Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 01:24:57
Page:  1 2 [ > - >>> ]
The Old Diner Started by: AlanShuzbeke on Aug 05, '13 19:30

Alan wanders in, looking around. The diner is, like usual, quiet. He sits at his booth, not knowing whether he was waiting for someone or not. He sighs, ordering a coffee. He sits back, remembering the first day he got off the boat, only having a dollar to his name. He smiles, remembering that first cup of coffee, the beautiful taste of freedom. He smiles and closes his eyes, taking it as it goes.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

Sitting in her usual booth, drinking her usual coffee, reading her usual paper (The most recent Bloody Tissue for the 420th time.), and notices a young man enter.

Well isn't he.. usual. She says to herself and goes back to reading her usual paper.

A little while later she notices the gentleman get up to leave and considers introducing herself, but chooses not to because re-reading Cantona's publication was more interesting.. But for some reason she considered it. Which in itself was unusual. 

Report Post Tip

Alan wanders out, seeing the person he's waiting for isn't coming. He is in the street when he realises he left his wallet. He runs back up the steps and opens the door, going over to his booth and picking up his wallet. He notices a woman and smiles at her, trying to be polite. He pauses and sits down, thinking.

Report Post Tip

She looks up as she hears a heavy sigh and smiles into her paper. Getting up she tucks the paper under her arm and chugs the last of her coffee. She approaches the gentleman who is busy staring at his wallet intently.

Sir, it looks like you're a little down on your luck. Let me help you.

She slides a bit of cash Alan's way and turns to leave.

Don't let people being quiet get you down. We're all a little guilty of becoming boring automatons it seems. Thank you for making that obvious today.. Good luck in this thing of ours. You'll do well.

She places her copy of The Bloody Tissue on the table for the young man to enjoy before re-entering the street's hustle and bustle.

Report Post Tip

Gabe walks into the old diner quietly with his small entourage of body guards and makes his way to a empty booth and spots AlanShuzbeke  sitting all by his lonesome and calls Alan over to join Gabriel and his entourage for lunch on him speaking in a thick Sicilian accent.

Hey Alan why are you sittin all alone why dont you come sit with me we have plenty of room and us Philly guys have got to stick togther."

Report Post Tip

Alan watches the woman leave, then turns to the voice. He smiles.

"From Sicily too, huh?"

He asks, going over to the man. He smiles, believing himself part of a group now. He shakes his head, chuckling at his own foolishness. He had never been part of a group, but he was now. Or at least, he hoped.

Report Post Tip

Gabriel smiles nodding knowing his accent gave it away as he stands and gives Alan a quick embrace and kiss upon the cheek as tradition calls for those apart of this thing of Ours and takes his seat ordering his body guards to go take a walk around the park to make more room and calls over a waitress.

"So how are you Alan are you new around here as well?"

Report Post Tip

Alan smiles at the fellow Sicilian, then stops, remembering why he had left Sicily. He quickly resumes his good humour, however, before replying.

"Could say that, I suppose..."

Report Post Tip

Gabriel sits comfortably as a waitress come s to take there order and thinks about Alan's comment and replies.

"Do you or did you have ancestors or relatives that did work around here?"

Report Post Tip

Alan shakes his head. He sighed, no-one ever understood what he meant.

"I've lived here a while, though I'm fairly new to our... way of life..."

He says, hoping this made things a bit clearer.

Report Post Tip

Dani enters the diner her eyes scanning the patrons she chooses a booth away from everyone else so she can watch the people while having some solitude to become accustomed to her new world.  Ordering tea and a slice of pie Dani sits back and reflects on her life and how she got here

Report Post Tip

Alan sees the woman enter and smiles. He had never seen so many people in the diner, let alone having people talk to him in here. He thinks a moment and excuses himself from the table, before making his way over to the woman to introduce himself.

"Hi... I'm Alan. Never seen you in here before.."

Report Post Tip

Sadie was still under ordered bed-rest after her car accident, but had finally convinced the bodyguard Bianca had posted on her door to take her to a nearby diner, as she had promised to be very careful. She entered favoring her left leg, being helped along to a seat by the the young man who had brought her. Wearing a thin sundress and sandals, she looked a bit out of place, but she really wanted some comfort food after her ordeal.

She flashed a smile towards Alan as she was seated, since she recognized him from Headquarters. She hoped he would tell no one about her little excursion here, as she didn't want to worry anyone. She looked over the menu and decided on a bagel with cream cheese and bacon bits, and an herbal tea. While she waited for the order, she lit herself a cigarette, the first one since the accident, and sat back enjoying it.

Report Post Tip

Alan winks as he passes Sadie, recognising her. He smiles, a tune running through his head. He begins humming and makes his way over to the girl, finally willing himself to speak.

Report Post Tip

Sadie smiled up at Alan as he approached the table.

Alan! How are you? I knew that was you that I saw when I came in.

She continued to smile warmly, taking lady-like puffs from her cigarette and blowing the smoke in the opposite direction away from them.

Report Post Tip

Alan smiles and sits down.

"I'm ok... Just got out of hospital... Nasty night... You?"

He asks, sincerely, trying not to let the pain from his recent bullet wound show.

Report Post Tip

I heard..I heard. I hope you are okay. I was in a car accident myself, hence the limp.

Sadie motioned down towards her left leg, which still had a bit of bruising where it had been crushed against the dashboard of the car. Just then her order arrived.

I hate to eat and run, but Bianca has me on bedrest, and doesn't know I am here right now.

She started to eat her bagel, attempting to eat as ladylike as possible, although she probably could have eaten like a ravenous wolf if not in present company.

Report Post Tip

Alan nods, understanding.

"Of course. Don't worry, my lips are sealed..."

He winks and smiles.

Report Post Tip

Sadie finished her bagel and tea as quickly as she could without looking like a total glutton, then let Alan help her to her feet, and using her good foot, stood on her tippy-toe and placed a kiss on his cheek. She then let Bianca's bodyguard take her home safely, a look of relief flooding his face as he knew he would catch miles of shit if something was to happen to her on his watch.

She flashed Alan one more sweet smile on her way out the door.

Report Post Tip

Alan smiles and shakes his head as she wanders out. After she leaves, he sits down again, sighing. He smiled again, then chuckled. Another day, another associate, though he wasn't sure associate was the right word. Friend? He barely had friends after that night, so long ago. "Yes, friend" He thought, smiling. He abruptly stopped as he suddenly remembered the threat, nay the promise given to him. 'One shall fall' was the words he had used. Alan, for the first time since the night his parents were butchered, hoped to God it wouldn't be him.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Old Diner
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL