Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 01:06:11
Page:  1 
The Decadence of the Business District Started by: Leon on Oct 01, '13 22:43

The speech was about to begin. There were some chairs and a stage in a alley, Leon who was in charge had everything set and ready to start. As people started approaching the stage and sitting on the chairs, Leon stood up and got to the stage. He thanked for everyone’s presence and started his speech.

‘’For years the Business District Forum represented everything this world had to offer! The glamour, the prestige, the romance, the feelings… They were at the same place at the same time and people seemed to enjoy it, there were Brothels, hotels, bars, karaokes which i participated myself and even sex shops, yeah i was on that too, who can blame me? That does not matter now. Well, i was talking about the old Business District and what it was. People would spend hours enjoying a drink with his friends in a bar or a restaurant, but things seem to be changed now, something happened there. The torch which brightened the Role Play aspect is nothing but a dim light now…

Most of the business are empty or not being visited anymore,  or, if it is visited, i can say that most of its replies is about giving experience to their owners. You must be thinking about all i’m saying was already said and there’s tons of speeches about it, but hey, things changes every day so is the world of ours. Its a Fact that our Business District is less visited within every day, i can blame myself for it, i’m not a regular customer, but i also never started a solid RP life on our community, so, this speech, is all about regular role players who are stopping to role play or becoming less active on it.

There should be a reason for it, maybe there’s something happening with the business itself, maybe they are becoming in any way less attractive?   There’s no original ideas? I don’t know. Only role players can answer these question… But there’s for sure a reason. To be honest there are business that just don’t attract me or business that’s aren’t original and gets repetitive but once more, i’m not a regular role player so my opinion is not valid. I’m calling this speech because i want to hear from those regular role players what’s happening around our once, so movimented, district. What on your opinion or point of view is the main reason for the decadence of the Business District?''

Leon folds his paper and puts it on his pockets and steps down the stage to hear what the community has to say...

(OCC: Sorry if theres any grammar mistake on it, im not used with english)

Report Post Tip

I think you may be right there mate, the business district is slowly dieing off.  It is unfortunate, but I think it is due mostly to the fact that almost every business there is in fact just for roleplay purposes.  Most of them do nothing more than give everybody another venue to chat in.  I tend to not visit them too often because if I want to roleplay, that's what our wonderful streets are for.   I'm a believer that the businesses in the districst should offer a tangible service to this thing of ours, our suit makers and speech writers and whatever anyone could come up with should be able to set themselves up there.  I myself started a Life Insurance company in New York, that has expanded on to Detroit.  It offers a tangible service to anyone who would care to visit, explore, and sign up for it.  Just a shame that it's one of the few things I can find that's not just another venue to sit around and do nothing in.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: The Decadence of the Business District
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL