Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 01:03:35
Page:  1 
Drippy Showing Off His New Button Started by: Dripple on Jul 30, '13 22:27

Dripple manages to find some shelter from the rain sized golf balls, he quickly dries his face after taking a gasp for air! The rain took him by surprise but fortunately for him there was a group of people who had taken shelter in the same place 

A few familiar faces nod to Dripple as he gathers his bearings.

Dripple acknowledges the known associates but quickly appears to have a frown on his face. He cannot contain his thoughts and quickly walks over to speak to them.

"Gentlemen"  

What has the world come to!? I tried to make a public speech to help my family become more known to the public! I was refused free entry to the microphone booth! There was a security guard requesting me to pay a fee!

The men stood in disbelief!

​Dripple shows them the receipt "You have bought Forum VIP Status for 2.50 credits."

Now now men, I've gotta do something for the Suburbs! People are laughing at us, we are bottom of the Streets VIP Rankings!

We lack a certain amount of street presence, I don't mind telling you guys but don't go shouting it out to everyone please.

Dripple opens up a piece of paper with few questions on it about VIP status and begins to read hoping the men will be able to give him an opinion.

Do you believe its fair to judge a city/district purely on the VIP Rankings? Is it only cosmetic? 

I believe only a small amount of people, who are going to make street announcements feel the need to buy VIP Status. Many people enjoy a small chit chat in the districts but don't deem it necessary to buy VIP Status even though it goes towards the City rankings.

Dripple remembers an old Irish friend who is still laid in a coma, he would say YES! Being top of a leader board, gives you a bigger stature than the rest. It shows everyone you are active and trying to help the community prosper, thankfully for us he isn't awake, so we don't have to try understand the crap what he spiels, we just have Cantona now. 

Having the highest VIP Ranking gives you the benefit of Durden knowledge but is that enough to actually warrant the buying of VIP Status? Is that going to sway someone to part with their hard earned money? I don't know? Should the people who don't post without VIP Status not get the same recognition? 

Dripple looks at the fancy new button he got. The button lets everyone know he can now talk at the microphone and his words have meaning. His button cost him a little cold hard cash but he hopes it will all be worthwhile very soon. Dripple had placed his button on the top right corner of his perfectly ironed shirt so he is reminded of the work he has to do in the days and weeks ahead.

People can now identify who is posting the most and from what district, should a lack of street presence through the VIP ranking reflect badly on the Crew Leaders in charge or not? It only takes one member to be very active and they can be top of the rankings, does that mean the district is very active? Or just lucky they have an active street member?

As the men finish listening, Dripple folds the paper and places it back into his pocket and awaits their opinions.

Report Post Tip

From the middle of the crowd, Santo Palsini slowly stands and attempts to start a slow building applause...

Clap*

Clap*

Clap*

Report Post Tip

Maple waits for Drippy to finish his speech and listens intently. She figures she should get herself one of those shiny new buttons. She pulls Dripple aside 

Drippy nice butt.....on. I was hoping you could help me with my own butt....on, I think I need this VIP status thing too. Let's go get me one.

The two head off to get Maple a button like Dripple's and once that mission is complete they head back to the others.

Well my dear now that I am decked out like you I guess I can answer some of your questions, at least from my point of view. Street presence of course is important. It is how the majority of people get to know us: our thoughts, opinions and how we conduct ourselves. I do find it unfortunate that we have to pay on a regular basis to ensure we are recognized for these efforts however. I think the overall rankings are more to work towards than the information reward and it is because of  those that I paid for this button like yours. I think a greater number of people should be encouraged to join in discussions out here however I do also understand why some are not comfortable doing so. 

Maple stops and thinks a minute longer. She is not sure if she has answered what Dripple was asking but she figures her opinions will still be important to him.

Thanks for getting me my button. I hope to put it to good use.

Report Post Tip

Skips around all pretty and stuff

Well now that we all look hot with our buttons and we can like go out on the street at night on a Friday and all the people will be like ... look at that button... damn that's a button... I wanna touch that thing... like woah...

Anyway, they'll all be jealous like and we'll be like looking at them all and be like, "You can't touch this button, it's mine." Then we'll shake this button around on the dancefloor and be like... mmhmm. And by the end of the night we'll get wasted, and someone'll slip something in our drink, and then our button will hurt the next day, but it's okay because we knew what we were getting into when we purchased said button.

Rambles

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Drippy Showing Off His New Button
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL