Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 04:18:14
Page:  1 
The Search Started by: Zephyra on Aug 29, '13 16:36

Zephyra stepped off the boat from her homeland onto American soil at the New York docks. She stood with her suitcase off to one side and out of the way. Running a hand through her hair and straightening her clothing as she prepared herself for the task at hand.

Taking in the scene her mind wandered off a bit to the home she left behind and the people. Her mother had come to America a short while ago and she had felt a strong pull to follow along when the news of her mothers death had reached her. She knew she wouldn't follow exactly in her mother's footsteps because she was an entirely different person. She had to grow up fast once her mother left for the new country. Zephyra had to fend for herself and become the woman of the house. However, things changed once news of her mothers death reached her. Her father fell into himself and didn't even realize she was there anymore. So she had reread her mothers letters and was determined to set out on her own.

She had packed up a letter with the mention of one of her mother's friends, QuintenTarantino. She was determined to seek out this man. She had a good feeling that this man would take her in and she would need a job when she got to America.

As she focused once more on the docks she sought a quiet spot. Taking her mothers letter and a few dollars from her suitcase and sought out a nearby dock worker.

"Excuse me sir?" Zephyra approached a man moving boxes around the dock and wearily checking out the newcomers.

"Ma'am?" he replied.

"Can you direct me to the Brooklyn Airport?" she asked.

"No but I can pay for a cab to take you if you would like?"

Zephyra shook her head and politely declined the payment. She did have him seek out a cab for her though but she wouldn't allow herself to be indebted to strangers. It was not something she took lightly.

At the airport it took her some time to locate the flight she needed to Downtown, Detroit. She quickly found her seat on the plane and introduced herself to her neighbor. Trying to hide her nerves she chit chatted for a short while with Faceman. Neither of them going into much detail but just the pleasantry topics. She was content to let the conversation drop half way through as her mind took over her thoughts.

She wondered how she was going to find this man. Where she should start to look and who would be safe to ask. Her mind worked overtime the whole trip to Detroit.

As she left the Downtown Airport she had noticed it had grown dark. Quietly cursing her luck she headed back into the airport. It was unseemly for a young lady to be looking for a man at this hour so she set herself up to spend the night on airport waiting chairs. What choice did she have? In the morning she would continue the search..

Report Post Tip

​Lighting a cigarette after being chauffeured to the airport, QuintenTarantino began to raise his nose, a certain smell his face that was oh so familiar. Looking around hastily, he cannot seem to find what this smell is leading him to... 

Not giving up, his search continues until finally the man is at a full stop, lights glimmering off his face from ear to ear... smiling he has finally let out a sigh of relief. Standing in front of him is a little piece of home that he never wants to forget... "Philly's Finest Hoagies". A place his father owned when he was a lad. 

Pondering back on his families loss in stock and value, he's noticed a few things the franchise owners have done to try and spruce things up a bit. New signs, new looks for their menus as well as new uniforms for their employee's. Walking up to the stand owner, Quinten shakes his hand firmly, assuring him that his business will see no harm from outsiders. Ordering a "Diablo" with no tomato, Quinten begins his adventure back to his Chauffeur to take him back to his HQ...

Upon crossing the main entrance to the Downtown Airport, Quinten catches a lass asleep in a chair hunched over very uncomfortably... looking closer he notices this face to be very familiar. Walking up, making sure the unpleasant smell from his cigarette doesn't upset the lass, he puts it out on the sole of his shoe. Tapping the young girl on the shoulder, he begins to notice her stir awake... 

"Hello Ma'am, y'know, this airport might not be the best of places to crash down at..." Winking, he opens his arms for a hug from his long lost friend... 

Report Post Tip

Faceman- had enjoyed the lady he had met on his flight home, having made sure she didnt want a ride to a hotel or some money to pay for one he made his way for the exit of the airport.
As he got to the exit he saw his boss QuintenTarantino and with great surprise he got his attention

"Off somewhere boss?" he said quizzically with a tad hint of sarcasm

Quinten replied " I am here to meet a friend of mine, in fact whilst you are here you might as well come and meet her she will be a part of my family"

Intrigued, Faceman- followed behind Quinten to meet the new recruit which to his surprise was the very lady he sat next to on the plane here.

Faceman- almost leaped in front of his boss and said "This is the person you are recruiting i have already met her, i sat next to her on my journey here!"

Quinten gave an ironic chuckle and woke up their new friend with a wink and a hug

Report Post Tip

Zephyra had fallen asleep a short while ago. Extremely tired from her journey she starts awake at the voices around her. Freaking out a bit inside she turns her head calmly to see who was speaking to her.  It took a few moments for her to grasp the mans words.

"I'm sorry but it was the only place I knew of that was open. I am supposed to be meeting my mother's friend but I didn't think I should be wandering a city I did not know in the middle of the night." Zephyra replied, uncertain of how much information to give the man.

Her attention moved to the man standing next to the original speaker. Her eyes flickered with recognition before she addressed him.

"Faceman? What are you doing here? I thought you had already left?" She stammered out her words nervously.

She brushed the strands of hair back and into an elastic so it would stay out of her face. She remained silent, eyeing both men, as she waited to find out exactly who they were.

Report Post Tip

Quinten flops his arms down in disappointment, turning to FaceMan- he chuckles, allowing the lass to fully awaken herself as she eyes the well dressed men standing before her; he hastily points to her bags and signals for the door of the airport. 

I was good friends with your mother, Zephyra, she had asked I take care of things for you after her passing. If you're anything like your mother I am sure you will fit in nicely with the type of business we associate ourselves with.

Noticing the head of security walking towards the group, Quinten signals him to walk away as if he wasn't in need of his servicesTaking a small envelope out, Quinten stuffs it into Zephyra's pocket for later keeping. 

Hold on to that envelop, you're gonna need it on your new adventure here ma'am.

Report Post Tip

"Thank you Sir" Zephyra murmurs in a dazed state.

Had she really been so standoffish with her mothers friend? She had to find out.

"So you're Quinten? You are the one she speaks of?"

Zephyra stared silently for a minute before standing up. Her mind less fogged by the sleep now then it had been a few minutes ago.

"If you are I am so sorry for not being more thrilled. It's been such a long ride and I just wanted to find you.  And...." She trailed off. Her thoughts silenced knowing she needed to wait for his reply before she completely rambled off.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Search
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL