Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 18:16:38
Page:  1 2 3 [ > - >>> ]
A Total Knockout - Boxing Competition Started by: Zmeika on Sep 17, '13 02:40

Zmeika wipes her brow with the towel wrapped around her neck as she finishes up another grueling workout at the New York Boxing Arena. She's been coming here for ages, ever since Ladyfighter had not so subtly hinted that she work on toning her body. Zmeika appreciated all the personal training Ladyfighter had provided to her, whether it was perfecting her right hook or the value of respect outside of these doors. New York as a city had spent the last several nights battling it out with Lanksy's pathetic crew, and all this time in the ring had definitely improved her stamina.

This arena has sure seen it's share of ups and downs, it had turned into rubble during the cross fire of wars, but every couple of generations it gets reconstructed. It just shows the tenacity of Ladyfighter's bloodline. All along the walls are pictures commemorating the nine big fights held by the generations of Ladyfighters. With Ladyfighter's ascension to Godmother of Brooklyn coming up so soon, what better way to honor her work and achievements, than a tournament in her name?

Zmeika smiles as the pieces of the puzzle come together, plans begin to whirl around in her head like cogs moving against one another. She quickly dials up her favourite construction company and says "Hey boys, wanna do me a favour? Tonight get your sweet behinds over to the New York Arena and get the blue boxing ring back to it's former glory. I promise to make it worth your while!" She hangs up, smirking at the phone. Then calls up a pal a the local newspaper to post an announcement of the competition.

Zmeika looks down at the clock on the wall, and notices it's nearly time to meet up with the rest of the gang to head to Lansky's hideout. Hopefully she'll have some time to get a shower in at least, otherwise she'd smell like a total monster.

---

You look down a the morning newspaper and come across an full page announcement. In bold letters it reads

Calling all fighters! Prove today that you're a total knockout!

To celebrate the legacy that is Ladyfighter, a boxing competition will be held September 18th at 23:00 in the New York Arena.

Think you're up to the snuff? Think you can take home the belt? Then put in your application to the boxing arena!

The first 16 applicants to submit an application detailing why they think they can win it all, will be accepted into the competition. The last one standing after the rounds of competition will win $4M and bragging rights. The fighter brave enough to face the champion in the final round will earn themselves $1M.

The arena will be open to all fighters to train and to show off. This competition will be run in Ladyfighter's traditional style (consult the history books, try looking under "boxing" to see how things were done).

So start replying and applying at the arena (below) to participate today!

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Izzy is very intrigued by this and gets very gleeful finaly he gets to show off some fighting talent he notices AlabamaWorley standing near by and nudges her

Toss on your gloves hotstuff 

He winks at her and approaches the signing roster

Sign me up!!! I'm gonna be the champ!

Report Post Tip

Balthazar walks up in his usual attire of baggy clothes magicians top hat and black cloak, Zmeika had been talking up an up coming boxing event. He'd never really boxed before but he damn sure knew how to fit, not always fair but where he fought if you were lucky enough to walk away it didn't matter if you were fair or not.

Well I was only going to see what this was all about, but any chance to knock Izzy out is worth it.

Flashing his toothy smile that almost looked like a dog snarling he signs himself up.

Report Post Tip

A boxing match eh? This could be quite interesting indeed. Grinning, Fox makes her way over to sign herself up. She would be the winner. No doubt about it. She was a fighter, an assassin. She enjoyed boxing and hadn't been able to do so for a bit of time. She had been busy with all the work she has to deal with so she unfortunately had stepped back from boxing. This was a good excuse to get back into it.

Of course she was still fit and ready to put the smack down on any given punk. She was especially keen on getting her former associate Balthazar...she was not going to let him get away with all his trouble making. She enjoyed her time with him but she was ready to get even with all the pies in her face and messing up her beautifully elegant dance studio. I needed to teach him a lesson. Giggling she starts thinking of all the ways she will kick everyones asses and serve it to them on a platter. In fact, I needed to teach a lesson to all who participated. They needed to know NOT to mess with me.

She was bat shit crazy alright, a sweetie who liked to fight. "I'm in. I am a fighter and I am ready to throw a few punches." Smiling slyly at Zmeika she hands in her application. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $123,456 Tip

Izzy snickers at Balthazar's daft little idea of knocking him out 

Bring it snaggle tooth! 

Report Post Tip

Balthazar shrugs and punches Izzy in the face dropping him like a sack of potatoes

It's brought and it took me years to sharpen these fangs

Report Post Tip

Zombie Perrin stumbles around moaning and grunting. Seeing the announcement Perrin decides to enter while he waits with his brother and sister zombies to begin chaos. Perrin slaps his blood hand on the paper as way of signing up. As for why he could win it all? That was simple to explain.

"Arrrghhhhh baaaaaa ehhhhhh....Arghebebbbb seeeee heeee AH.... ah ah ah maaaaaahhhhhHHHH!!!!!!"

Satisfied Perrin stumbles away his left foot dragging across the floor as he gets ready to hunt down the sweet scent of human flesh.

Report Post Tip

Izzy gets back up and dusts himself off...aadmittedly he got by surprise but in Izzy's defence hecwas dazed by the horrid look of Balthazar's face.

You hit like a little bitch! 

Izzy taunts and kicks Balthazar in the nuts he fall to his knees and Izzy places his hand on his head and whispers

See you in the ring buttercup

Izzy smirks and heads off to get ready, he can't help but miss his ol' pal Sweeney

Report Post Tip

Taking deep breaths that sound a lot like growls Balthazar hops to his feet in a blind rage knives in both hands quicker than anyone thought humanly possible. Looking around the crowd ready to strike and kill anything that moves, not finding Izzy he calms down. Putting away the knives he approaches AlabamaWorley, with a look in his eyes as cold as ice and voice to match.

When I catch him he will not be able to walk again, be lucky to keep his foot.

With that Balthazar walks away, twirling A knife in his hand as he thinks of all he's going to do to Izzy.

Report Post Tip

Alabama starts to hum her fight song

Dun, Dun Dun Dun, , Dun Dun Dun, Dun Dun Duuuun

I come from a long line of battle hard bitches that don't go down without a fight. Count me in! Hopefully I can emualte my grandmother who won this title two years ago.

Its the eye of the tiger....

Alabama wanders off swinging punches all over the place, in between screaming for some brains

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Dana steps back and watches her leader fall all over the place acting like some crazed loon.

Well if there a chance that I'll get to put Alabama on the canvass, count me in too! That bitch is constantly in my pockets, its payback time!!

The FBI trained me in self defence, this should be easy!

Report Post Tip

Raffa Bursts into the arena, As AlabamaWorley swings out.

I'm i late i'm i late? I am the fleet footed assassin! Raffa Yelled

throwing hands aint no thing for the king.

Raffa heads for the door bobbing and weaving.

Report Post Tip

Forever walks by the boxing arena and sees all commotion. See everyone talking about this boxing competition. He thought to himself 'Irish folks normally are good at boxing'. So he knew he could have a good chance at winning this thing. 

I'm in it to win it. I am a fighter at heart. Sign me up!

Makes his way back to the gym, to start training for the match.

Report Post Tip

Getting paid to lay down the smack on some of my favorite peeps around here? Hell yeah, count me in! Watch me go all "Veni Vidi Vici" on your ass bitches!

Report Post Tip

Seeing a crowd gather around the boxing arena, Winchesters curiosity gets the better of him. Peering through the crowd he notices a sign up sheet. Muscling his way way through he gets to the front of the line and pulls a pen out of his pocket.

"Sign me up! I've been known to throw a mean left hand when I'm sober. Its the middle of the week during this competition, so chances are fair!"

Smiling, Winchester gives himself a pat on the back and pushes his way back through the crowd. "Time to train"

Report Post Tip

Yeah sign me up as long as i get to beat the living hell outta Perrin it can only be good

Report Post Tip

Zmeika enters the boxing arena to see the progress of the sign up sheet. She's happy to notice that the arena seems busier than usual with people training for the competition. She scans through the page and is alarmed to see a bloody hand print. Huh...well that guy is certainly going to be stiff competition. Zmeika looks up at the posting and is alarmed to see that she had written the wrong date! It was supposed to run on Thursday, not Wednesday! Oh well. If there are enough people signed up by then, it will continue to take place on Wednesday. She makes a mental note of those who have already signed up, and is happy to see many of her own family members rising to the occasion.

1. _Izzy_
  2. Balthazar
  3. Fox
  4. Perrin
  5. AlabamaWorley
  6. DanaScully
  7. Raffa
  8. Forever
  9. Kpacumup
  10. Winchester
  11. Stan_Smith

5 spots left! 

Report Post Tip

Hearing that a boxing competition was being run and having had to shut down her own gym for lack of patronage Althea was quite highly inclined to take a look at this new place.  She walks in and looks around nodding to herself and eyeing the signup sheet. She takes a pen out of her purse and signs her name...

~Althea "The Healer"

Ready to fight again she puts the pen back and flexes her fists as she heads out into the sunlight once again.

Report Post Tip

Ladyfighter was enjoying her hot coffee and ate her breakfast. Perrin came in and brought her the morning newspaper. He showed her a page where the boxing event was announced.

"Was your grandmother not one of the organisors of this boxing event?" Perrin asked her.

"Indeed Perrin, I have been reading that in my grandmothers logs. She was a fantastic organisor and many boxers have been fighting and won prizes there. I did not know Zmeika was re-opening the building. I like the idea. I will go there later today to see the inside of the building, never been there before".

"Now Ladyfighter, why dont you participate in the boxing? You have been training for it already and I know you are good at it. Why not give it a chance?"

Ladyfighter finishes her coffee and puts the cup on the table. You could see at her face that she is thinking.

"Well Perrin, that is a fantastic idea. I have seen AlabamaWorley training and fighting, but really that was not that impressive to me. I can beat her for sure. Okay, off to the boxing arena".

When Ladyfighter arrived at the boxing arena, she looked at the participants list. She sees a few names she really wants to fight against. Already smiling to see who she can beat easily. Then she noticed Zmeika at the door opening.

"Zmeika, can you sign me up for the competition? I want to bring more fame to my bloodline and this time I want to win this competition. So count me in."

Report Post Tip

Rushing in on his zimmer frame, his wrinkles showing he looked over with a simple, why not.

Sign me up

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Total Knockout - Boxing Competition
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL