Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 16:56:47
Page:  1 
Oh Cpt, Our Captain- One Year Anniversary Started by: Kourtney on Jul 24, '13 00:02
With a polite smile and nod at the bodyguards situated next to the hidden entrance, Kourtney waltzes into a city owned speakeasy. Overcrowded, per usual, she noted, but tonight she did not mind. With a stack of flyers in hand she began tapping people on the shoulders and handing them out, exchanging pleasantries as she went.

The jazz music in the background became the only sound accompanying her movements, as the chatter slowly died away, as everyone's focus turned on the paper in their hands and on the woman herself. When she noticed several curious faces turning up toward her, she smiled and clapped her hands together twice.

"Ladies and gentlemen! My apologies for interrupting your evening, but I come with grand, nay, fabulous news! The Windy City is celebrating several joyous occasions today, but I am here today to of course announce the very special, very momentous benchmark for my dear, esteemed leader, Cpt-Harris. Today marks his one year anniversary in his career in This Thing of Ours!"

The chatter picks up immediately, excitedly once more, but Kourtney shakes her head amused and continues on, in a louder voice.

"Many of us here in Chicago want to show our appreciation for our lovely Loop Godfather, and will be running a few contests throughout the day that ALL CITIES are welcome to participate in. The flyer in your hands is a contest that I and a few members of the PACA have whipped up! Take a look over it when you can!"

"Other contests will be announced throughout the day, so keep your eyes and ears peeled on the streets- you will NOT want to miss out on some of the hilarity that will most likely ensue!"

With a smile Kourtney tilts her head to the side and flutters her eyelashes annoyingly.

"On that note, I will let you all get back to your evening. Please do remember to extend your congratulations to Cpt-Harris when you find a free moment, as this is a day to be remembered! And dear Captain, wherever you are at the moment, on behalf of Chicago I would like to say that it has been a true pleasure working alongside and for you. You worked hard for your syndicate back when it was situated in New York, and were a strong, stable influence when the ship moved over to Chicago. After a huge, world-wide and horribly devastating war you managed to hold true to your ideals and beliefs to stabilize our world, which wasn't easy as hundreds of eyes were upon you. You did magnificently, and I can say that we are all truly thankful to the work you put in for our city every day. Congratulations, sir, and remember to enjoy your day!"

With that the woman curtsies, and sashays back out of the speakeasy to pass out more flyers. Speaking of flyers, what was on that again? Oh right, the PACA contest:

The Police Academy- Corrupt Agents Present:
Freaking Kardashians

As you may have noticed, Cpt-Harris has a strict "No Kardashian" (whatever they may be) policy in Chicago. To show solidarity against these efforts, many people have branded themselves "NotAKardashian". However, it appears Harris' efforts to police these people from invading his city have faltered, and ONE Kardashian seems to have snuck in under the radar.

Your mission, should you choose to accept, is to find this Kardashian. Once you have, please send a mobmail to Kourtney (NotAKardashian) with the subject "Kardashian". Please include the name of the culprit. The first 50 people to find this rascally person will earn 200K for their efforts. (Or, if less people enter, more money for the finders!)

All entries must be received by 00:00 July 25th to count! Good luck, and find that bastard!
Report Post Tip

How many times can we enter XD

Report Post Tip

The old man heard the ramblings of shenanigans on the streets and decided to see what this was all about. He heard from the shouts of the boisterous young lady Kourtney that today was a celebration of the Captain's one year. Making his way through the crowds he found Mr. Harris and shook his hand.

"Oh Captain my Captain, what an incredible journey you've had to get to this feat today. Though our families were never that close you took me in, and gave me an address to have my pants shipped to. Sammy left you some big shoes to fill leading all of Chicago but you stuck your feet in with out hesitation. I am proud not only to call you my leader and my godfather but also my friend. Congratulations!"

Report Post Tip

Seeing Kourtney (NotAKardashian) take to the streets on this special day, Brick knew it was about the celebrations, so he felt inclined to listen and pay his tributes to the Leader of The Windy City, Chicago. Trying to get through the crowd to shake the Cpt's hand, Brick feels honored to be part of this proud moment.

"Oh Captain, my Captain, my father first met you a long time ago, hes worked along side you through the thick and thin, and I have been doing the same, and always will as long as there's breath in my lungs. You have fearlessly lead Chicago for a long time now, steered us through devastating war and let us rebuild into the great city in which we are today, it is turely an honor to work for you sir, and your name will forever go down in history, a name to remember. Oh Captain, my Captain, Chicago's Captain, the fearless leader Cpt-Harris."

Shaking Cpt-Harris' hand, Brick lets the next person have their chance to say something, before quickly dodging the crowd to find out who the sneaky Kardashian is.

Report Post Tip

Jack patrolled the streets with a purpose. The photograph of the alleged perpetrator sporting the famous 'Kardashian' tag had been submitted. He was anxious to find out if his evidence submitted had been correct. 

*Tick-tock tick-tock*

The seconds passed by like they were going out of fashion. This wait could not be anymore intense. He was starting to perspire. The usual cool figure that he proudly possessed was turning into a nervous wreck. His palms began to moisten. He had to know if he was successful. 

Jack lit a cigarette and looked over his shoulder, he wasn't alone in his wait...

Report Post Tip

WideAwake stumbles away from the poker table dropping coins and cash all over and raises her glass of lemon water in the air and gives a toast to Cpt-Harris. 

Report Post Tip

My apologies for the lateness on the payouts for the Kardashian contest!  As of now, all but a few participants have been paid out.  If you have not received any cash, it is because your father or mother died before I could wire the money over, so please contact me with the name of the relative that participated, and I will get that cash over to you as soon as possible.

For those curious, the late Arrow was, indeed, a Kardashian.  To those who found the rascal, congratulations!  To those who didn't, better luck next time!

Thank you all for your participation, and your help in celebrating my Cpt's anniversary.  It was a momentous occasion, one we are all glad you could take part in!

Report Post Tip

No problem Kourtney!!! Sadly we lost our beloved Arrow :(

Until next year!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Oh Cpt, Our Captain- One Year Anniversary
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL