Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 20:31:07
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Free advertising Started by: AlabamaWorley on Jun 22, '13 18:39

DanK. That sounds like a splendid idea. I seem to recall Izzy doing something with Stickers before?

Though clearly its not what I was aiming for with "free" advertising, it could very well work out to be a good low cost idea. However, when you mention about sticking all these stickers in prominent places, is there no laws against doing things like that? Is it not similar in the sense to fly tipping?

The only concern I have with that is that I wouldn't want MR getting into bother for the users sticking things all over the globe :D.

Report Post Tip
Honestly, Twitter is probably the easiest vehicle of promotion.  The MR twitter appears to be automated, followed mostly by either people that already play or spammers.  The account also follows no one, so nobody is going to be aware that it's there unless they seek it out.  If someone were to raid followers of an account of a similar demograph and the outgoing tweets were modified to attract interest of people not already involved it could potentially drive people to the site.
Report Post Tip

I agree with sexcecutioner. Twitter needs to be used much much better. Many of the big followers who are not celebs become big followers because they follow everyone (and then those follow back)

Secondly, and I have suggested this before, Credit rewards for twitter/FB need to be created. Atm, you get a feee CD by clicking on a link in IRC which takes you to the twitter page which then takes you to here. By clicking an link on IRC, we aint benefiting anyone. what I suggest (and have suggested) is two ways to gain free CDs and free advertising:

Facebook

Rather then you have to click the link to get the free CD, you have to 'like' a post on MR's FB page to get a free CD. you are entitled to 1 free CD a week

Twitter

Once a week, you can gain a free Credit. To do so, all you have to do is RT any MR message.

Too make these work, we can use the + icons that we use for posting. They appear 1 week after you last clicked (in the same way as 24 hours after last posting) and it links you to the facebook & twitter pages. You then have to 'like' or RT and tweet/post in the last 24 hours to gain your free CD. To link your like or RT to your profile, we will need to add both FB names and Twitter handles to your profile (it wil lbe hidden, only seen by admin) so that admins can see that the like/RT has been done before giving the CD.

The average twitter user has 126 followers. if 200 people RT a week, that is a reach of  around 25k people. FB would make this many more. Free. Easy. And we all benefit. 

Report Post Tip

un 29, 2013 16:00:01 - No big names died in the last hour... SIGN UP! RANK UP! AND FIX THAT! http://mafiareturns.com/

that should be what has to be liked or rt'd imo

Report Post Tip
I love that sticker idea :)
Some one needs to take up the twitter account then :P
Report Post Tip

Have a connection to a commercial printing, and direct mailing company ... Pretty sure I can get the stickers/merchandise at a negligible cost. Or, I could get t-shirts, letterheads, business cards, flyers, newsletters, notepads, pens, mailing lists, etc, etc. Also, been working to locate domains that would help benefit MR. Been able to purchase a few domains, and they current forward to MR. Although, I'm still searching for more domains at the moment.

Report Post Tip

Heh, I did that myself in the tescos here a few months back. Was a good laugh. I plan to do it again and again and again.

My personal goal is to do it in an Apple store. Nfp.

Report Post Tip

Floury.. I ended up doing it in the Apple store :D

My wife decided she wanted an ipad so I figured fuck it we'll buy it at the Apple store, might as well its the same price. So I changed a wee of their tablets to MR whilst she was sorting out buying hers.

Report Post Tip

You could always try shouting it from a moving vehicle 

Report Post Tip

I say we find a midget.... talk him into streaking in a football game after we spraypaint MafiaReturns.com on his back. and lube him in oil to prolong his capture!

on serious note i love the sticker idea ill buy a few =] errm no ideas on my part though im sorry

Report Post Tip

I think Izzy might be onto something. only modification I would suggest is making the stickers a little bigger, and putting: the MR logo, The action is yours, The reaction is not, and the Web URL on there. I'll be attending a university in florence italy, and Sarai will be attend her local community collage. Between us, say we hit 15-20 thousand people between the two of us. And i'd bet we can d that for under 15 bucks total.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Free advertising
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL