Get Timers Now!
X

May 20 - 22:55:49
Page:  1 
Mission: Accomplished Started by: blink on Aug 24, '13 00:28

blink had barely had a moment to catch his breath, wiping away the bead rolling down his cheek, a mixture of sweat and dirt. The last couple of days business has been booming. The only kind of business that seemed to be thriving in the current testing economic climate, threat removal. Hitman, hitter, mercenary we're commonly more used words but they didn't sound so..professional. Any "threat removal expert" with his finger in the vicinity of a pulse had just witnessed the mass influx of Durdens and lazy bums and had probably enjoyed their fair share of targets assigned to them too.

blink first got wind of the incoming hoard when word got to him that a metric tonne or there abouts would be ran-sacking his district amongst others if a certain number of bums weren't disposed of before an appropriate time by the Gods above. The process was a slow one at first; how  anyone, even when working together, were supposed to remove the overwhelming threat of 500 before 00:00 hundred hours was anyones guess.  However word soon reached him that Don McDermott of Detroit had managed to eliminate 20 himself, as did Capo Feisty of  Chicago. This was the catalyst which prompted West Side, Chicago to start eliminating bums by the boat load. Godfather Lynch took care of 25 single handedly whilst Don Anomaly and Don SammyGravano shot 10 each. Consigliere MK disposed of 10 more and Boss CaptainTeemo shot 7, no easy feat for the little fella. All these ridiculous feats far overshadowed blinks measly 2, to think he called himself one of the best in the business too.

The bodies racked up and a quick count up had that around dead more or less, still 200 short of the required amount and with time creeping ever nearer. Hope was beginning to fade as everyone started to believe there wasn't a chance in hell of ever hitting the target. And then commeth the man, commeth the hour. The man blink hoped to emulate one day, Don Townslave. Shots rang out left and right as he left a trail of bodies in his wake, over 200 at last count. And so the target was reached and to the victors the spoils. It was at this point he realised he hadn't thanked Don Townslave for this ridiculous sole effort to reach the target.

"This isn't an ode to Don Townslave, just a show of gratitude. Whilst everyone contributed, yours was by the far the largest and i'm positive we wouldn't have done it without you. And also to any of the other prominent shooters who i may have forgotten about, please feel free to throw your thanks to them once i've finished speaking here too."

blink stepped back so that he didn't want people to think he wanted any of the plaudits, none of this was as a result of his generosity.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

And then commeth the man, commeth the hour. The man blink hoped to emulate one day, Don Townslave.

I gotta say, There are so many times Don Technical has come through for the community, Im happy to go on the record declaring my love for Mr Don Technical. It wasnt that long ago that Technical did his IRC Avenue Treasure Hunt which the whole community could enjoy.

Technical Sault, You are a magnificent asset to not only Chicago but to our world.

On another note, Well done to everyone who helped accomplish the challenge we was given the other day.

Report Post Tip

I have never met the man myself, but reading through my bloodline's journals, I have heard time and time again, the pure selfless generosity of this man, and he never looks for credit for any of it. You have my respect, and admiration Don Townslave.

~Sadie smiled sweetly before turning back into the slowly forming crowd~

Report Post Tip

~Sadie returned looking a bit sheepish~

Of course, I would be remiss to leave out thanking everyone else that helped as well. Very well done.

~Curtsy's, then melts back into the crowd~

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Mission: Accomplished
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL