Get Timers Now!
X

May 06 - 12:40:09
Page:  1 
Frank. Started by: Nicholas_Hearon on Jul 31, '13 05:00

I was too lazy to post this in the streets. But, i was just wondering if anybody else was terribly bother by Frank_Sinatra being gunned down, and not a single post being put in the streets?? It may be just me but, I find this very disrespectful and not right to be done by anyone.

I just feel if it was done by another CL it is customs and tradition to post in the streets about your reasons, while if it was a rouge I would figure they be dead by now.

Just wondering what anybody else though about this...

Report Post Tip

I just feel if it was done by another CL it is customs and tradition to post in the streets about your reasons, while if it was a rouge I would figure they be dead by now.

No leader has to give a reason to the public for their actions. This has never been the case, leaders may give reasons for the removal of Cities/Leaders but don't think this is because they must, its because they choose to.

The reasons for the removal of Frank_Sinatra are wildly speculated as a result of the lack of clarification, i'll agree, but this doesn't mean that the shooter must inform the public of their reasons. The only people that should expect some notification are his fellow Philly leaders.

Report Post Tip

Ok thanks you fro clearing that up for me. I was really confused by this.

Report Post Tip
Shame to see a don with godfather points die without a word from anyone but hey nothing any of us peasents can do about it.
Report Post Tip

Alabama you are correct. However, Let me note that even the members of Don Sinatra's own family have not yet been told what on gods green earth happened.

Report Post Tip

Have any of them asked? I'm looking about the streets, which admittedly is probably not the best place if you are looking for some answers from Cpt-Harris, and I see no requests, pleas for information or much of anything at all really.

That suggests to me that nobody really cares all that much.

Report Post Tip

Giles, not disrespect intended. But, I don't think it is a matter of them not caring rather than them knowing secretly or not knowing how to approach the streets or who to ask. I have since found out what little info there is to find out about the situation. As much as a peasant can know,

Report Post Tip

It seems very much to be a matter of how much people care. If you care, you make the effort to find out and usually the best way to do that is to put something together in the Streets as that is very hard to ignore. Even a recluse like Cpt-Harris might very well see it. The fact that you were admittedly too lazy to do that seems like a reflection of your commitment to the cause. If you were truly concerned with finding out, how hard is it to put a worthwhile thread together? Not very. 

Report Post Tip

Coming from an expert in lazy, that can't be ignored.

Though tbf, Nicholas' commitment isn't really important, as he isn't impacted by the events and presumably is just trying to satisfy his own curiosity. I would frown on him attempting to call out a Godfather to explain himself to someone that doesn't have any right to request an explanation.

So really an OOC thread on the matter was more than enough for him to receive the details he needed, as you can see from his last comments the thread has achevied the objection of giving him as much answers as he will ever get on the matter.

Report Post Tip

One does not simply go on the streets and ask an explanation from a Godfather.

Report Post Tip

In your case Mickey, one does not simply go to the streets and speak at all.

The fact is, anyone can get explanations about anything if they ask in the right manner. If you charge there and go "WHAT HAPPENED TO FRANK" then I would agree, you would likely be told to do one. If however, you approached the topic respectfully and intelligently, I would be surprised if someone wasn't forthcoming with some information. If you could do it in an entertaining or interesting way, they you would almost certainly get somewhere.

Report Post Tip

VICTORY FOR GILES

Reply by: Giles_Reynolds at Jul 11, '13 20:53

Giles, I would hardly run your mouth about people. I am not going to go out of my way to run down somebody like you.

Report Post Tip

Two things here concern me. One, Mickey Cohen was a former hand of Frank Sinatra and seems to not want an explanation from a Godfather from Chicago. This is either because he doesn't care about what happened but just knows what's done is done or he already knows but has failed to inform the previous members of Team Rogue. 

The second is that Giles is taking refuge in my current family and believes there are none that care. I care Giles, but I'm a man of principle. I know we're OOC, but I feel like if those in power (Chicago or elsewhere - to include current Philadelphia leadership) wanted to come out and explain the events, they would. Does anyone HAVE to? Of course not. SHOULD they? Depends on who you ask.

But for the interest of those not in the social loop or in coffee shop social clubs, we'd definitely like to know what in the flying fuck happened. It's a bit of an insult to see someone gunned down and not so much as a peep from anyone - no former hands of Frank, nobody from Chicago, nobody from Philadelphia...zilch from those in leadership positions. The only reason I play this game is for back alley drama, because clickey clickey isn't fun. What's also not fun is watching people die and not getting the juicy details about it. 

Drama people. I need more drama. 

Report Post Tip

Rufio,

It was not Mickey's job to tell people what happened. He knew what happened and as told by his dead CL, Frank_Sinatra, he took the reason to his grave. He followed orders to not tell anyone what he knew and that my friend is the way of this world.

Report Post Tip

Fair enough. But dead men can't talk, so he ordered you to not speak of his pending doom but didn't get a shot off first? Or did his ghost inform you not to speak, in which case Mikey's ghost also has the abil...wait a second, why am I talking to a gravestone. 

RIP :( 

In all reality, it must not be all that great of a tale if no one wishes to share with the know-nots. How bland. Back to Candy Crush 

:| 

Report Post Tip

at this point the reason for Franks death is irrelevent. the fact that he didnt order anyone to shoot first knowing that he was going to die just tells me that he had the best interest of his family and city at heart. everyone knows that most of the cannons and howitzers belong to CHI and without help, i doubt PHI or anyone else for that matter could win. 

with that being said Frank_Sinatra has earned my respect. That is a mark of a true leader.

Report Post Tip

Not sure what you meant there Tony. Frank didn't know he was going to die?

Report Post Tip

according to what i read above i got the impression that he knew he was going to die. if that isnt the case then i am mistaken, but on the other hand, he was the only one to die. normally when you take out the GF of a city you sink the entire city. but yet everyone else was spared. i find it really hard to believe that he didnt  have a hand in that. whatever he said to Harris before he died worked because everyone else is safe. which goes to show that he in fact did have the best interest of his family and district at heart. thats just an opinion. i dont know the circumstances of his death and it is not my business, but im sure he said something that spared everyone else. 

Report Post Tip
Since this is ooc I feel I should shine a little light on events.

For those with a long memory the one the only Mikado woke from his long slumber and popped a cap in the ass of frank in his great way.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: Frank.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL