Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 01:33:28
Page:  1 
Roadhouse. Started by: Gohan on Aug 09, '13 01:52

Gohan was sitting in his office, sipping on a glass of scotch and puffing on his last cigarette. It had been a relatively pleasant day, he was able to sleep in for once. He had just finished a telephone call with Dalton, he had asked his dear friend to meet him downtown for a little announcement on the streets.

Rising from his chair, Gohan snuffed out the cigarette and walked out of his office, and made his way out of the HQ. He wanted to walk there, he was getting sick of riding in the back of a car, and due to some "troubles" he couldn't get a license to drive. It was a balmy night in Philly, about seventy degrees outside and the breeze was slow and steady. 

About halfway there, Gohan stepped into a corner store and bought a pack of cigarettes. The clerk was a young girl, probably was her first job ever. He decided not to take all of her money at gunpoint, he had bigger fish to fry tonight.

He finally reached the famed street corner where mafia bosses made their announcements, and found Dalton was already waiting for him there. After a few moments of chatting, a crowd began to form around them, expecting something. Insanity and Timon also stood behind Gohan, awaiting him to speak.

Ladies and Gents, I would like to make an announcement. For those of you that do not know, this man is Dalton. He is one of the most dedicated men I have ever met, not to mention a ridiculous worker. It has been said not too long ago that hard work can't get you anywhere, that only people with bloodlines of CL experience can get to CL again. Well to those people, I give you this man. His dedication to our thing is unprecedented, and he has done everything in his ability to help my district and Philly. It brings me great honor to introduce him as the underboss of South Philly.

Gohan embraced Dalton tightly.

It pains me to see you go man, I'm going to miss you being in this HQ. But I know you will be amazing and make me very proud. I am sure you, Severe, and Cristo will be an excellent addition to South Philly.

He turned to Timon and smiled.

Old friend, I'm so glad you, also, are here to take his place at my right side. It's gonna be fun. 

After that, Gohan took out his fresh pack of cigarettes, lit one up for himself, then handed one to Dalton.

To the future of South Philly, my friend. 

Report Post Tip

Menoth was finishing up a business deal when he heard Gohan make his announcement.

Holding up his hand for silence to the people talking to him, he listened to what he had to say before gesturing for the people to wait and making his way into the crowd.

I would like to congratulate you Dalton. I am sure you will be a good addition to South Philly and wish you the best of luck in your endeavors.

Tipping his hat, Menoth makes his way back through the crowd to finish his business dealings.

Report Post Tip

Insanity smiles and lights a cigar. 

Well Dalton, it is definitely good to see you get this position. You've worked for this city harder than anybody I've ever seen. I'm glad to see you become a bigger part of Philly. Can't wait to see your family grow and succeed alongside the rest of us. 

Congratulations and of course if you ever need anything you know I'm here to help. I know you'll do this city proud and you'll keep working just as hard as you did for the Z Fighters and The Cockney Elite. 

Report Post Tip

Dalton had been dreaming of an opportunity like this for a while, and had worked balls to the wall towards it. He had met many people here that he had grown fond of, and would miss them in a way, even though they would still be family.

Dalton accepted the cigarette and lit it, and after embracing Gohan, turned to address the crowd.

I can barely express what I feel right now. I am honored, blessed, and humbled with this great responsibility. I will do my part to help with the building and expansion of Philly. I will let my actions speak for themselves. I hope to get a chance to prove myself (knock on wood).

To Philly! To my home! To an awesome family that I am proud to be part of.

Get ready for The Roadhouse Coolers!

With that he placed a hand on Severe and Cristo's shoulders, and headed off towards his new HQ.

Report Post Tip

Dalton,

Our bloodline goes way back from the old Chicago days. You were a hard worker then and willing to do whatever was needed to help out and it appears that has not changed. I cannot think of anybody else more deserving of this opportunity then you and it is my pleasure to work side by side with you to help you build an amazing crew and be a center piece to our city.

Congratulations my Brother

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Dalton you have worked your ass off well deserved

Constantine hands dalton a bottle of whiskey before walking off

Report Post Tip

Armor was out of  state on business trip with a dealer, when he got word of something amazing happeneing back home. So he sets forth back home and gets on next flight back to Philadelphia.

Departs & arrives hours later...

As he gets off the plane he notices billboards advertising a new HQ so he tells his drive to take him there, shortly he arrives and notices Dalton and Severe outside the door greeting all guest, he walks up and shake each of there hands saying;

'Congratulations on this huge opportunity, it is great news of this in Philadelphia, but i wont hold up the line, you have many to greet.'

Walks in to the new HQ and home of Roadhouse Coolers, and before he could fully step past the door, he notices the glamorized wa lls and fixtures, beautiful it is, and nothing short of Philly material.

Report Post Tip

Congrats Dalton! I hope you do little Gohan proud!

I'm glad to watch your district grow, and I hope it gets up to SS4. 

Report Post Tip

"....House..."

Roundhouses Gohan in the face

"Roadhouse."

Report Post Tip

Jack arrived at the gathering dressed exceptionally smart. It was a big day in South Philly, another one of his colleagues, hell even 'friend' was moving on to pastures new. With a busty wench on each arm, he walked over to Dalton.

Dalton, the time has now come for you to spread your wings. You served under me as a RHM when I needed you and were exceptional. I wish you all the best and am excited for the future for us all in Philly.

Jack raised a smirk and held his fist up to Dalton, to which Dalton graciously replied with a fist bump. It was their sign of affection. It was their 'thing' No one could take that away from them. NO ONE.

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Dalton, friend. The limited time I served with you was a pleasure.

Yoga extends a respectful hand wishing to congratulate Dalton. There is excitement in the air, those present can sense it. The future of our city is is good hands...

Report Post Tip

Anokata had been walking the streets with his hands in his pockets while pondering over whether or not he should acquire himself a hat, of course it would be a fedora if any, but he has yet to decide on the matter when he saw a crowd gather up ahead and decided to push the thoughts away for later as he neared the back of the crowd. He leaned up against a building and l listened to Gohan's announcement  from the shadows.

He couldn't help but smile on Dalton's behalf as he took the spotlight. The man certainly deserved it, both hardworking and earnest, he thought for himself. He hadn't known the man for that long, but couldn't help but feel a sense of commitment to the guy; it was after all the man who had extended a hand and given him an opportunity when he first arrived on the east coast.

As Dalton's words faded and he turned to walk away with his two wingmen, Severe and Christo, at either side. Anokata made a mental note to pay the man a visit one of the following days with a congratulation gift.

It appeared like he had gotten himself another thing to consider to buy today, he turned on his heel and stopped up as his gaze caught a shop window up a ahead, 'Hatta's Hat Shop', the sign said. "Hmm, it's decided then." He smiled coyly for himself as he had made the decision and entered the shop.

(Congrats Dalton! ^_^')

Report Post Tip

Man after getting to know you this last little while I have learned a lot from you and got to watch you pretty much just race your way to the top at an insane speed. I'm so proud of you and can not wait to see what you do congrats my friend!

Report Post Tip

When Leeyo arrived in Philadelphia International Airport he heard people talking about a new family called The Roadhouse Coolers have been establish in South Philly. He then walks in the streets and heard some people whispering that there's a new Don in South Philly.

It seems like yesterday u were just in The Z Fighters chatting and helping me and now u already got your own family. 

Congrats Dalton :)

Report Post Tip

Congratulations Dalton. 

Im sure you will be a great addition!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Roadhouse.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL