Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 17:37:38
Page:  1 
Who is to blame? Started by: Dalton on Jul 27, '13 15:26

Dalton had been taking care of business lately, as temporary RHM for Jack_Carter. He threw himself into his work, knowing that it would not only help his Crew and Jack's, but Philly as a whole.

The circles under his serious eyes showed a strain though, a quiet torment. He decided it was time for a rant, and headed to a well known street corner, where many a mafioso/mafiosa was known to gather, chat, socialize, fight, and otherwise interact in some way or another with their own kind.

He waited for a while, till there were enough gathered around to hear what he had to say. He lit a cigar, taking a few long draws to calm himself before speaking.

I'll be straight with you all. This is not going to be a very warm and tingly speech. Something is terribly wrong with the way things are right now. I've been looking though my bloodline's journals, and something that keeps rising too the forefront, second only to Omerta, is respect.

Respect for rank, respect for hard work, respect for honesty, respect for hard decisions being made, respect for selfless acts. Since when can a gangster get away with slandering any Made Man or higher in the Street, without taking a bullet in the head.

We also have a new wave of untrained mafioso's that are making mistakes that affect the lives of everyone around them. Some of this is absolutely their own fault, as they refuse to take the time to learn, and go off half cocked, with no concern for anyone around them. Some of the blame also has to fall on the Crew Leaders, as well as their respective hands.

We cannot just fill our HQ's with bodys, and let them fend for themselves. We have to take some initiative, and step up to the plate, assume some of this responsibility, and try to put measures in place so that our friends and family are not put in jeopardy because of innocent mistakes made by ignorant (as in do not know better) newcomers.

The work each mafioso puts in, of course, makes him, and the family on a whole stronger. We cannot expect every newcomer to know what they are doing, or even what questions they should ask. We need to come up with some contingencies, and make sure these new people are receiving every bit of info they need, because it could be your friends, that die from their simple mistake.

The ones that refuse to learn, are usless to us, and are only going to make us weaker as a whole. We need to get tough, like a mafia should be, and not stand for lazy shits who don't care about anyone but themselves.

It is our responsibility to be sure that we do everything we can to discern between the innocent mistakes, and the blatant ones.

Dalton noticed that his cigar had been just burning away the whole time he was ranting. He took a couple more pulls then crushed it under his foot, his frustration on this matter showing through.

I'm sorry for ranting like this, but I think something has to be done, and I am sure there are others out there that will agree with me. Feel free to add your own input.

Dalton waited patiently for anyone else to speak on the matter.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip

DaKine steps up to the plate, looking down at the crushed cigar on the ground he ponders of a second…

You know, to an extent I do agree with part of your speech here and that’s to assure that all new comers are getting the help they need, not only to better themselves and the families they are residing in but also so they aren’t making mistakes and possibly costing another individual his life.

I do how ever think if a new comer is spending time in our fine cities and keeping up with his crimes eventually they will look towards trying something different or in turn trying something new within there career. Now, I know some individuals you can take under you wing an preach everything you know to them, and they just don’t absorb it. Or they do and they just don’t care, it can be specifically hard to point these people out until something happens. We are all adults here and should be accountable for our actions, in all reality I cant control another persons mind and once they have decided or made up there mind to do something that is against the rules, all I can do as leader is uphold my diligence in knowing I tried to keep the fella on the right track, and then clean up what ever wrong doing he has done. Its shameful to say as you cant replace a life, just truth be told your going to get a bad apple here and there, and that’s just the nature of the beast. They have a right to partake in our world just as much as everyone else does they just prefer to live this way, which can be a bit of a pain but I cannot for see them disappearing anytime soon as much as I would love to see everything nice a peachy all the time, I just cant for see these rebels not being around at some point or another.

Just my thoughts, thanks for the speech Dalton I enjoyed commenting on it.

DaKine notices a bit of smoke still smoldering from the cigar and gives it another stomp before giving his head a nod and wondering back into the crowd…

Report Post Tip

Alcatraz nods at DaKine. He reflects the thought in his head for a bit before speaking.

Assigning able mentors to the newcomers to guide them through even the trivial things was supposed to work but frankly, very few sponsors take to the initiative of grooming their associates. It is something the uppers can stress on.

"Since when can a gangster get away with slandering any Made Man or higher in the Street, without taking a bullet in the head."

Say he's a gangster with a powerful background and a rich, well-connected bloodline. He can easily get away with something like that, provided the other person was a commoner.

He hops off the soapbox, and stuck around, waiting for someone else to speak.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Who is to blame?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL