Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 18:36:34
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
Is the game suffering from the fakeory? Started by: DanK on Jul 28, '13 10:05

So at the moment in Chicago, we have a fake family involved in a fake war with Chicago. Is this all a step too far by the admins?

First we have MIA's. Fake accounts that we can buy to gain kills.

Secondly we have RIA's. Fake inactives that we can race for to gain kills.

Previously we had NPC's. Fake family members that generated money for leaders and filled crews.

Then we have Officers. A replacement for the NPC's so we can all make money.

Then we have the Rogue. A fake rogue for people to race and kill.

Now we have the fake family. Having a fake war.

When did the game become about so much fakeory? Why is it here? Why do we need it? All I can see is two reasons:

1) Fakeory means spending money on MIAs, having to retrain BGs, on Officers, etc. spending money is good for the admins.

2) Fakeory has been introduced to reduce wars and rogues. People used to war/rogue/kill because it was the man source of fun. Now we have the fake wars, fake rogues, and plenty of fake kills, it means less people get trigger happy as their blood lust is fulfilled. This allows families to live without conflict and be around for years at a time.

For me, the fakeory has gone too far. It is killing the game. The game used to be brilliantly organic. But now, the admin interference and fakeory is making it too manipulated, losing its naturalnace. Making it shit.

Your thoughts?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

Jul 28, 11:25:01    Bacon shot at your bodyguards! They killed a single bodyguard.

So I use MY money to buy BGs. Then the admins create a system where THEY can kill MY BGs that I spent MY money on. At least Dick turpin wore a mask. Robbing cunts. The lot of them.

Report Post Tip

So you had a BG shot. Call the whambulance. Ive had 4 shot already, you dont see me or anyone elses crying about it. This "fake" family, if anything, adds some excitement to the game. Izzy has pretty much just thrown us tons of free kills and you are complaining about it?

Report Post Tip
  Cpt-Harris   Kourtney   -SpaceCowboy- The Loop, CH 10 0 Closed
  Joseph_Zerilli   Harry_Fleisher   Abe_Bernstein The Loop, CH 48 2 Open
  Kpacumup   Romain   Penquin The Loop, CH 26 14 Open
  Ziva   Midol   Prozac The Loop, CH 33 7 Closed
  Ares   Hayley   Blaise North Side, CH 33 7 Open
  Solastalgia   TokyoZombi   Ariadne North Side, CH 10 1 Closed
  bip   Weasel   Dripple Suburbs, CH 17 23 Open
  DeadlySpikeS   Ragnar_Lothbrok   General_Snip Suburbs, CH 24 16 Open
  JakeLuciano   Maple   Dipple Suburbs, CH 10 1 Closed
  Alucard   MadChild-   Lush South Side, CH 36 4 Open
  ChaosSpike   Bruiser   Menoth South Side, CH 9 2 Closed
  Visicaro   WideAwake   Jimmy_Two_Eyes South Side, CH 24 16 Open
  Anomaly   Lucia   Scott-Weiland West Side, CH 40 0 Closed
  Lynch   JessiePinkman   blink West Side, CH 11 0 Closed
  SammyGravano   -Deathstalker-   MK West Side, CH 38 2 Closed
  Townslave   Veracity   None West Side, CH 24 16  

thats why the game is suffering. too many people jammed into one city. its bad for the game, and we're only heading for a period of stagnacy much longer than what we saw under the last reign of a mega godfather.

Report Post Tip

You people are stupid and never satisfied. Scott/Squishy take a long look before he implements things into the game and ways the pros and cons that most of you do t even think about. The "fakeness" gives us fresh accounts to get the ball rolling but it still takes work to be better then some 

It keeps the money moving and gives us practice I love this "fake war" it not only helps us train and simulate a little war for the new people but gives them a chance to build the gun and something to do before they get bored and leave. Thell then look at the other parts of the game interested. 

And as far as them shooting your bgs and hq? Oh well not everthing is free lads get over it.

And Desmond your iggnorant also yes the city is quite full. But human nature someo e will get power hungry or bored and the city will implode or others will make a move just the cycle of the game. Don't like how the world is? Well stop bitching and do something about it!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
Interesting development. Is Chicago getting a new district?
Report Post Tip

Looks more like a glitchcray

Report Post Tip

Oh it's definitely not a glitch. I'm with DanK on the fact that it's getting out of hand with the amount of Non-Playing-Characters,  in my personal opinion. I liked the feature initially when it was to "celebrate" the opening of a new district. But let me assure you, The Loop is NOT a new district. Yet we were given them. Funny story, I can't even deal drugs in the loop at the moment... I appear to be an outsider! 

I don't know if everything involves around money, I like to think not. Even though MR is a business and entitled to earn money. Like any other business. I personally don't purchase credits, I used to... little amounts... but nowadays... I see no point to do so and exactly for some reasons DanK just summed up. I would invest real live money and then some NPC crew I have ABSOLUTELY no control over kills my BG's that I paid for with real money? Screw that :) 

But thats a choice everyone here has, invest real life money or don't. Nobody is forcing that up on you :) 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

The majority of statements and claims made in this thread are so ridiculous they don't even merit a reply.

I am literally dumbfounded by the attitudes displayed here.

Report Post Tip

When did the game become about so much fakeory? Why is it here? Why do we need it? All I can see is two reasons:

1) Fakeory means spending money on MIAs, having to retrain BGs, on Officers, etc. spending money is good for the admins.

Yes, spending money is good for the admins, it allows us to pay the bills to keep the game going.  You are also listing many things that the Fakeory also is costing us money.  We deliberately create RIAs so that you have targets to shoot at.  We create CA's which produce waaay more money than they cost, thus enabling you to not have to buy credits.  We spawn tylers, which gives you targets to shoot at.

2) Fakeory has been introduced to reduce wars and rogues. People used to war/rogue/kill because it was the man source of fun.

Now we have the fake wars, fake rogues, and plenty of fake kills, it means less people get trigger happy as their blood lust is fulfilled. This allows families to live without conflict and be around for years at a time.

Activity which isn't player created, does not fulfill the blood lust, in my opinion it creates it. The majority of the time when I've asked "why didn't you attack sooner, why didn't you attack first, why didn't you attack at all", the answers normally come back as "We didn't have enough kills.  We weren't strong enough. We wouldn't have won"  What Rogues/RIAs/MIAs/Tylers due, is shorten the time to where someone feels they have enough Ummph behind their gun that they can man up and use it.

Report Post Tip

And for those wondering why the event was triggered for Chicago:

Chicago is being attacked because a district they owned, knowingly and willingly went unoccupied for too long.

When a district goes unoccupied for 2 weeks, an NPC crew comes and will fight to close the city.  If they do not remove the NPC threat within 2 weeks, the district closes.  If they are able to remove the threat, the district stays open for another 2 weeks.  The district event turns on yet again, and on the 2nd wave will target the owners of the district, if they are outside of the district.  This is to prevent using the NPC Event as a way to hurt via proxy.  This method ensures that everyone is properly motivated to fill the district.

So 6 weeks went by, and a 2nd wave of NPC event crews was spawned, one to tackle Detroit, and one to tackle The Loop, who owned Corktown (According to our records). It was later debated from a RHM of The Loop, that the event should be attacking all of Chicago, not just The Loop.  Her debate was enough to change our mind, that Corktown wasn't just owned by Cpt-Harris, but all of Chicago's equally, and thus they should all have to deal with the burden of it.

Report Post Tip

Very interesting. So inter game politics were taken into consideration? I quite like that.

Report Post Tip

So I use MY money to buy BGs. Then the admins create a system where THEY can kill MY BGs that I spent MY money on.

DanK, I go out of my way to mail you and let you know that if you fly out of the city, or log off, they will not attack you.  Instead, you start attacking them and decide to stay in the fight.  If you are so against them, why are you deliberately putting yourself in harms way?

See, this is always about choice.  Chicago had the choice to auth someone in time or not.  They had an entire month of chances.  They chose not to.

You have the choice to shoot at "Fakeory" accounts.  You choose to participate.

You have the choice to be shot at by "Fakeory" accounts. You choose to participate.

Are you not getting exactly what you want, as shown by your own actions?

Report Post Tip

It was later debated from a RHM of The Loop, that the event should be attacking all of Chicago, not just The Loop.  Her debate was enough to change our mind, that Corktown wasn't just owned by Cpt-Harris, but all of Chicago's equally, and thus they should all have to deal with the burden of it.

You say this like it's a bad thing. I'll fully take responsibility for that one. In fact, I'm glad that you listened. Have a fantastic day Squishy and thank you for all of your hard work in making sure that everyone gets the punishm.. reward we deserve.

Thanks for fixing drugs and not making us outsiders in our own district too! :) 

Report Post Tip

DanK, I go out of my way to mail you and let you know that if you fly out of the city, or log off, they will not attack you.  Instead, you start attacking them and decide to stay in the fight.  If you are so against them, why are you deliberately putting yourself in harms way?

See, this is always about choice.  Chicago had the choice to auth someone in time or not.  They had an entire month of chances.  They chose not to.

The fact is, though, that the choice is sometimes an illusion. If someone rips my arse out and takes a million off me playing poker, I could 'choose' to shoot them but the fact of the matter is, I would end up dead.

There is always a choice, but sometimes is not viable. I could 'choose' to stay out of this NPC war; but if my CL has specifically instructed me to get involved then they would be perfectly entitled to kill me if I directly disobeyed what they were telling me to do.

From an IC perspective; we can't always do what we want unless we are in positions of power; just because DanK is taking part may not mean he is agreement with whatever is going; just that (from an IC perspective) he is putting the good of his city above his own personal feelings/agenda.

Report Post Tip

From an IC perspective; we can't always do what we want unless we are in positions of power

You *are* in a position of power if you are made+, that means you have the ear of the upper structure of the crew, you are on a first name basis with them and they value and trust your opinions.   You would never achieve the rank you have unless they value your input. You can choose to get ahead of problems, or you can choose to deal with clean up, you can choose to help shape the family and district, or lag behind and adjust to it shape.

Report Post Tip

what will be the situation if a whole city lays bare, with no one sufficient to take over it e.g after the next big war same targeting or just all the npcs there waiting to be ousted

Report Post Tip

The same targeting, followed by possible district or city closure depending on the situation.

Report Post Tip
I don't see how the game is "suffering" at all. We have more active players than when I came back to these shores but almost 100 users. Where is the suffering? 

From my perspective, you've said the game is suffering because you didnt like the way one event went down. You may have done, but I don't remember you complaining about the kills before we got these NPC's that shoot back. All the RIA's, MIA's, Durdens weren't a problem... so why are these? Because you're not getting something totally free? =/
Report Post Tip

I'm pretty sure some people have complained vehemently about RIAs, MIAs and Durdens since their inception. 

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Is the game suffering from the fakeory?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL