Get Timers Now!
X

May 12 - 15:34:57
Page:  1 
The Big Bad Thank-You Hour Started by: Marietta on Nov 26, '08 02:03
The only time someone ever lists someone in a thread, it's usually a retirement thread. And those are totally not happy. So I have decided to do something more positive. This here is a promotion thread. Get it? Got it? Good.

I am sure that some time or another, every little boy or girl dreams of becoming a Godfather in this game. Well, I have- and it's definitely a place I never thought I would be, not by a long shot. As much as I would love to strut around, acting like a total bitch and smiting people with how awesome I think my status makes me, I know that Godfather is a rank that is not mine to brag about.

No. My achieving Godfather has been quite the group effort, if I do say so myself. Along with the massive amounts of co-authoring of role plays, working for (and with!) amazing families, jailbreak assists and interactions with many a player, this rank has also cost a tremendous amount of moral and emotional support from a wide range of people that I have met throughout my Mafia Returns playing career.

This rank of Godfather is not mine- it is all of ours. It is an accomplishment many of us here in the community have helped to achieve.

So what's my point, here? Thank you. Thank you to every single person in the database right now- all the way from our fellow Dons Doyle, Striphe and Zoey, down to the very last person who is about to turn IA. Thank you. Thank you for the countless hours of entertainment, thank you for the effort you put into the game to create this amazing atmosphere. Thank you all for not killing me, haha.

Any way, there is quite a long list of people I want to give a personal 'thank you' shout-out to, so please bear with me while I make this sappy Academy Award-esque speech of mine.

Billy_Bathtub: I hate you. Really, I do. But on a more serious note, I want to thank you for being there for me. For being my personal alarm clock through wars, for doing my dishes and laundry when I'm glued to the computer and forget to clean; from making me better through my lows to totally celebrating with me during my highs, I cannot think of anyone else I would've rather shared most of my mafia moments with. Without you I most likely wouldn't even be playing the game right now. So thank you, for everything. <3<3

My Yes Girls:
Eepster: Without you Marietta would not exist. And I mean that literally. I still remember the day that you were trying to coax me out of my "retirement", and you helped me come up with a fun character- strictly for RP- "NOTHING ELSE!" (Funny how that turned out, eh?). You have always been there to be a constant reminder of why I'm here, and why I keep doing what I do. Your spirit and energy is contagious, and I am so grateful to you for that. <3

Belle: LETS GO SWIMMING! You have, without a doubt, been my biggest source of comfort during these last few months. Whether you've loaned me your shoulder to cry on, your PM box to whine in, or have just helped me to bring Kelly-like havoc upon the Mafia world, I know that I always have been (and always will be) able to count on you for whatever, whenever. Like Shakira but better. And definitely better than Telkin. You are a darling, darling friend, and I am so very happy to have you in my life. Here's to NJ BIOTCH! <3

Silk: As I said to you once, you are the ying to my yang, the peanut butter to my jelly, the the mass homicide to my rainbows and sunshine. Without you the Riot! could not possibly be as functional and well run as it is today. There are often times that I feel lost without you in the HQ. You are so well-organized, detail oriented and utterly amazing that it has literally felt like you are my right hand these past few weeks. I can think of not a single person who has worked harder for me than you have, and no one else deserves to inherit the family besides you. Make me proud, though I already have faith that you will surpass my own (and everyone else's) expectations. Kick ass, as wild hearts are wont to do. <3

Izzy, FM, Mario: Thank you for creating a world that I have been able to lose my reality in for 524 days... and counting! I know you guys never really get credit for a lot of the things that go on behind the scenes, but just know that I truly appreciate and love you guys, from the bottom of my heart. You have developed a game that I have not only enjoyed playing, but have helped to maintain a community that I am very happy to be a member of. You boys rock. :)

Juju and Burdabean: What can I say, guys? You've always been there when it's mattered the most. Even if we get into ridiculous arguments about, what, pubes and me stealing your nieces? Water under the bridge, np. You two have done a lot in helping me to realize- at the worst of times when I get too frustrated or angry- that this game is meant to be played in fun. Kind of like Burdabean said once, with the whole battleship scenario- "You sunk my battleship you rancid <censored>!" I love you two so friggin' much. <3

Authed, Hazel, Lovey, Fatality, Cavey: I fucking LOVE you guys! Thank you guys so much for never letting me lose the faith, and for believing in me every single step of the way. Without you guys I don't think I could've found it in me to keep working. EEE OOOORRR! GO GO GF GO! <3

Sammy, Amber, Risque, Zephryl, Mister Phat, Cam and others that will be joining me in the GF Castle: Thank you for being aweeeeeeeeeeeesome to the extreme. You have all played large roles in my career as Marietta (and some of you have even been loyal and dear friends since the Badass days- hi Sammy and Amber! :D), and I can not think of a greater group of men and women I would rather take with me. Thank you for your constant support and encouragement.

tiggy: Even though my "great great timesamillion grand-pappy" warred your "great great timesamillion grand-mammy", you still saw past that and gave me a chance to prove myself to you and the community. That speaks volumes about your character, and how you are a brave and resilient woman who can learn to forgive and forget. For that I am forever and a thousand times over thankful to you.

FlyingPig: You have been one of the biggest inspirations to me on the game. There have been times that I've looked up to you, there have been times when I've disliked you- but in the end you have always been right, and have always had the steadfast and patience to give a little old 'noob' like me a few words of advice. "Being a CL isn't about staying alive a long time. It's about creating a legacy."; I have tried my hardest to live by those words every day since. Thank you.

Frankie: Just because you signed my baby. You've also been another inspiration of mine for quite some time now, so thanks for just chilling out, being cool, and playing a mean Rock Band guitar!

Fridge: Remember the first or second time I was Right Hand, and you bullied me in a war because you're a mean mofo? :( I've grown up a lot since then, haven't I? I am extremely glad that you have remained one of my closest friends throughout all this time. Thank you for always believing in me, even when I have the hardest damn time believing in myself!

VJ, Ganelon: Just because you guys are cool, and do soooo much for the site. I've always heavily looked up to VJ as a RPer, and Ganelon is always good for a smile or a well placed "Just kill them all!!". Thanks for being awesome. :)

Marlboro: Mister Las Vegas, thank you for always being goofy fun to hang out with. You're a great friend, matey, even if you always steal the fucking mayonnaise. BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!

Striphe: Even though you've tried to chloroform me God knows how many times, you deserve a shout out and a thanks for being a great bud and a player.

Blitzy, morte, and Clause: You three boys were the very first friends I ever had on this game. If you guys had not made that experience as fun as you had, I probably wouldn't have stuck around so long. From giving me my first ever start-up loan (Mister V-peach! :D), to being my first "RP Husband" (Adam-son <3) and my "brother" (Kevoooo!), I just want to thank you guys for being some of the most amazing people I have met on here. Thank you for taking little old noob me and training me up right.

Birday: Just because I told you I'd get GF for you. ;)

Prem: Thanks for always being there for me to vent to about anything. You're a great friend and an even better shark!

Every CL I have ever had: Thank you to each and every single one of you. And yes, I'm so sick that I could name you all, but I won't to spare my own awesome-gal image. I have learned something from every single family I have been in, and I have taken that knowledge and applied it to myself, my playing and my family today. Thank you for being an inspiration.

The Mother Fucking RIOT!: You guys are- without a SINGLE doubt- the BEST crew I have ever worked with. I have never met so many dedicated and talented players all under one roof. I am proud of all accomplishments each and every single one of you achieve, and just remember that I'm never more than a stone's throw away (or at least a Mob Mail!). Thank you for making my time as your leader one of the greatest stretches of time I have ever had in this game, hands down. Keep reaching for the stars- because you all can make it big if you keep up the same amount of effort and loyalty you gave to me. <3<3

Once again, thank you everyone.

~ Marietta/Kendra</censored>
Report Post Tip
Yeah. I uncensored my own name. What now, Birday? HUH?
Report Post Tip
My hero obv

<3
Report Post Tip
OMG. What a bitch. She left me out.

No more pizza for you.
Report Post Tip
Heaven: For rhyming with "seven", "eleven" and "manhe'ssogreat-ven". Nfp.
Report Post Tip
Takes a bow

Thank you all, I couldn't have done it without any of you.

Shaggs: For being uber cool... even though you still haven't made boss. Your a slacker, and we both know it.... Ok, well I think I know it. At least you have hot women at your side.

King_Cav: For the herpes you gave me. My mumbled speeches were due to just that. Herpe sores. Thanks ass-hole.

Striphe_Corelli: For gambling every dollar you've ever had.... and not being able to feed your kids. Go get-em tiger.

FabrizioTehGreaser: Well..... Your name just sounds like "Fabio" So I salute you Mr Name-Sounding like a male model man (Mr name-sounding like a Male model MAAAANNNNN)

Nichola: For those old late night rumages. Mmmmhmmm.

Williams2: I really don't even know this guy.

And.....

Premeir: I can never make up my mind if I still hate him.... Meh, whatever.
Report Post Tip
And Marietta for not being an anal retentive mafia chick.
Report Post Tip
Here we go Kendra, here we go. GF!
Here we go Kendra, here we go. GF!

It was a pleasure and an honor to have served a GF.

Your humility is unparalleled. Thank you!
Report Post Tip
I will cry myself to sleep tonight, knowing that Kendra does not think about me. I may even ring Sprozza to bawl over the phone to him about how bad it makes me feel.

:'(

Mutters something about retiring threads and "thank you" threads always having to mention Marco.

I shared the first three letters of my IRC nick with your MR nick, and this is how you repay me!! I am (just under) HALF of your Godfather IGN, and this is how you treat me! It is almost with contempt that you regard me, I know it!

Of course, I'm joking (but not really, I'm just saying that so you'll think I am, when really I am dead upset) and I am sincerely glad that you are joining the esteemed Godfather ranks.
Report Post Tip
Ok ok now for the really funny part where you suicide and everybody freaks out.

Wait for it....
Report Post Tip
Mari, I remember after the last great war we had in the streets and I was left without a family, I annoyed the hell out of you and your RHM and LHM for the longest time trying to get into your family. I constantly told you that I wanted into your crew because I liked how you ran your crew and that you seemed to care about keeping things relatively sane around these parts. I am now very honored to be a member of your crew and now a made man for the first time, so congrats to you for you promotion...
Report Post Tip
Surely Messrs Sprozza, Hoopi and El_Nino deserve a mention here? No?
Report Post Tip
May I say a Thank You as well, Marietta?

Thank YOU for being the best CL i've ever met around here!
Report Post Tip
Kendra, now that you're GF, will you please kill more people...

mkthxbye.
Report Post Tip
Congratulations Marietta. Thank you for all you've done for me and the community.

Love ya honey <3333
Report Post Tip
Kendra now that you are godfather you have lots of time to make mafie babies...plz get to that
Report Post Tip
Ah yeah, I remember giving you some start-up cash way back when.

10 mill ought to cover it!
Report Post Tip
I notice my name is suspiciously absent on here.
Report Post Tip
im obv not mentioned again!

Im sad!

Love,

Your FORMER Co-Tyrant.

Falcao/Skorpeon
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: The Big Bad Thank-You Hour
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL