Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 08:37:01
Page:  1 
Cry me a River! Started by: Mad-Hatter on Jun 10, '13 20:56

The Mad Hatter walks to the streets with one of his trusted Bodyguards named Milo. he sits down on a crate, and snaps his fingers with Milo putting a cup of hot tea in his hand.

As I came back on some unforeseen business at my house; I came back to see there was a war. and for that may each soul who perished find eternal peace. Now let this old man give a lesson in how things work in this life. My bloodline has been off and on to these shores since the days of the old country.

Mad Hatter. takes a little sip of his Tea, and puckers his lips.

Damn it Milo, watch putting so much Lemon in the tea next time!

Milo gets a bath with the ruined tea. as Mad Hatter turns back to the crowd.

Now where was I? Oh yea; I recall now. My grandsons have seen many families come and go countless times. Yes its a sad fact of life in this type of life we have chosen for ourselves, as I will die one day too. But, there is no reason to come to the streets and flame current Crew leaders in a disrespectful tone simply because your forefathers died due to their current roles in their lives. It happens to the best of us all.

Did not your Fathers and Mothers teach you a thing we call respect? you are to talk men of respect with respect. no matter how you feel towards them, even you"re enemies we should talk in respect. we don't question this logic we follow it because its tradition in this thing of ours.

Come Along Milo, I'm going to teach you the fine arts of tea brewing!

Report Post Tip

I do believe that it's a not-so-proud tradition of our world for the sons and daughters of the deceased to come and shout in the streets. It's inevitable just like it's inevitable that people will complain about the complainers. 

Some people simply don't react too well to the news of their fathers or mothers dying after a war. Especially those bloodlines who are only second or third generation mobsters, I think. The pain of losing a love one in the way people die around here is not something everyone is accustomed to. Which is understandable. Their parents just died. I don't think it's too crazy to cut them a little slack.

So whilst I don't think their behavior is acceptable, I do empathize with their reactions and hold nothing against their bloodlines.  Just let them get their rage and sorrow off their chests and their sons and daughters will more than likely come back to us productive mobsters. 

Report Post Tip

vectre walks in and leans against a wall "personally i dont see the use of crying over spilled milk i have long since accepted my mortality which is precisely why i do not get too too mad when i die just a little irked because the way i see it complaining on the streets isnt going to bring back your lost father therefore it is a lot better for everyone if they just move on and make a new character and continue anew as all who have died and choose to stay on these shores have to do restarting is a fact of life here  i get your point though myrddin i also harbor no ill against their bloodlines but flooding the streets raging against people isnt the answer" after stating his opinion vectre gets up and walks out 

Report Post Tip

Hopping from top to roof top, I over hear MadHatter talking about people bitching about some so called war. I pause a moment and   jump down from the roof I was standing on directly in front of the fellow Mafioso. 

" This war you speak of was not a war friend, it was an onslaught."

I pull out my cigarettes and light one. i then take a drink of my coffee and proceed with my lecture....

" We were slaughtered like pigs and the vast majority of us didnt even know what it was for until after the slaughter was finished. If you are going to speak of the events of the other night...call it what it really was. A fucking slaughter slaughter house"

I take another drag of my cigarette and another swig of my coffee....and prepare to finish my lil speech before leaving

" you guys did what you had to do to protect your city and i can respect that. but stop posting in the streets about it and rubbing it in our faces. This makes you no better than the people bitching about dying. So we died, yippee kye yay, i was set back a measly 3 days from attaining the goal of getting my button. i created a new character and accepted that shit happens."

i finish my cigarette and take my leave, disappearing again into the shadows....

Report Post Tip

vectre turns to ezio "people are just pissed over dying our streets will be normal agin in about a week when people are done with their meaningless complaining and those that are rubbing it in our faces our just telling the people who are still pissed to suck it up because they are doin nothin but complaining and cant seem to get the big picture here that life goes on as you said they did what they had to do to protect their city which is indeed admirable but those who complain bring dishonor to their bloodline and family that is all" vectre turns around once again stating his piece and walks off and disappears into the alleyways 

Report Post Tip

The Mad Hatter, turns back to the young Gangster named Ezio whom is speaking to him.

" you guys did what you had to do to protect your city and i can respect that. but stop posting in the streets about it and rubbing it in our faces. This makes you no better than the people bitching about dying

Now tell me Sir, where was I rubbing it into anyones face? matter of fact, I said may they rest in peace. I belive you may misunderstood my rant.

Report Post Tip

i believe it was the post in general that set me off. tbh im sick of the bitching from the ppl that died and im sicking of the victors feeding into that. like i said you guys did what you had to do. some things are better left unsaid my friend.

Report Post Tip

Some things are better left unsaid?... Are you really suggesting that no explanation would have been a better one?... A lot of things set me off about that war Ezio, these are the streets, after all that ranting from "your side", I think one or two people are allowed to voice their opinions. Mad Hatter was voicing his, if you have a problem with that, do what 90% of these fair people do on these shores, ignore them. Freedom of speech is something that will never die, the KuKu bloodline has taught us that.

We weren't feeding into anything, in fact he was talking about his own separate topic rather than going down the road to M's chat, and fueling that fire. If anything he's agreeing with your statements as to just move on, he just didn't say it the way you wanted him to.

Were people too, we are allowed to speak, don't be telling my Left Hand he shouldn't be talking about something when he has a very good reason to.

Report Post Tip

i believe it was the post in general that set me off. tbh im sick of the bitching from the ppl that died and im sicking of the victors feeding into that. like i said you guys did what you had to do. some things are better left unsaid my friend.

Perhaps they are, but, in reality it's just something you have to get used to. You can let it bother you or you can just get used to it and not let it bother you. It's up to you. People always have(or at least for as long as my bloodline has been around) and will continue to bitch in the streets. You could do what I did for a while, just not bother even paying attention to what is said in the streets but then you miss some important stuff.  Because the fact of the matter is, nothing you say is going to stop someone like M or anyone else from saying what they want to say because someone who is grieving and upset over the loss of their father will NOT respond to reason and complaining about it won't stop them saying what they need to say.

Also, the victors feeding into it seems like a good thing to me. I'm of the opinion that any activity in the streets is good activity. I didn't always think that way and often got annoyed by things like people repeating the same topics, not speaking properly, etc but now I've decided that each person who opens their mouth ultimately adds to the vitality of our streets and if people stop, well, then all you have is a bunch of crew announcements and who wants to have only that?

Report Post Tip

ezio, myrddin brings up a valid statement though as much as i hate the complaining it brings a sort of "breath of life" per Se to the streets there is no reasoning with people like "M" i tried but nothing i said would sink in the most you can do ezio is either A.voice your opinions like i do or just ignore the complaining like other people it is a fact that people go on the street to bitch after a war it happens all the time then other people like me just voice their opinions. well i said my piece good day all. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Cry me a River!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL