Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 19:16:54
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
WHY is it so important? Started by: Orithyia on Aug 07, '13 10:23

Cray lights a cigar and joins the conversation.

This is an interesting topic that hits close to home. Orithyia, I'm curious about something. Does your boss, Godfather Subtle know who your relatives and ancestors were? If so when did you tell him?

Report Post Tip

Howi look at it, i don't particularly care who your bloodline is, unless it affects the family i belong to.  Why? simply is nothing important as we allegedly judge people as sin free as they climb the ladder.

What i say though is if people want to be incognito of their bloodlines, best not to lay bait for others to come looking like i know you messages like i send dizruptor when stalking him.  Also choose the level of incog as i always like some people i trust around me. who are happy to serve with my blood line.

Report Post Tip

Sighing, Alucard steps into the streets. Listening closely to the words this incognito person was spouting. He raises an eye brow he steps forward.

"First of all thank you Orithyia for bringing this topic up. The answer is quite obvious for myself, in light of recent events. As a crew leader it's my job to protect my crew. As such, taking in a person with a known history of causing problems over and over, or a laundry list of ancestors who have gone rogue against his crew leader, is something I will not do unless I am unaware of their bloodline. So yes, to me this is very important.

How important it is for someone to know the identity of an person hiding their bloodline is not always the same, but might I add no one has the right to know if they choose to keep it secret.

Some people have more of a reason to want or need to know. Is it important to know the bloodline of someone in another city? Someone in another crew? Someone in your crew? A crew leader? A hand? Perhaps a hand in your city has a bloodline history of going rogue. Wouldn't any leader of that city want to know? If you were a crew leader of that very city, would you not want to know? Sure people can change, we've seen it many times. Some people however, never change."

Report Post Tip

Mr. Cray, sir, she did not have to inform me, I knew the moment she was born.  Smiles  Something I have mentioned to her bloodline before, it doesn't have a flair for staying in the shadows. Too vocal. Smiles again It's where we differ but something I have always admired about her.

As for me personally, I have received many communications inquiring about her past ancestors. And for the record, I have not once ever been the person initiating the subject on any level. However, I am not bothered by it either, I simply refer people to Orithyia and request they ask her repeatedly. Winks at Orithyia

Since I am here I will also comment on the matter at hand. I am conflicted because I hear many people speak of how fresh born have a clean slate yet I have had the question asked to many of my bloodline(and asked it). "Who was your father/mother?" Now my bloodline, until recently, wasn't in the habit of naming their next born junior or the such. Recently, with the exception of now, my bloodline would alternate between two name just to save trouble of having to have a family tree discussion. Not that I mind, I am just a slacker and the less effort I had to put it, the better.

However, I do enjoy not having any ties to my father's name, that is something that always has appealed to me. I enjoy working hard and earning my stripes. It's the only way to truly know if I am actually earning what I get or if I am being handed things based on my father's name. Whether that be a promotion or a bullet. I just happen to be much more subtle then Orithyia.

Report Post Tip

Dalton had been listening intently to the conversation, and finally decided to step forward.

My view of this is simple. You have just as much right to be mysterious, as everyone else has to be curious. You say that you are annoyed by the sheer number of mobmails you are receiving on the subject, but it seems you also flirt with the mystery, and dare people to find out.

I for one have not asked you, and will not ask you who you are. Not to slight your character in the least, but I do not care one way or another. I would like to get to know you, for you. Not for who your parents might have been, and sometimes it is better that way.

I guess the main thing I am trying to say, is you cannot have your cake and eat it too. You cannot attempt to stay incognito, but expect everyone to not try to figure out who your parents were. If they are the extreme case, and continue asking to the point of harassment, then simply ignore them.

But hey, everyone likes to have a rant in the Street once in a while. I cannot fault you for that. I just hope this doesn't have the exact opposite effect you were looking for, making more people want to know who your parents were. Whatever happens, I wish you well.

Dalton lit a cigar, and slipped back into the shadows, with only the heater showing bright orange in the darkness.

Report Post Tip

Thank you for answering my question, Godfather. I wondered if Orithyia was one of the rare few who hasn't been asked by a boss about their bloodline.

It's plainly obvious in this thing of ours bloodlines matter. A few people have already given reasons why it's important, they want to know who they're working with and want to know if a youngster is from a trouble making bloodline. Although those sound like good reasons it shows a young mobster isn't judged for who he is and isn't given a chance for a fresh start. On the flip side some youngsters are given the keys to kingdom because of their bloodline. I have no doubt a few of mine did. It's just the way it is.

In your case Orithyia I think people may be curious about your bloodline because you are a leader. A lot of us have been around a long time and wonder if our bloodlines old friends are still around or maybe you look familiar to someone. Maybe their grandparents bonded with yours over a bottle of hooch. Who knows. As for the person who called you a liar a simple remedy is to remind him you are a Don and organized crime boss and it's not acceptable to talk to you like that.

Report Post Tip

Anomaly listens carefully to everyones opinions and decides its time to toss in his two cents.

I understand people wanting to know who you are, from what I can tell you flirt with the subject saying all will come to light one day and it never has been brought out.

If you wish to stay unknown that is perfectly fine, everyone has the right to incog, one of the main reasons people would want to know who you are is for the simple fact that you took over a godfather family. That is a big honor, and no ordinary Joe Smuck can get that honor. 

So I'm sure you have been around this place of ours long enough for you to have friends in other places.

People are just curious If they know you or if they have crossed your path. I am sure noone meant to disrespect you or upset you by wanting to know you are. You should be flattered I would say. (I feel like I would anyway, even though I have never been incog) 

Coming to the streets also makes people naturally curious, because you are openly admitting to being incog most people might even overlook you and not think twice about who you were until now!

I completely understand where you are coming from, I am just sharing my thoughts behind everything. 

Anomaly takes a step back to give others the floor. 

Report Post Tip

Once again I get to stand by my opinion that the knowledge of ones bloodline is the cause of our world being stagnant most the time and ass fucking backwards all the time. 99% of the time people NEED to know your parents/relatives so they can judge you and treat you differently based off of them. Nobody should ever be handed a fucking thing that they did not earn (whether it's an image or anything else), breathing isn't a right of passage.

Short and sweet, you're not dealing with their mother, father or any other relative of theirs when doing business with them. Who their relatives were should not effect who they are.

You know what they tell, they're not obliged to hand out any information they do not want too.

Report Post Tip
It is a small world...where money power and your reputation mean everything. Just how it is.. personally I could careless who you are or were. I only care about my boss and family.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: WHY is it so important?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL