Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 30 - 01:13:31
Page:  1 
An Intrusion Started by: TheSosa on Sep 03, '13 12:05

Hello everyone, I am TheSosa, I have come to you to ask a question that has been plaguing my thoughts recently. As many of you know, the gods made an appearance in this thing of ours by banning MIA's, IA's, and CA's. Now thankfully the ban was lifted, but it got me thinking. Does one have the right to put his beliefs, and views on others?

I know some of you are saying no, but what if it there were a Godfather that saw a city burst into a civil war? Does he have the right to step in, and support whomever he chooses?

Now, since the creation of districts there is a higher chance that one thing that is frowned upon in one district, is allowed in the other. How can someone in force a rule of their district, in someone else's?

What if there was a Supreme Godfather? Would he having earned that right, also have the right to impose his rules onto other cities? I understand that there is a Godfather Council already in place to make sure that it doesn't happen again, but unfortunately they can't stop it from happening, in the future it will happen, its only a matter of time. 

My final question is, What if YOU were a Godfather or Crewleader, and someone from another district or city, broke a rule in YOUR district or city. You wanted to persecute the person, but in the other persons district, or city it is allowed. How would you proceed?

Report Post Tip

TheSosa you brought a few questions here to the streets I tend to ask myself on the occasion. Asking if the Gods have the right to ban MIAs, RIAs, and CAs, you have brought one of the most sensitive questions to us. The Gods have every right to do what ever they want. They are exactly what you call them, Gods. Are they fair and righteous? I personally believe they are most times. However I think the Gods may have stepped in and intervened on something and shouldn't have acted so brash. With no warning did they act but like I said and even yourself, they're Gods. 

I'm surprised they tended to act on this because in my father's journals, their used to be many other acts that could be deemed as "harmful to our way of life". I remember when an acting City Boss banned anyone else from shooting in their city unless they paid. There was a Godfather who allowed people to set up in his city if they paid the tax. Leading to anyone being able to lead and so on and give no meaning to being a Crew Leader. Two of the strongest Godfathers ever in our time, banned people from their cities and banned other crews from taking them in. They were literally banned from this world and if found, that crew met their dismissal by death. 

Where was the God intervention then?

These two Godfathers banned people from joining a city and making a living in crime. Never did they get this kind of treatment. I think overall the city heads should have been given an warning. I mean a potential Godfather just retired over the issue. You know this treatment is bad when someone of the ranks removes themselves from this world over an action from the Gods.

Your next question asking if a Godfather has the right to intervene in a civil war is a simple answer. Yes. A Godfather has the right to enter and help which ever side of a civil war because he's a Godfather. He can do whatever he wants. We've all seen it happen. Everyone has their friends and their enemies hidden until the time is right. Just look at the last war where you saw Godfathers flipping on their own city's Godfather. 

How can someone enforce a rule in another district? Simply force it upon them. Its too easy to say do it, or else you'll never wake up again. Someone is always more powerful than the other. One district is always going to have one more notch over the next district and so on. Its just that way. And to bring your next question up asking if there is a Supreme Godfather. There were Supreme Godfathers and there still are really. They might not hold the rank of Godfather, but they are definitely the acting head of their respect city and are leading that city.

Theres going to be a pattern here again. And as you can tell I'm going to respond with, if a Supreme Godfather had the fire power to enforce rules on other cities, he can and he will effective. I'm going to use Godfather Cpt-Harris here for a second. He is by far the most powerful of Godfathers and is the strongest in our world. I guarantee you that if he wanted to make other cities enforce a rule he liked, they would. 

Your last question regarding rules being broken in one district while the person who broke it thought it was ok since the district he was from allowed it is a debatable one. With respect to my city, I would persecute the person financially. I want to believe his leader from another district understands but sometimes that doesn't always happen. And then more actions would be taken. But I mean if it was the other way around, I would give in and pay something financially depending on the severeness of the rule being broken.

Report Post Tip

Mike, like you said the Gods can do what they want because they are in-fact Gods. But with the mistreatment of particular mobsters of particular bloodlines in the past, why haven't the Gods intervened then? Why did they choose this small incident? Why didn't they choose to step in when the Godfathers banned people from their and other cities? Wouldn't that have been the correct time for them to show that if the Gods think that a rule is unnecessary they can remove it or at least "Convince" people to remove it?

Report Post Tip

"I like this topic and I felt it needed to be brought to life in the streets. So I thank you for that, TheSosa. Of course, everyone has the right to express their beliefs. In my opinion, it should be the people of this community rather than the Gods that watch us. The Gods don't set foot on this soil, because... Well, they're Gods. It's like they throw a thunderbolt from the sky when we do something they don't like... But, that's the point of life, to live it how you wish without the God's trying to dictate us. I understand that they wish to do what is best for this world... It isn't needed though to a sense. If a leader feels that his crew shouldn't mug each other, it should be his right to rule how he likes. It's his business and he should be able to operate how he likes. The God's don't run that mans crew, even if they might run the country. To strictly tell us that we can or can't do something is absurd in my opinion. I have a life, a soul, beliefs, and a heart. I wish to use them without the Gods restricting me to do so in my position. If I wish to break my crewleaders rules, that's my choice. Just like it is his to carry out a punishment if he feels it is needed. Our sons and fathers are different people and sometimes we wish to act differently than them, be our own person."

I know some of you are saying no, but what if it there were a Godfather that saw a city burst into a civil war? Does he have the right to step in, and support whomever he chooses?

"He should, unless the Gods want to step in on that process too.... Because even if the Godfather steps in, doesn't mean that his crew or city will do exactly the same, it's their choice. it doesn't mean that the people around him feel the same, it's based on their loyalty and beliefs. As a Godfather or CL though, he should have full right to make decisions. I think we seen a great example of this in the last huge war where everyone picked a side and went with it. Either people went with their beliefs or they went with those they loved and wanted to support. And that was beautiful... Absolutely beautiful to watch and participate in. Because our country allows these things to happen."

How can someone in force a rule of their district, in someone else's?

"Hmmm. Well, they should have the full right to ask their members what to do and what not to do. It's their decision to listen to it or not. It's whatever the Godfather or crewleader thinks is good or bad for business. It's the reason they have a crew and have the ability to set rules, tell them what he expects from them, and even have the power to change the rules as he likes to improve whatever he likes. So, yeah in a way he can ask his to abide by his rules, but overall when you're a visitor to that district, you should show respect enough to follow their rules. That's suppose to be the amazing quality of this world. Where we make action, and others can react how they like and their crewleader can judge them for it. Like it or not, people are going to judge others. That's life. The Gods putting restrictions on these things but restrictions on the way we live. They don't live the life we do, they watch. That's the way it should stay in my opinion, even though others will disagree with me."

What if there was a Supreme Godfather? Would he having earned that right, also have the right to impose his rules onto other cities?

"Well even though I don't believe in a Supreme Godfather, I know what you're referring to. The top dog, the head honcho in charge and everyone knows it. He can certainly ask and try, he should have the right to. Others are going to judge it, and many probably won't like it, but it should be allowed to attempt. Anything should be allowed to attempt, especially those who are in rule. As we have seen in the past, people will rise up and change it themselves if they don't like it or at least try, eventually it will happen and the Supreme Godfather will pass. There's nothing wrong with him wanting to do something different or try it out, run with his beliefs. They worked hard to get into that position, along with a little luck on their side. Congrats, they've earned it. Just like the ones before them."

What if YOU were a Godfather or Crewleader, and someone from another district or city, broke a rule in YOUR district or city. You wanted to persecute the person, but in the other persons district, or city it is allowed. How would you proceed?

"Well, given what you've said, I will go by this structure and process. If someone from another place broke my rules and I wanted them punished, I would approach their boss, not them directly. Their boss has the final say and rule over his members. Most of the time, if a rule is broken somewhere else and you approach their boss, they will work with you because they would want the same if their rules were broken. This could lead to agreement or disagreement, then drama. Drama is a main key to this country. Eventually, we could try to work something out and come to a middle ground if we don't agree (Like the Gods should, come to a middle ground that pleases both parties. We can't take action against them if we don't like it.). If we don't agree altogether and can't come to a halfway point, then their is tension which could lead to far more. However, most people are willing to work with others and that's fine. It's the reason for wars, not letting the world become so stale, and being able to be the person we wish to be. I stand by my statement that the bosses should be able to do whatever they like and put in whatever rules they wish. It's the others job to judge them and look at it how they wish. They don't like it? They have the power to try and change it."

Report Post Tip

Timon, I understand what you are saying but I must ask you another thing. How would you act if you were a Godfather and someone outside of your city shot a Crew Leader in your city? And that persons Godfather refused to persecute him?

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: An Intrusion
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL