Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 12:35:57
Page:  1 
Care to Share? Started by: -AphoticProphet- on Sep 21, '13 02:41

A short but very handsome man, well at least that's what his mother tells him, walks to the podium to address the crowd. 

"Good evening. Now I know some of you have a hard time talking, well maybe it's not the talking so much as it is the embarrassment of standing in front of a crowd and speaking, but I would like to hear some interesting stories. You know, you always hear people speak about their grandfather and grandmothers journals. It sparks my interest as I hope it does for some of you. My curiosity is great it would kill enough cats that one would think pussy was no longer available. How horrible would that be right? Would we men turn to the apple pies? The grapefruit? It's a scary thought indeed."

Confused looks and maybe even looks from those offended stare at him hard through the crowd. 

"Don't get all ruffled. I shall continue with my debacle of a presence. Anyways, as I was stating I for one think it would be pretty awesome to maybe hear some of these stories. Whether it be comedic, scary, intense or hell even steaming hot. I'm a history buff so it's all fun to hear. Maybe this won't spark a single persons interest other then my own but needless to say, I want to give it a shot. I think with enough participation it could go a long way and really be an interesting discussion. How about I start off myself. Hmmm let me see what I can stir up in the old book."

He reaches into his sack and pulls out an old book. While flipping through the pages something catches his eye and brings a smile to his face. 

"This story is actually about my grandfather who's name I was blessed to receive myself, -AphoticProphet-. It all began when he reached the Shores of L.A. He was invited into a Family by a man named TylerDurden. My grandfather was excited about joining the ranks and being given the chance in the criminal underground way of life. So excited he worked hard to prove himself as a loyal hitman. In time Tyler promoted him to be the hitsquad leader of his family. He was so extremely loyal as well as hardworking that he did any and everything for the family in which he served. One day he woke up to a knock at his door. As he opened it he was given a warning. Approached by a city member of New York that there was an event that soon was going to take place. The elimination of the fine family he worked so hard for. Confused my grandfather had many questions he had to have answered. Upon digging he learned that Mr. Durden had visited a funeral of a fallen Mafioso, and instead of paying his respects he had some outlandish remarks for the resting followed by the decision to spit on his grave. This action sparked fury in all of the city heads across. My grandfather was confused as to why Tyler chose this path. When he approached his leader he was told to bug out and that nothing had to be explained to him. All fine and dandy to him, he knew that he had no right questioning his leaders actions. However, he felt it was necessary to warn him of what he had learned. Of course, he received the same response and felt as if he had been working to hard for Tyler to be just ignored. Granted it wasn't his place, but being in charge of the families protection he felt he had a responsibility to them. He had learned they were all going to be killed within the upcoming days and there was nothing he could say or do that could persuade Mr. Durden to think twice about the matter.  It frustrated him so immensely that he took matters into his own hands. He made a proposition to the other city heads, that if somehow he was to defeat Mr. Durden that they let the members of the family survive. Now granted, the other City heads viewed this as an impossible feat at the time but they figured if my grandfather could somehow pull it off then casualties would in fact be at a minimum. They knew that the actions of Mr. Durden put his members at risk and it wasn't right to watch the city burn for the poor actions of one. With the blessing my grandfather put his plan into motion. He didn't speak to anyone about his decision he just went for it. It couldn't be spoke about, it had to be contained, if Mr. Durden had received any word of such plans my grandfather would have been shot where he stood. Those who remember this event put blame on the secrecy of the operation for my grandfathers death. The day had arrived and he woke up that morning in nervous sweat. After all this was a huge task for a Wise Guy trying to take out his protected Boss. He had to try, and why not? He knew even if he had fallen all those he worked for so hard would burn with the city. Why not take a chance. With a pep talk in place he walked to Durdens favorite meat market and hid in the alley. About an hour went by and he finally spotted Tyler walking toward the first stand. Maybe it was nerves, but grandad went for the shot too quick. As he popped around the corner one of Tylers bodyguards saw him and threw his boss to the ground before he got hit. Tyler jumped up frantically and fired back missing my grandfather as well. Knowing he had to remove himself from the protection of the family my granddad setup on his own to prevent any immediate death. After sitting around the wall silently, making Tyler think the coast was clear, he popped around once again this time more smoothly and steadying his hands for that clear shot. With the squeeze of the trigger and a loud pop, Tyler laid on the pavement with blood pouring from his skull. He had done it, what everyone felt was an impossible feat he made possible. Granted luck could have been involved but the will power of an individual sometimes creates miracles. My grandfather went on to take the family over but sadly was shot by a rogue who disagreed with the actions. Regardless of the outcome and his untimely death, his actions to step up for what he thought was right saved many lives from the family he once belonged too whom later went on to do bigger and better things."

He closed the book and looked back at the crowd. 

"Maybe not the most exciting of stories but one I have always loved. History in this thing of ours pave ways for the future, doesn't matter how drastic or not, it is always in the books. So hopefully some of you can share some things we can all reflect on and maybe learn a bit from. For the lifestyle is what keeps us coming back and whether you believe so or not, history is was started it all."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Care to Share?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL