Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 04:45:59
Page:  1 
The Bear. Started by: Derek_Jeter on Aug 23, '13 03:49

It was a lovely night in Staten Island summer was almost over, kids were starting school, and business in New York was picking up people were buying booze, drugs, and making money even though there was a depression it sure didn't feel like it. I was at my ex-girlfriend Doris's house she was complaining about some bear bothering her even though I dont love her anymore I still cared for her safety.

" So where's the bastard?"

"It's in the yard it usually comes out late at night and starts banging on the walls."

" Banging on the walls huh?" You sure it doesnt just wanna have its way with you instead?"

"Huh?"

"Nothin...you still have that shotgun I gave you a couple years back?"

She handed me the shotgun it was a Winchester Model M1897 and I went out back. I took a seat out in the yard.

" Doris why dont you be of use to me and get me a damn beer!" I shouted.

A few seconds later she came out and handed me an ice cold beer followed by a I'm going to kill you face.

" Now thats more like it!" I said laughing. She didnt pay attention and went back inside. I took out a cigar lit it and started smoking it was going to be a long night.Time came and went it was about 3 AM in the morning and the bear hadn't shown his ugly mug yet. It was quiet that night and in the city that never sleeps sometimes did, at least for an hour or two. I thought about the people in the city from the slums to the big huge buildings stacked fifty feet high to those in the suburbs deep in slumber. After a few more minutes things started getting exciting.

I heard a loud boom noise coming from the trashcans and got my M1897 ready. The loud boom noise didn't seem to wake Doris up she was a heavy sleeper whenever I slept with her for the night I always managed to leave in the morning without waking her up. I started walking slowly towards the trashcans there was a big black shape I couldn't make it out very well I didn't know if it was a bear or big fat Joe from the bar. A couple seconds later it started moving towards me until we were almost face to face I froze. It was a big black bear.

It stopped and stared at me trying to figure out if I was friend or foe, predator or prey. We both stood there silent for a few minutes. I got the M1897 ready and started squeezing the trigger slowly. The bear just stood there knowing what was about to happen it didn't try to run away because it wouldn't have any time. I squeezed the trigger the bear fell down and all hell broke loose. Lights started turning on Doris came outside and some of the neighbors started shouting at me.

"What was dat?" Doris said

"My new fur coat"

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Steel was walking down the street when he heard a *BANG* he headed towards where it had came from gun in hand. He noticed Derek_Jeter standing over a lifeless bear. He approached the man and said "Nice kill!" He then looked around a noticed about a dozen people gathering around.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Brambles just lit up a cigar. She wasn't much of a smoker but occasionally enjoyed a sneaky one. She took a sip of her whiskey when "BANG" Brambles bent down quickly, her glass fell to the floor and shattered to pieces. Her pal come running out "What was that?!" She shouted. Brambles stood up and replied "I dunno, but I am gonna go take a look. You coming or waiting here?" Her pal went inside. "Count me out" With that Brambles grabbed her coat and quietly walked off the back porch towards where the the noise had come from. She sees a crowd and heads over. "What was this all about?" She says rather loudly. "He shot a bear" Said one. "The bear had eaten his son" shouted another. Brambles spots Steel on the other side and wanders around there. "What's up, did you see what happened? I thought someone had been shot. Damnnn" Brambles can just quite make out a black bear through the gathering people. 

Report Post Tip

I stared at the crowd gathering around me they were angry that I woke them up in the middle of the evening many had jobs in the city and had to get up early. They stared at me  the bear and the gun in my hands and had many questions. They wanted to know the who, what and why.

" Now now folks Im sorry for waking you up in the middle of the evening..."

"Damn right you are I gotta wake up early and get to work I gotta family to feed!"

The crowd went into chaos everyone complaining and shouting at me until I managed to calm them down.

" Mr.Big Bear here-" I said pointing to the dead bear " Was messing around in the yard and no one wants some big ass bear running around your yard So I shot him...you happy now folks now get the hell outta here"

The crowd left pleased that the bear was killed so they wouldn't have to deal with it getting into their homes. Only me and Doris were left in the backyard alone.

"Derek I dont know what to say...how much do I owe you?"

"Its nothin doll dont worry you dont have to pay me."

" Well if you dont want money..."

Seconds later we made the beast with two backs Doris was a sweet girl an Angel in public but a demon in bed and somehow she managed to wake up the entire neighborhood.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Bear.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL