Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 01:10:39
Page:  1 
So You Want to Make it to the Big Leagues? Started by: Toberius on Aug 21, '13 07:53

As you step off the gangplank and onto the dock you find yourself filled with a certain air of relief. It’s been such a long trip, and solid ground means you've completed the long journey across the ocean. You let out a slow sigh and take your first few steps into your new country. A youth of just eighteen your parents scraped and saved enough for your passage. It’s for the best they told you; you'll have more opportunity than ever in America. You can be anything they told you. Anything I want? But what if I still don't know what I want? Pushing the negative thoughts towards the back of your mind you keep moving forward pushing your way through the crowds of immigrants, sailors, and dockworkers.

First thing's first, I need to find a place to stay and get some food. You stick your hand into your pocket and feel the five crumpled bills. Five hundred dollars won't take me very far I'll need to find a job soon if I want to keep eating. After a short walk into town you enter a small corner diner. A few booths lined the front window, and a counter sat opposite facing the interior of the diner. You quickly take a seat at the counter and place your tattered bag on the floor next to you. A young woman with a smile on her face appears on the other side of the counter and asks what you're having.

"Black coffee and a burger." You shyly smile back at the young woman as she turns back towards the kitchen and hands the cook your ticket. She places a coffee mug in front of you and fills it to the brim. As you take a sip of your coffee the door of the diner opens. A man in a very nice suit walks in and quickly surveys the diner. The man takes a seat at the counter next to you and orders a coffee and a slice of blueberry pie. You notice the man look at you then down at your bag before turning his gaze back to you.

“I take it you’re new in town huh? We don’t see many people dressed like that around here. Not for very long at least.” The man chuckles slightly to himself.

“Ye- Yes sir. This is my first day in the country even.” Unsure about what to say your voice wavers slightly. Almost on queue the young lady comes back with your burger and sets it down in front of you. You quickly thank her and take a large bite to avoid speaking more with the man sitting next to you. The young woman places the man’s pie in front of him and he shows a large toothy smile.

“You know kid. This place has the best pie this side of state.” You give a slight nod acknowledging the man’s conversation. “I was just like you once, sitting in this same diner all those years ago. Don’t worry kid. You’ll make your break just like I did. I can see it in your face.” The man turned back to his coffee and pie and remained silent for the remainder of his meal.

As you finish your burger the young woman leaves the check on the counter in front of you. As you begin to reach into your pocket to pay the door of the diner bursts open as two men in long overcoats dash into the diner with guns drawn. The two hoodlums begin shouting at the customers to get on the ground. One of the men grabs you from behind and forcefully throws you onto the ground before jumping over the counter and pointing the gun at the young woman.

“Open the fuckin’ register or you won’t be makin’ it home tonight!” As the man continued to threaten the young woman behind the counter you notice the well dressed man eyeing up the hoodlum’s friend pacing up and down the diner a few feet from them. With a few quick glances the man focuses his gaze back on you. Unsure of the man’s intentions you quickly shake your head and mouth the word “No.” Being your first day in the country you were quite sure you weren’t looking to get involved in any unnecessary trouble. The man gave you another toothy grin and flashed his eyes towards the hoodlum who was now passing by once again.

As the hoodlum approached your heart begins beating faster and faster as you feel the adrenaline pumping throughout your entire body. You don’t want to get hurt because the guy next to you thinks he’s a hero. As the moment approaches it feels as if time has slowed down; the only constant is the pounding heart inside your chest telling you something terrible is going to happen. The moment was coming closer and closer. The sounds of the hoodlum’s shoes were pounding inside your head as he came closer and closer. This was it, if something was going to happen it would happen now.

As you lay motionless, scared stiff on the floor the man beside you quickly extends his leg shattering the hoodlum’s shin dropping him to the ground in agony. You hear a commotion from the other side of the counter but still terrified you don’t move. The man beside you is now on his feet, he kicks the hoodlum lying beside you in the face before a single gunshot echoes throughout the diner. You flinch at the sound, and shut your eyes tight.

“I guess I was wrong about you, kid. Maybe you don’t have what it takes to make it around here.” You recognize the voice as the well dressed man. Looking up you see he has taken his old seat at the counter, and was now looking down at you.

“You can get up kid. The bad men aren't going to hurt you.” He bursts into a fit of laughter and slams a hand down on the counter obviously amused by his own joke. “You didn't do shit, except maybe piss yourself.” As you get back on your feet you notice the young girl behind the counter still holding a smoking .38 revolver. She had bits of blood splatter on her face still. “I coulda been in some serious trouble if she hadn't been ready to make a move on her own. At least one of you has a set of balls.” He reveals that toothy grin once again.

“Well kid, it’s time for us to get outta here. Me and this young lady here have some business to discuss. She’ll be living the good life soon.” You stare stunned at the two as they head towards the front door of the diner. “There are two types of people in this world kid, those who act and those who don’t. Only the first kind make it around here, if you wanna survive you need to be ready to act.”

Report Post Tips: 4 / Total: $140,000 Tip

Tony is walking down the road when he see's the diner that Toberius was speaking of. He approaches Toberius and lights him a cigar.

"Cheers mate. Now lets go into the diner and get some food. Im starving, food is on me."

Report Post Tip

You might want to pick a new place to eat. Seeing how there is no longer a waitress and a dead body on the floor. I'm not sure that's a proper eating environment. Wouldn't you say?

Report Post Tip

Well,fuck. Poor Tony, I am sure he was looking forward to some good food.

Report Post Tip

I mean, you might be able to get some pie still. I hope you like a nice helping of cherry sauce on it. 

Report Post Tip

Nah, I'm good. Just feel sosad for Tony,yaknow? 

Report Post Tip

I always thought that waitress looked dangerous. You know what they say in Sicily about women and guns.

Report Post Tip

indeed Toberius we should find a new spot to eat. i was half asleep when i posted that

Report Post Tip

Ah, its all right my friend. I know a nice spot on the other side of town. They have chocolate cake to die for. We can head over there and get something good. 

Report Post Tip

indeed im always down for chocolate cake. 

Tony pulls out his wallet and makes sure he has enough money to cover the bill and pulls out another cigar. 

"Yep i do, lets go to this place you speak of."

At that time Tony's Bullet proof car arrives and he gets in and offers Toberius a ride...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: So You Want to Make it to the Big Leagues?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL