Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 19:17:53
Page:  1 
Why more hate? Started by: Rampage on Jul 26, '13 09:46

Rampage was walking threw crowd after crowd hearing everybody curse Myrddin's name. This troubled him, so he went to find himself a box. He finally found one in front of The Drunken Rose. He places it upside down to be able to stand on it. Once on it he begins to speak.

"As I have been walking threw our streets tonight, I have noticed a lot of hate being directed to Myrddin. I just wanted to point out that it was Finnick who started this Rougeing and the majority of the hate was not directed at him. Most of it was to another mobster who was following order in the beginning."

He looks around at the faces angered and he knew they did not like what he was saying.

"Now after Finnick was killed, Myrddin had to choices. One, join a new family or continue what his boss had started. He choose to be loyal to his boss and continue what his boss had started. So why are we directing all our hate at him? For being loyal and what he felt in his heart was right?"

"We would have all done this, if we are loyal to our family.I am only pointing out that our mindless rage has made us mad beyond the point we should be. There were 7 lives lost tonight. The funeral were almost un attended, if you are going to be about someones death then you need to at least visit their funeral."

Rampage steps off the box.

"I can tell I am only rambling on ears who will ignore the message that we are becoming heartless and blood thirsty as a community. I'm done talking."

He walks down the alleyway beside The Drunken Rose and heads home.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Myrddin had been the mouthpiece of his and Finnick's dealings since it started, therefore will have to bear the brunt of people's reactions.

Myrddin also had a mind of his own and could have just as easily not followed his boss into the abyss. There's being loyal a being idiotic. When your boss strikes down his own RHM, accusing him of working behind the scenes to take over the family when said RH had given that family his all... his heart and soul, THEN you are well within your rights to say "Fuck you boss, you are wrong".

There is a fine line between loyalty and common sense that it seems is very hard to judge.

Report Post Tip

I respect you opinion but in my opinion, I would never say "Fuck you boss, you are wrong". I would put my helmet on and dodge as many shots as I could! Would never turn on my leader.

And yes there is a line between loyality and common sense haha. But, I'm just old school and believe when your giving an order, you toss your life out the window and you carry out the order no matter what the cost.

Report Post Tip

I'm all for loyalty, not for stupidity.

I'm a big girl and momma taught me right from wrong. What happened to Arrow was wrong.

Report Post Tip

Id rather go with my own choices then be a mindless drone and follow the orders of a dead man....

Report Post Tip

haha no argument what happened to Arrow was wrong. He should have never been killed, but what happens happens.

To Jack: I can see your point we all have or stance on an issue like this one. Everybody would address it differently. Your choose would be the one that keeps you alive. My choose would be a choose that would get me killed but its not about that, its about the loyalty and honor I have for my family and boss.

Report Post Tip
If A CL makes a choice and the crew are at risk he is no longer a trusted Boss they are there to look after all of the crews interests and any good leader puts the crew first, If you can not change your CLs mind as RHM or LHM then there is little choice for anyone. Personally i would have looked to saving as many of my crew as poss if this ever happened to me!
Report Post Tip

Id rather go with my own choices then be a mindless drone and follow the orders of a dead man....

My father's actions were anything but mindless, ser. You can call his loyalties misguided but he weighed all of his choices and he decided attempting to war his district with his friend and his leader was more important than any loyalties to a Godfather he hardly knew and to a city that is part of the problem of these modern days. Arrow was a preemptive strike. It's easy to cast judgement though when you don't have all the facts and emotions of the situation.

It's also worth mentioning that if by some miracle other crews would have stood against the chaos and oppression that Myrddin felt Chicago represented, your tones would be drastically different. 

I hope this judgement won't be reflected onto his grandson. Who will have nothing to say on the matter, most likely. If it does, if the threats of McDermott bear fruit, then you really shouldn't wonder why you have so many rogues killing BG's, random wacking, etc. Not that my grandson will go that route. I think instead he'd travel to a distant land and give up the lifetimes of crime. If that's what you want, to reduce your not-so-surplus population, then make sure to bloodline my line.  

Report Post Tip

Orithyia is correct; there is a fine line between loyalty and common sense. 

As I've gone through the past few hours following this incident, "loyalty" is a word that has popped up quite a bit during my conversations and musings with others.  While personal loyalty towards your boss is a great attribute, people have to realize that a crewleader's main responsibility should be keeping their members safe and sound.

Finnick's actions (and lack of them, previously) neither achieved nor advanced this responsibility; he put the lives of more than two dozen of the men and women he was charged to protect with at risk for the sake of pride.  Myrddin's decision to follow in his path out of a sense of personal loyalty, too, did not further the advancement or the safety of his crew.  This, all said, isn't even touching upon his decision to attempt the life of my right-hand woman - his reasons of which are still unknown to me.

Crewleaders, and by extension, their hands, are not infallible deities that can have their errors whisked away just on account of their title. Blind loyalty, in general, is great - but when it runs the risk of killing the men and women you're entrusted to protect over ridiculous reasoning, the sense of nobility and honour that loyalty usually carries with it is absolutely lost upon me.  

Report Post Tip

This, all said, isn't even touching upon his decision to attempt the life of my right-hand woman - his reasons of which are still unknown to me.

She was a WP Boss who also happened to be a RH in the city of Chicago and Myrddin had a big enough gun to theoretically hit her. Obviously didn't work out too well for him though.

Report Post Tip

Crewleaders, and by extension, their hands, are not infallible deities that can have their errors whisked away just on account of their title. Blind loyalty, in general, is great - but when it runs the risk of killing the men and women you're entrusted to protect over ridiculous reasoning, the sense of nobility and honour that loyalty usually carries with it is absolutely lost upon me.  

First of all, I would say Crewleaders and their hands are certainly not infallible Godfather - as you say. Rather, I would contest the opposite is true. The suits they were put them in the public domain; every act is scrutinised and their actions are used as the precedent, the yardstick. If anything I would say Leaders are held to more accountability than the regular Jacques Blogier (wtf?) on the streets.

Secondly, I would also argue that blind loyalty is not great - not ever. The yes men you breed when you propagate blind loyalty are often more damaging than the worst opposition. It was blind loyalty that had no one telling Caligula to get his shit together when he named his horse Consul and it was blind loyalty that had Myrddin following Finnick on a patently ridiculous course of action.

Report Post Tip

it was blind loyalty that had Myrddin following Finnick on a patently ridiculous course of action.

My loyalty was not fucking blind. My line returned from a short absence from this life of crime to join with the descendant of an old family friend. I don't say "yes, sir" every time someone tells me to do something. We worked as a team even in the end and worked with what we had. The risk to the family was minimal(as seen by the one death of someone we felt at the time needed to die and one other person gunned down unnecessarily by someone in Chicago) and if we hadn't pushed the timetable up, I'm certain I could have recruited some more pro's for both of us. 

Call me stupid for deciding to follow Finnick into the dark all you like, but, if you think for one second that my loyalty is blind loyalty, well, then...you know nothing, Cantona. 

Report Post Tip

tony angrily llistens to the back and forth and even the sometimes confusing reference the young m an makes about being someone who has been sent to sleep with fishes and decides he can't take hearing this babble anymore

The fact of the matter is as members of this thing of ours, as Mafioso we abide by our city, and our Godfathers rules first and foremost. When your family head says to you "Hey lets try and kill Chicago because I'm upset over something I brought onto myself" you should not say sure Boss lets tarnish our family names together!

I loved Myrddin as a brother, he wasn't a bad egg. However he let his pride and ill placed loyalty get the better of him. What was supposed to haopen should have happen and if rational mind would think just that Arrow deserved to make it official what was already being done in leading a family. Finnick deserved to step down due to his lack of leadership or effort even at what few times he did make his prescence appear in these streets. But anger doesn't allow you to rationalize things and that's exactly what we have before us today is the aftermath of someone's anger, I suppose two persons anger over taking rational thought by going against Godfather Lynch's wishes.

tony steps away and walks back to the crowd

Report Post Tip

We had a rogue recently ? #FAIL

Report Post Tip
Just for clarity's sake did I hear correct that a crew leader was threatening to blood line someone?

I thought those kind of actions were banned in our world
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Why more hate?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL