Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 01:15:09
Page:  1 
Burn Baby Burn Started by: KittieCapone on Jun 19, '13 09:45

The air was swampy and smelled faintly of mold as Kittie stepped out of her apartment building and down the steps to her car.   It had rained a few days earlier but instead of being refreshing the temperature soared and soured the city.  Kittie pulled at her blouse, the silk already beginning to dampen.  "Dammit, I just bought this outfit!"  No one had been specific on what she was to wear to the meeting except that it had to be black.  With one more tug at the moist fabric she sighed and reached for her keys.  Her hands trembled slightly as she unlocked her car.  This was the first meeting she'd been invited to and her mind was churning with possibilities.  

The drive out to the cannery was eerie in the stillness of the night.  The muggy air created a curtain of soundlessness that just made the night that less bearable.  Kittie parked where she'd been told and walked towards the back, stopping suddenly when she heard a shotgun being loaded.  

"Who's there?"  The voice was gruff and Kittie's eyes adjusted in the dark to see an outline of a man she thought she recognized.  She kept to the instructions she'd been given however and cleared her throat. 

"W-why yes, hello?  Is this the Cat's Meow?  I have an invitation from the head kitten herself to come dancing tonight!"  She smoothed her damp hands down her skirt and wondered if she'd said it all right.  There was a small, dark laugh.

"Come this way."  The man turned and Kittie followed close behind, desperate to not get lost in the sweltering dark.  Once inside the building there was dim light and Kittie saw her crew leader and several other members standing in a group, all of them dressed in black.  

"Kittie, glad you came.  Is this your first time?"  Kittie nodded absentmindedly as her eyes adjusted more fully.

"Is this Tony Luciano's shipping depot?"  Large crates were stacked on pallets and almost everything was emblazoned with a stylized cursive 'L.'

"Yes it is."  Solastalgia smiled at her.  "You look nervous, what's on your mind?" 

"I was wondering what I'm doing here to be honest.  I've been throwing around possibilities all week, and most of them weren't good."  She swallowed and looked up.  "Are you going to kill me?" 

Solastalgia's smile was small but indulgent.  "No, no we are not going to kill you.  The reason you're here is to commit your first real felony."  

Kittie started.  "I thought murder was a felony?"  She was baffled by the ripples of laughter from the other crew members. 

"Murder is a felony, but it's a singular crime, not much room for family bonding eh?"  He tossed her a lighter.  "We're going to burn this place to the ground.  Everyone has a roll to play.  Doing crimes like this helps make us a tighter machine, better prepared for unexpected things." 

The next few minutes were spent making sure everyone knew where to go and what to do.  Kittie had been given a larger version of a cigarette lighter and a mask.  

"We're going counter clockwise.  First the fuel, then the fire, then a double check to make sure it's blazing.  We've already paid off the fire department on this side of town so there's no worries about the fire going out before this building it completely destroyed.  Ok, let's do this!" 

Kittie fiddled with the trigger, while she waited for the kerosene to be distributed.  As soon as they were a quarter of the building away from her she pressed the brass handle and began to run, fire kissing the fuel and instantly wicking up the walls.  The heat was intense and she ran fast, afraid the flames would catch up with her and her idiotic silk blouse.  Finally, as smoke began to cloud her vision she heard a shout. "Go, go go!"  That was the signal to get out.  A door up ahead had been propped open and she stumbled outside, a resounding slam behind her as one of the crew shut the door. 

"Get in your car and follow me!" Solastalgia barked.  Kittie nodded and practically fell into her car, following the others to a lookout where they all parked and got out. 

There was a breeze and Kittie could see the building glowing like an ember, the smoke billowing sideways in the light wind.  The stench of the damp air had cleared and although she could smell kerosene and a little smoke she breathed deep and closed her eyes, the adrenaline rush beginning to wear off.  

"So, what did you think of your first organized crime?"  The voice was someone she didn't know but she smiled and leaned against her car.

"It was-" She paused.  "It was fun."  There was a thrill that traveled up her spine. It was true. She had had fun.  It was the same thrill of terror and accomplishment she'd felt when she'd freed herself of Tom.  She smiled and turned to Solastalgia, tossing him the lighter he'd given her. "When can we do it again?" 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Burn Baby Burn
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL