Get Timers Now!
X

May 21 - 02:19:38
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Respect Started by: YogaFlame on Jul 30, '13 21:59

While I can see that both can be viewed as at fault for the way they talked to each other. But you can't honestly view the way he approached YogaFlame as a business manner. 

You can. and I do. Poor business maybe? I'd say so. But thats his choice, I'm certain on reflection he has already said he intends to amend this approach.

1) He referred to YogaFlame as lad. He should have approached him with less of a demeaning word if he wanted to make a good impression and make a sale. You could clearly see in the mail back and forth that YogaFlame did not appreciate this approach. 

I fail to understand the demeaning concept of "lad"? As many have made a point of saying, Yoga is an associate, Izzy is a button man. this to me allows a degree of familiarity in that a Button man can approach someone of a lesser stance than he in a manner such as the above. 

2) He didn't even make an attempt to make sure his spelling and grammar were correct. How is that a way to make a good impact with a potential customer?

Again this simply shows a poor selling point. A personal fault of the businessman and would likely have an impact on their sales, but not exactly something to write home about.

3) It seemed more like a spam mail in an effort to make any sort of money he can. While I don't see wanting to making money as a bad thing. In this manner I do. Don't just message any player about a suit if they have not contacted you. Obviously they do not want a suit if they haven't contacted you asking for one.

I disagree to an extent. Why should people need to feel they can't approach mobsters for business? It could easily be role played that you were walking past their shop. I would much rather such things were kept to a Business District, sadly though it seems many don't spend much time in these areas anymore. So why should we look down on someone for attempting to make themselves a few dollars? 

No-one seems to be offended by a random stranger offering them a chance to participate in some organised crime. Just because its a feature the gods installed, does it make it any different from someone else trying to engage you in other business matters randomly? I don't feel it does.

As I said I only disagree to an extent. Had I been in the shoes of Yoga I likely would have retorted with a negative response, though a respectful one all the same.

As it happens my current suit was indeed designed by Izzy, so I guess I wasn't in a position to be approached by him for a sale.

Now on to the point that some may see YogaFlame calling Izzy a kid being just as disrespectful. But YogaFlame was just repaying the lack of respect that he was shown. While contacting people through mail or talking to them in the streets you need to keep a level of respect no matter their rank. 

Clearly Yoga was employing tit for tat here. I don't see why anyone needs to get upset about Izzy being called kid, just as there is nothing to cry about when Yoga was called Lad.

As I've said before, the whole thing is being blown out of proportion. There wasn't anything disrespectful in Izzys approach, nor was there really an issue with Yoga bringing the topic out here. But both have been made out as if they were issues, when in fact it seems the responses since then have caused more problems than the original interactions between the two.

Report Post Tip

Clearly Yoga was employing tit for tat here. I don't see why anyone needs to get upset about Izzy being called kid, just as there is nothing to cry about when Yoga was called Lad.

As I've said before, the whole thing is being blown out of proportion. There wasn't anything disrespectful in Izzys approach, nor was there really an issue with Yoga bringing the topic out here. But both have been made out as if they were issues, when in fact it seems the responses since then have caused more problems than the original interactions between the two.

I have to agree with you there Alabama this whole thing seems to have snowballed to the point that its not even about the original subject, personally i dont think this should have been brought to the streets to start with a simple conversation between the two and an apology here and there would have and should have been enough.

Report Post Tip

Hello YogaFlame; I have a question for you. Who the fuck do you think you are? Apologies for the disrespectful tone, but you are beneath me in the hierarchy of our thing and your first public appearance in this world has been to call out others when you yourself have done absolutely nothing to earn any respect.

I appreciate the fact you withheld the identity of the man involved (until he chose to reveal it himself) and your discretion is to be applauded; but ultimately you are way off base, here. The man involved has revealed himself to be a made of honour - and that fact alone changes the entire situation.

Whether _Izzy_'s practices are conducive to gaining him more business is frankly irrelevant here. The topic is disrespect, and in the mails exchanged the only disrespect I see is coming from your corner. _Izzy_ is a man of honour and he has made his bones; if he wants to speak to an uninitiated earner and refer to them as 'lad' then that's his prerogative. Whether you think soliciting business isn't a way for a made member to conduct himself is irrelevant, too. Ms. Worley has seen fit to pin a button on his chest, and that fact alone should be enough for you to bite your tongue when talking to him - even if you don't like what he's saying.

Instead, you reply with an insulting offer of a dollar, call him a 'Kid' and tell him to 'show some respect'? As an uninvolved bystander, I think it's plain to see who has shown the most disrespect here; if my associate spoke to a man of honour the way you spoke to _Izzy_ you can rest assured I'd be fitting him for a pine box.

I suggest you remove the log from your own eye before addressing the speck in your brother's.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

Nicholas has had time to go home and sleep then come out of his apartment to find the crowd still fighting about the same thing they were last night. He hears the talking becoming rather hostile from Cantona and decided to chime in. Of course after he is finished talking.

"So Yoga is over 40 days old and still an Earner! He has proven either he doesn't care about getting his button or has no desire to move up in our world. 40 days and still hasn't gotten his button and not over 15 until! I'm past you and I have been here less than 3 days. So If you want to talk about respect why don't you try and put in a little more work and do some good for you family, who has protected you all this time. Instead of trying to bash other players on the streets."

(OOC: I know that wasn't a fully role played paragraph and sorry about that guys.)

"Granted since posting this you have rather held your tongue and not "lashed out" at anyone else, when getting mad at Izzy for calling you a lad. You are a lad, you are merely a child, an associate, in this thing of ours. As am I, do get mad when someone points out the fact you haven't earned your bones! You have done nothing to receive anyone's respect in the past, and this little stunt you have pulled today against my Sponser. Has done nothing but, make you loose(Don't believe this is the right word sorry if not) the respect of some of the community."

He then steps back and notices Alabama looking at him in rather a mad face. He then approaches him.

"Sir, I am sorry for loosing my cool there. I know I should approach the streets in more of a respectful way. But, I feel as many probably do that he has crossed the invisible line of  proving a point and be up right disrespectful. I apologize for my behavior."

He then stands behind Alabama along with No and Izzy who had already arrived.

Report Post Tip

Alabama overhears one of her members comment on the age Yoga

Nicholas. I think you may need some glasses young man. Yoga is still a young lad. I've no idea why you think he's around 40?

Alabama walks away wondering if an Optician should be brought into the HQ to ensure her members can see straight.

Report Post Tip

To:
Sent: Jul 30, '13 20:49
Subject:

Im sorry, i was just wondering if you would be interested in a suit.

Feel free to wear the suit free of charge.

did not mean to harass you.

<my attempt to defuse the problem>

To:
Sent: Jul 30, '13 20:47
Subject:

One does not simply walk up to someone and refer to them as 'Lad' and attempt to force a suit sale. I am not naked. i have a perfectly good suit.

Dont let me find you harassing my tails.

Beat it Kid. Show some respect.

<yet again i failed to see the lad issue? And was further insulted by someone below me. Yet i was acting as a business man and not a mobster so I ignored your comment>

To:
Sent: Jul 30, '13 20:43
Subject:

lol sorry on the typo but im serious got a nice suit i put together fast

<my second attemt, I will reform my approach though and make approach better>

To:
Sent: Jul 30, '13 20:40
Subject:

ill pay you a buck to never ask me that question again

< Granted, my bussiness side did not want to give up i pursued, hoping you were just annoyed with my speech problem>

To:
Sent: Jul 30, '13 13:20
Subject:

Hey lad are you willing yo by a suit from me   

<Lad was not meant to be an insult, I am a made man an I usualy approach those below me in a young "lad" sence, but I also refer to many of my friends in such a way so no way intended as a insult, You calling me a kid was the insult yet one I brushed off>

Anyway, moving on, What interest does it hold to the public? Well, I'd like to think of myself as a member of the public and this was probably the most interesting conversation I have witnessed in the recent past. Allow me to elucidate, I had no idea that people were approaching fellow mobsters regarding the sale of suits. It has never happened to me nor to any member of my bloodline. Maybe it's because I am too damn sexy for my suit to matter or maybe my suit is too damn sexy, I'll never know. So, I found it quite enlightening that one does not really need to approach a 'suit-maker' anymore, just walk around with a suit that the aforementioned suit maker finds disgusting or at the very least, mildly repulsive and I would be offered his/her services. I have always needed to ask for a suit and sometimes, needed to wait quite unreasonable amounts of time for the suit. 

<<<My desire for sexy suits on everyone got the best of me and I seen a "lad" I thought would be joyed at seeing a new suit I had to offer him and its dam sexy if I most say

*izzy holds up the suit*

--->YogaFlame = Suit <---

Just because its something you have never seen before dose not make it wrong, I find people to make sales! Thats why ive earned over $3,000,000 I a very short time of my business. I will not be changing this approach, but I will be more tactful with it. Sometimes people don't see that they could use some new clothes until mentioned or have been to half arsed to try to get one so when I bring it to them, I have actually been getting GREAT feedback and clients. Also come to me McLuvin and you will not stand in an absuded line and wait, Time is money to me!

1) He referred to YogaFlame as lad. He should have approached him with less of a demeaning word if he wanted to make a good impression and make a sale. You could clearly see in the mail back and forth that YogaFlame did not appreciate this approach.

2) He didn't even make an attempt to make sure his spelling and grammar were correct. How is that a way to make a good impact with a potential customer?

3) It seemed more like a spam mail in an effort to make any sort of money he can. While I don't see wanting to making money as a bad thing. In this manner I do. Don't just message any player about a suit if they have not contacted you. Obviously they do not want a suit if they haven't contacted you asking for one.

<<1. I was not aware being called a lad fresh off the  boat would be like stabing someone in the back. I've even tried making amends in the end by offering the suit for free. Im sorry "Lad" was like a sucker punched him.

2. Its not a good way to make an impression, but he could have easy just overlooked my speech problem being as im an immigrant and english would not be my strong suit now will it? (and my english is off alot im sorry)

3. Like I mentioned earlier, sometimes people or halfarsed or don't notice. There is no unspoken rule about this, Granted Im not gonna approach a busy leader or hand and or GodFather. I fail to see this in a "spam way" I will continue to try and make money the best I can if thats an issue im sorry. I will make my business approach more respectfull to those "Above" me, and will be more Business like to everyone in general.

With that being said, YogaFlame i mean nor meant any disrespect to you. I was simply trying to earn more bones for my family. I see I will practice my english, and make my business approach better. My offer still stand on the suit to make by-gons be by-gons. With that being said I would appreciate If we drop this matter. It is not worth the time anymore points were made and I take 75% of the blame here as I started the issue. My business will thrive only better, time to go make more bones fellow!

Report Post Tip

Can I point out something that is going to get me burned? Others have already touched upon it but I'll make it a little more clear.

Izzy is a Made Man, Yoga is but just an Earner. I see no harm in him calling in a Lad, a Squire, Kid, or anything of the such. Will Yoga's crew take offense to it? Maybe, but should they? I don't think so. I think there is more harm in demanding respect and attempting to educate a Made Man on how he should be respectful to foot soldiers, then highlighting the attempted education in the streets for the world to see. 

Report Post Tip

I did not want to have to make an appearance here, and for a moment I thought everything had been handled. Miss Worley and I have already spoken on the matter and have agreed that both individual's respect was lacking, and that if either and/or both of them had just shut up and came to us about it, we wouldn't be having this discussion. 

Yoga should not have brought this out to the streets. Indeed, he omitted the names, and if the parties had been kept secret we may have had a decent discussion about the topic at hand. But Yoga should have known better than to think that _Izzy_ would not recognize his own words and come out and try to defend himself, as is his right. 

Having said that, Yoga is not a made man, and had no right to come out here and try to tell a made member how to live out his life. I would very much appreciate it if he would hold his tongue on the matter from here on out.

Report Post Tip

So a made guy walks to an outsider, calls him a "lad" and is forced to apologize? A MADE MAN to an OUTSIDER? What the fuck? It seems to me that Yoga is forgetting his place in this world. Not only that but he called Izzy, a made guy, "Kid" and told him to learn some respect. That's an insult so big that Izzy should have asked for compensation from Yoga's family.

Report Post Tip

#Nello

I was not forced to do anything, AlabamaWorley's crew backed me, and pointed out my wrongs and how not to make the mistake again. And agreed where YogaFlame was in the wrong. I can assure you no one will ever force me to do anything. I overlooked the "kid" part. The bigger issue for me was coming out here with it. But the problem has been sorted out.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Respect
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL