Get Timers Now!
X

May 01 - 00:18:34
Page:  1 
Crew Leaders and Street Presence. Started by: Gohan on Jun 21, '13 03:28

Gohan stepped out from a Philadelphia alleyway and onto one of the broader streets where the mobsters met to discuss the topics of the day. He had come out here quite often in the past few weeks, as he felt that a man of his stature should make appearances among the criminal masses. He didn't want to be one of those known as a "nobody" leader, one that was silent for most of their stint at the head of a family. He stood there and listened to some of the other mobsters speaking, complaining, and congratulating each other on recent accomplishments. He didn't see many other leaders out there...at least not like his ancestor's journals spoke of.

He stepped up to the small soapbox on the sidewalk and waited for the other mafioso to calm down before speaking. He lit up a cigarette and smiled warmly at a few friendly faces in the crowd. His bodyguards fidgeted nervously behind him, it was easy to see that they didn't agree with their boss being out here in the open like this. Finally, Gohan spoke.

This topic has been discussed before, many times I think. For years people have complained about leaders not coming to the streets enough, not making themselves known to the people well enough. For the most part, I agree. From the journals of my ancestors, I have read of a steady decline in the street presence of leaders over the last few generations. Other than auth speeches and war explanations, it is tough to find a street speech from a leader.

I am here to make an attempt to change that trend. I wish to be out here with the people, sharing my feelings and thoughts on our world as it continues to grow. I want to be well known to my fellow mafioso, I wish to have people remember me as an intelligent and well spoken man. 

He paused for a second and took a long drag from his cigarette, inhaling and exhaling with deliberation. One might think he was pausing for dramatic effect.

But the real reason I am here today, the main point of this little speech I'm giving, is to ask what you think. I would like to know what the other mafioso of our world would like to see from us, the crewleaders. Are you content with the current state of Crewleader street activity? Or would you prefer to see us do a couple of roleplays, hell, I'd even be willing to come out here and let you all interview me, where anyone could ask me any question they wish. If you truly want to know what someone is about, you need to speak with them personally. A few snippets of street talk aren't going to show you who a leader truly is. 

So please, tell me what you would like to see from me, and any other crewleader who wishes to do what I am trying to do. Don't be shy.

With a final puff of his cigarette, he stepped down from the soapbox and re-entered the crowd, so as to better hear the reactions of the people around him.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Pickles takes some time off from his tyranny to listen to Gohan.

I like it, sir!  I won't even mention Rule #3.  'Tis enough complaining about a problem and now there's some DOING about the problem.  I think there might be a problem that peple want something, but they don't know what they want.  People want their leaders in the streets, but they don't know what they want to say.

Before becoming a tyrannical despot, I was a mobster much like you (not you, Gohan, you're a crewleader).  But, I've thought the leaders should be leaders in the HQ's and in public.  They should be bringing up their views on the important topics of the day.  Of course, nobody wants to hear 12 different speeches from 12 different crewleaders on the same subject.  But, we want to know where the leaders stand on today's hot topis.

Another thing I think people want is explanations of actions.  But, when they come, it's always a he said/she said yelling match which usually boils down to name calling and other inappropriateness. 

Perhaps what we want to see is that the crewleaders are people too.

On the other hand, I think the question you are posing more than adequately satisfies my first category.  What do we want?  We calmor for something, yet don't say what we want.  We say we're hungry, but don't know what to eat. 

But, my good Gohan, if you can't find anything to discuss in the streets, I'm sure The Tabloid News will be more than willing to fill in any blanks the crewleaders don't fill.

Pickles returns to the burden of tyranny.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Lord Voldemort steps out of the shadows and approaches Gohan with a smile. " Sir i would like to Answer your question." Voldemort proceeds to light himself a cigarette and begins an explaination of how he feels.

" Sir, I have been in the mafia world now for quite a few generations, Through 10 generations of characters your the first leader i have seen come up here and say something other than an explaination of war, or an Auth that just took place."

Voldemort takes a few drags of his cigarette and shifts his eyes from left to right and behind him before continuing. 

" I respect a leader reguardless of whether or not they step out into the streets, i know my place in this world of ours. but there is one thing i would like to see change and so far i have only seen it happen once. I want to see more Auths for people who have never had the experience. I understand that it comes with experience but you really dont know the true potiential someone has until you give them the chance to show their qualities. I would also like to see the leaders actively teaching those of us that are seeking an Auth more than this is what i did to get here or this is what you do. i think that the best way to teach is by them actually doing it but not throwing them to the sharks, like giving them a chance as a LH or RH after they have proven to be trustworthy. with that said, i truely appreciate that you came out here and asked what us "nobodies" think, i admire and respect that."

With a final handshake Voldemort finishes his cigarette and disappears back into the shadows that he emerged from 5 minutes before.

Armorbearer was walking around the city clearing his head a little, when he came to a street of a clustered crowd from within. He walks to see what all the fine people were huddled for, and as he came closer he sees in the distance a figure standing taller then the rest.

Was this man that tall or was he standing on something.

As Armor got closer within the crowd he noticed the figure was only to be his brother Gohan, so he stands within the crowd listening to each and everything his brother said, because he knew if Gohan was making a speech, it was damn well worth listening too.

Pulls out his last cigar only to notice, he had forgotten his lighter at home. Someone taps Armors shoulder from behind, Armor seems startled a little, as he turns only to find a man holding a lighter of his own out to oblige Armor.

Armor thanks the man, then turns to enjoy the remainder of the speech, and then steps forth from within the crowd to speak on his opinions of the situation at hand. But before speaking, he takes off his handship merit for in this just cause, he is merely a member of society, of the underworld.

Armor thanks Gohan for the words spoken & turns to the crowd to begin speaking;

I, good sir, am troubled by such concerns as well, not for myself but for our very communities. I am not very pleased with the non-presence of our leaderships, not coming forth to these very streets to influence our society.These are leaders we all speak of yet, there is no leading upon these streets. Therefore in the absence of leadership, these streets fall to chaotic hecklers. So i say nay to the chaos and yay to the guidance of what we all hope is to come. LEADERSHIP!!!

Armorbearer turns back to Gohan to thank him once more, before heading back through the crowd and onto the sidewalks to continue clearing his head.

Report Post Tip

-Deathstalker- descends pop one of Mr.Pickles giant balloons by using his tongue. If pickles allows

I must agree to that Mr.Pickles, Armorbearer , and yes Gohan this issue is getting old. However in my own humble opinion and point of view I came up on a solution at least how to end this cycle but this would be all up to those that have authorities to do so and those people having knowledge in these streets.

I came up with this.. what if we put aside some of those old geezers doing this or letting this cycle occur and focusing on those that are new in this thing of ours, teach them, guide them on how to approach people in the streets, making a topic and what are the pros on doing so.

We all know the quote "Our children is our future" it's true, if we don't equipped them well at the stage of growing and learning their future would only end up the same thing happening in these streets right now, we only need initiatives to those that know how and authorities to imply these ideas.

-Deathstalker- ascends and pop one of Mr.Pickles giant balloons by using his tongue again?. If pickles allows :)

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Crew Leaders and Street Presence.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL