Get Timers Now!
X

May 21 - 08:27:40
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
Man up, you got it wrong. Started by: Orithyia on Jul 26, '13 08:29

First, I'm going to assume by other hand you mean the LH he had prior to Myrddin as Myrddin was anything but inactive. 

Second, it doesn't matter whether or not he deserved more chances it matters that after the last time he was given a chance, his activity increased dramatically. Myself and even others outside the family worked with Finnick running jail breaks for hours. At least one other person besides myself mentioned that they thought his activity had increased in the Chicago upper structure room. Things were on their way up. To give a chance and then say "well, most of your time was inactive prior to us giving you this chance" is essentially taking that chance back. It would be like pardoning someone and then saying "oh wait, you know what...I think we keell you now..."

Also, I'm familiar with what his bloodline was "notorious" for, but, with the right people pushing him, he has done pretty well in the past. 

Finally, I think I'll decline your request to "get a grip". My grip is fine for my liking. I'm sure my son's grip will be much more to your liking as I'm making sure to instill in him a sense of letting the past go. 

Report Post Tip
Very well put Orithyia about the 7 days of activity thing. I hold no ill towards toast never have never will but he was not around the way a leader should be. If he couldn't be there the honorable thing to do is step down. I could be wrong but I am pretty sure he pretty much slept of was ia through the big war and woke up right at the end. I could be wrong but a few said that and I think I can remember that as well. Short story he would have been there if he wanted a leader position. It is unfair to the people who work hard or deserve it if he does not himself. Again up until that point I thought both of them were stand up bloodlines.
Report Post Tip

Despite the bloodlining threats from Asylum/McDermott
Reply by: Myrddin at Jul 26, '13 08:40

I'm not going to lie to you, this caught my attention. That's a very serious accusation...backed up by nothing. 
Bloodline hunting is something I always seriously, SERIOUSLY, have frowned up on. And I think currently there is absolutely nobody participating in this pathetic, ridiculous, disgraceful activity.
I truly hope that nobody carrying a bold suit or any respectable rank will lower themselves to this kind of activity and if they do, the community will stand up against this kind of behavior, instantly. I know I will.  

Report Post Tip
I was advised by several people that I forward the mails on to the gods, penquin. So there's that. I never heard back from them though. The second mobmail McDermott told me to enjoy my last account here. From what I understand, he's told at least one of my friends of his intentions on IRC. There are logs out there, I'm sure.
Report Post Tip

Indeed I meant the LH before your father. SonOfARogue.

So, now your argument has been wittled down to "with the right people pushing him, he could've done it", huh?

Well... what can I say. Arrow was his RH and CLEARLY you both thought he wasn't one of these "right people", yes? His other LHM we have established wasn't the most active. So... who are these right people exactly?

Ohhhh, that's right, it leaves... YOU.

That's some fucking mighty ego you have, son.

Report Post Tip
I'm hoping his words were just heat of the moment words that he's not serious about enforcing. He apparently toil my choice of pro to be a personal attack against him. Which it wasn't.

It'd be nice if he were to "man up" and admit to his words. I seriously doubt that will happen though.
Report Post Tip
Sigh. Yet again you fail to understand what I'm saying. Perhaps this is my fault as I keep making comments when I'm half asleep.

My point, Orithyia, is that he WAS doing it. A dramatic improvement over his previous activity and yes, I did have something to do with motivating him to be more active but I was one of many who was working on him.
Report Post Tip

*watches a tumbleweed pass her by*

We're yet to hear from any of these people.

The only comments I've heard besides your own is that Finnick should have stepped down by his own accord anyway.

Report Post Tip

Hater walks out into the street laughing at the fact that Orithyia claims to have known Finnicks inner workings and his bloodline.

Noone has ever dared call the bloodline of Finnicks friendly, he was to bluntly put it an asshole.  He is known to have been around the same group of people ever since his family moved to these shores, so to claim you know him, would mean you are one of these six or seven people, which I am sure you are not.  Also, you say his Left Hand Man before Myrddin was also quite inactive is a bold statement, since this Left Hand Man is also the very person you are defending, Arrow.  Surprise, you are talking about things which you had no clue what was going on.  Arrow was not a first choice of hand, he was only given a hand position after SchoolBoyQ had to leave on real life endeavors, and was giving a promotion upon G_Man leaving for his own other worldly issues. It is hilarious to continuously watch you spout out of  your mouth about things you do not know, nor will ever know. It is ok, continue to make yourself out to be a fool, trying to put the sins of the father on the son.  Clearly you forget that the child is not the person to be blamed.

Hater then turns to penquin and laughs.

You say that you would hope that no crew leaders or upper structure would threaten to do such a thing, but they do.  Lynch mailed my father and very bluntly told him that he would be bloodlining his kin for as long as he was a godfather, and my father also sent a copy of these to the Gods who did not respond.  So how are we to know that this bloodlining is not allowed, when the Gods themselves do nothing about it.  So we now have an instance where not one but two Crew leaders have threatened to Bloodline someone.  Is that what this world is coming too?  So yes, I am worried about the state of our leaders, as well, considering Lynch is just as much at blame as Finnick, since he allowed his Captain to go so Inactive, but yet the fault is not being put on him at all.  Odd how very simple minded some of you people seem to be.

Report Post Tip

My apologies for getting a RHM and LHM mixed up, you're right though...  that meaningless fact really blows the lid on my whole argument.

*rolls her eyes*

I'm not going to legitimise my past friendship with Finnick's bloodline to you, if Finnick's offspring wants to know, he knows where to find me.

Report Post Tip

Allright SonofaRogue, fair enough. Curious what the gods will do with this. I don't remember even seeing the gods interfere with this kind of behavior, so very curious indeed. If there's anything we've learned from the past it is to never allow bloodline hunting again. 

Report Post Tip

I notice my crewleader has been dragged in to this dispute.

'The Gods' have said on many many occasions that bloodlining (within reason) is not something they will punish.

The threat of bloodlining? Shit, that's thrown around constantly - especially in heated situations.

People have threatened to bloodline me, surprising right? Nope, not really. It's to be somewhat expected. Rarely does it ever happen though.

What is bloodlining? You kill a person's next of kin repeatedly due to the acts of their forefathers.

If that's the true definition - it's not practical. In this thing of ours no Crew Leader takes a shot outside of their city walls unless in a direct war or conflict. A Crew Leader shooting another Crew Leader's member would no doubt be answered with swift retribution. The Gun Safety modification was put on our guns, and nobody can claim accidental shooting deaths any more. So what's the issue here?

Bloodlining threats can't be seen as anything more than that, threats. And so far I don't see any proof of my crewleader saying He will personally kill their next of kin without regard to city laws on a repeated basis. He didn't say that because it's not smart, it's not practical, it would be ludicrous. 

This man claims McDermott said 'enjoy your last account (what's an account?) here'

Now, in order for that to happen, it would have to mean that there was not a single crewleader out of the MANY we have that would take them in. And that would be a strange incident seeing how this man already has had invites pending to him, and not from McDermott.

So, I have posed the question whether bloodlining is ACTUALLY possible. My opinion is simply 'not really' unless you want to tear an entire city apart every time they acquire a member you dislike. 

Maybe bloodlining could be considered as something else? Disallowing a member from your city/district? Well, my friends, all you have to do is take a stroll through the OBITS to see, that is a VERY common occurrence. It happens damn near daily, RIGHT in the eulogy. Is it wrong? I don't think so. But, it's the only form of 'bloodlining' that is even remotely feasible at this stage of this thing of ours.

Report Post Tip

ChrisPalko, appreciate you sharing your two cents here though I've to be bluntly honest with you that it's somewhat confusing giving I just had a chat with your crewleader about this matter. But all right, you might not have known about this being discussed elsewhere, fair enough.

First of all, the gun safety thing.... as far as I know nobody ever purposely shot at someone in the past over a bloodline, right? Or did I miss that... I think the gun safety matter is completely irrelevant to a bloodline hunting threat. And to be fair if you can "accidently" click two wrong buttons, I'm sure there's people out there that can click wrong a third time. However, I highly doubt thats the case with your crewleader, nor did anyone ever say that.

Bloodline hunting takes many forms, I'm not offering suggestions here... but as a CL... you have resources you can use to get the job done... hitlisting? hiring a hitman in private for a large cash sum? etc etc. Threats on their own towards a family line are frowned upon to just start with, let alone carrying them out. 

However, I'm pleased to let you know that the bloodline threat is no longer present. We can now go back to Myrddin not accepting Orithyia's duel, as this speech was intended. 

Report Post Tip

After sitting back and listening to the arguments between individuals McDermott takes it what is being said.

I won't hide it, I threatened Myrddin to end his threat before it went too far. Him leader, Finnick, was seen as a rogue. To aid them would mean you're aiding a rogue. Defpony, who did receive left hand, only received it because a rogue from Finnick's crew shot MichaelScofield. My Left Hand Man. She was set there as a recommendation that she could handle learning the ropes. She showed promise as a new bloodline to these shores.

McDermott takes a long drag from his cigarette and slowly exhales.

However, her bloodline and Myrddin knew each other in another life. He asked her, as a made member of my family to pro wack him as well as Finnick. Now, this isn't unusual behavior at all when someone is deemed a "rogue" as Finnick and Myrddin were. However, there is a long past that Myrddin and my bloodline share. We built a city together, we worked together daily for countless hours. Not only that but we were close aside from the mafia life.

My threat of "Enjoy this rank as it's the last your bloodline will see" was a mere scare tactic. As during this time I was challenging him to duel. Risking my life, to end his so no innocent blood was shed. If any of you actually listened when I came to these streets you'd know my bloodline never weighs someones current life on their bloodlines reputation.

It became very apparent that Myrddin had zero respect for me by convincing a new bloodline to aid in a rogues antics. Not only that, but someone whose bloodline was close to mine for a long time.

Would I allow Myrddins bloodline in my family in Black Bottom? No. Would I stop his bloodline from returning to these shores? Absolutely not. Though I will always try to protect the innocent of Detroit and other cities against any rogue.

McDermott takes a long drag from his cigarette finishing it off completely.

Bloodline hunting is almost NEVER necessary. With that being said, I do apologize to Myrddins bloodline for using that as a scare tactic to end his attempts at others innocent lives. My right hand man has mentioned the alternative which is in effect for me. Myrddins kin is not welcome in my family. I have no hold on any other family, district or city. Though as a leader of a family to prosper at this time I try to excel in teaching those who come to me how to succeed. I, afterall am human. I will make mistakes, but I will do everything I can to surround them with mafiosi who can help them succeed. Myrddins bloodline at this time is not one of those. 

I wish his bloodline a prosperous future and in all honesty would give his kin aid towards a prosperous future. Though I would not give his kin home. As our families go back to the point mutual respect should be a given, he chose to disregard that.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

Well... although it wasn't who I intended to stir into action, I must admit I am happy that McDermott has spoken here.

Respect to you for this McDermott. That is how you 'man up'.

Report Post Tip
Thank you, McDermott, for responding. I do appreciate that. It saddens me that you've taken personal offence over this issue when that didn't play a role in recruiting Defpony. When in a situation such as mine, you take help where you can get it regardless of bloodlines. I'm sure my other pro was from a family where I had friends. You don't see them taking that as a slight against their bloodline. They're able to separate bloodline from individual (character/account). My father was a bit of a drunk who would do whatever it took regardless of any other factor for his dear friend Finnick(and I played it as such). I will not apologise for the actions of my father, but, I am saddened whenever the actions of one of my line damages the relations between bloodlines.

Now, as far as reporting it to the gods, there seems to be confusion as to whether or not they in fact respond to such matters. As a couple crew leaders suggested I report the threat. I also need to call bullshit on the idea that somehow a threat doesn't constitute a reason for godly involvement. IF it was against the rules to bloodline. If someone threatens to murder me, I don't say to myself "oh, well, he hasn't actually don't anything as he hasn't murdered me. I'll just ignore the threat". That's just silly. I'm not saying they should have punished him for threatening bloodlining, but, some sort of discussion would have been nice if it is against the rules. Hell, a simple "we don't get involved" would have been nice too. Instead, like most gods, they're incredibly silent.

As far as bloodlining never happening or not even being possible, as seems to be suggested or at least implied by several people, that's just silly. You act like it isn't possible but are you telling me you don't think that certain godfathers could use their influence to prevent someone from staying alive? That doesn't seem so impossible to me.
Report Post Tip

SonofaRogue, from reading my ancestors journals blood lining is possible. I am the first of my blood line on these parts in a very long time. Though my grandfather was a leader a long time ago. When he was around, blood lining didn't involve "godly" involvement. Though that doesn't make it right.

However, you are correct on Godfathers. If they want a certain blood line to perish, I'm sure they could make it happen. (OOC: There were no admins in the real mafia). Whether gods tell me what I did was wrong or not, I soon realized after what I did. Do I feel I deserve to die? Not at all. Do I feel coming out here, publicly stating I was in the wrong and doing what I have to in order to make things right is necessary? Absolutely.

Most mafiosi know when they do wrong. In fact, according to the law we're never in the right. Though we all know no matter how separate our bloodlines are by the different families we represent. Most in this thing of ours stay close to those who haven't done them wrong in the past. Perhaps at some point my bloodline did you wrong? Maybe not. I can say I personally wouldn't have put your fathers family in the position I was in. Asking a Made member who is training as a Left Hand, to pro me when your family isn't involved.

Either way, no matter what anyone says or does it will not make me feel worse than I already do. Anyone that expected perfection out of me or any other leader is dreaming. I made a mistake. I do apologize though for my words against your father. Perhaps one day it will be something I can make up to the Myrddin bloodline. Only time will tell.

Report Post Tip

McDermott, I only tried to get the gods involved because a couple different people I know who know this world pretty well advised me to. I took their advice and contacted them.  I think that if it did happen, it should as bloodlining either pushes people away or creates a bloodline of rogues. All of that doesn't matter though as you have made clear you have no intention on influencing other cities to keep my descendants down. 

As my final hours on this earth draw to a close though, one thing I don't want to go out on is a note of crazy ass rogue trying to justify his fathers actions. The truth of the matter is that Myrddin placed the loyalty towards his friend and crew leader over that of his Godfather. In the end that was what was most important to him. Simple as that. All of my rambling really was just a way to vent after the death of my father. I've come to terms with what he did and the aftermath of what happened. I've moved on and have no intention on my son dwelling on these unfortunate events. 

Report Post Tip

"Hell, a simple "we don't get involved" would have been nice too. Instead, like most gods, they're incredibly silent."

I typed up a 2 paragraph response, hit Submit, and got "This person is dead".  This was friday night about 4 hours after I should have already left the office for the evening.  Your mail is on the top of the stack for monday. When you mail one admin in particular, you will only get responses when they are at work.  When you mail helpdesk, you have like 15 people who can read it, and thus get a much faster reply during off hours. 

As far as bloodlining, I can sum it up here for you:

Bloodlining is not, has not, nor ever will be, against the rules.  What is against the rules is harassment, and there are situations where if bloodlining is done too often and too much against a person who has been innocent for a long time, that it becomes harassment.

Report Post Tip

Thanks for clearing that up Squishy.

I've always thought that a toe-rag's son/daughter can be held accountable for their parent's actions if they decide to carry the 'debate' on. It's only when we get into 3rd,4th, 5th generations being killed for their ancestors that it becomes a problem.  Especially if said bloodline had let the issue rest.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Man up, you got it wrong.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL