster Dead May 12, '13 16:58 May 19, '13 16:58

adam85 None Detroit Gangster Dead May 12, '13 14:59 May 19, '13 14:59
Don-Wheeler None Detroit Gangster Dead May 12, '13 13:23 May 19, '13 13:23
WeedPuffer None Chicago Gangster Dead May 12, '13 12:45 May 19, '13 12:45
micheal None New York Gangster Dead May 12, '13 12:13 May 19, '13 12:13
Jenni None Detroit Gangster Dead May 12, '13 01:42 May 19, '13 11:05
Poison None New York Gangster Dead May 12, '13 09:19 May 19, '13 09:19
Kairi None Chicago Goomba Dead May 17, '13 02:22 May 19, '13 08:17

Legend None Chicago Gangster Dead May 12, '13 01:06 May 19, '13 05:14
Alfie None Chicago Gangster Dead May 12, '13 02:43 May 19, '13 03:22
MrRager None Chicago Gangster Dead May 12, '13 03:19 May 19, '13 03:16

23 Cases of the same kind as the Vino Gandor case, of which to my knowledge only 1 has been touched upon, the Vino Gandor shot.

If you add up the casualties starting from May 17 that show the same type of Civilians you will get more than just a handful of shots that also have not been touched upon.

Why did it suddenly become such a huge deal when Vino Gandor, a soldier at the time, shot a(n inactive) Civilian just 27 minutes before the protection order would have been released IF it even applied to Civilians.

An important fact to note is that Cpt-Harris approached Creep about the matter several days after the incident.

Please consider the facts and don't remember Vino Gandor as someone who broke his oath. Thank you.

There has also been no evidence of "War-talks" in the journals. Considering Vino was in the trusted circle of Creep and being the #2 Gun in Detroit it seems safe to say there has been no intention of going to war with anyone.

(ooc: PapaCoust has still not logged in to this day and would remain Civilian if it wasn't for this 7 day-turn-gangster-thing)

Report Post Tip

Cool story, bro.

Report Post Tip

DocHoliday in this care I would not call it a "story" considering that all Mr. Depruis said/showed is public information you yourself could find if you cared to look.

Mr. Depruis sorry for your loss and I for one do not see Vino Gardor as an honorless man.

Report Post Tip

The key word there is "care" and on this fine day, my friend, not one fuck was given.

Report Post Tip

I see you don't venture to the streets often DocHolliday, probably for the best it stays that way considering how embarrassing you look when you do.

Report Post Tip

I venture to the streets when I please and no piss ant Wise Guy is going to dictate how or when I do. It would be for the best if you remembered your place when speaking to a made man.

Report Post Tip

With that reasoning DocHolliday you should take your own word into consideration when speaking to a higher rank than yourself.

Report Post Tip

Did I insult you or degrade you in any way? No. I simply pointed out that I didn't give a fuck what some thug was blabbering on about.

Report Post Tip

I'll respect your rank when i think it's worth respecting. Until that point comes i'll base my opinion on your words and how you carry yourself.

Report Post Tip

So you're saying that Bosses aren't worth respecting? Good to see what's being taught in your crew. Congratulations on thoroughly embarrassing your crew leader.

Report Post Tip

Blink, I would advise thinking about your next comment. =)

Doc, there is really no need to push your rank and stature upon someone publicly. You are above the rank of Made therefore trashing someone publicly, it should be beyond you. Take it to him privately by all means.

Blink has not embarrassed his crewleader at all, but does however need to think carefully about what he is saying before he does step over the line.

Cool your beans folks, we are family.

Report Post Tip

No Doc you did not insult me or degrade me but you where not respectful either.

I will leave it at that.

Like Orithyia said we are family from the same city and their is no need to start conflict where their is none.

Report Post Tip

Vino, i know of  at least two shots reported regarding protection style order people post war that were shot dead.  These were confused people to a degree just trying to build guns to protect their families.  The truth is it will always happen, and will always be many who don't get caught but is why witnesses coming up the chain is always so important. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Regarding the Vino Gandor Shot
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL