Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 17:04:42
Page:  1 
Snidely's Starting Scam Started by: SnidelyWhiplash on Oct 11, '13 22:34
Snidely rested his feet upon the highly polished oak desk in the office above his restaurant, a content smile shining across his face. He'd just gotten done managing his books for the week and as he'd planned, he was extremely far in the green. Money didn't seem to be a problem for him anymore, and for that he was supremely appreciative. He remembered back to a time when money was hard to come by for him...

It was twenty years earlier, and Snidely was but a young lad trying to survive. Him and his parents had come off the boat not too long ago, but soon after their arrival a brutal sickness claimed the lives of his mother and father. This was nothing new to Snidely though, he was used to illness stealing away the lives of his loved ones. He'd been left to stay in an orphanage, which didn't suit him all too well. The kids were mangy and mental, every last one of them had a look in their eyes that screamed for people to stay away.

Food, money, and clothes were all scarce to come by but Snidely had his ways of surviving somewhat comfortably. Grabbing his ratty deck of cards from his pillowcase, Snidely snuck outside the orphanage and made his way into the heart of Chicago. Lifting the garbage can he'd tipped over in a back alley, he finds his piece of lumber and the three cups he left there. Carrying them under his arm, he walked to the park and set his scam up. Over the next two hours, a dozen or more people fell for his scam. It was simple, he'd hide the Queen of Hearts under one of the cups, and the two black Queens under the other two. The contestants were to find the red Queen, and they'd win whatever they bet. Little did they know, at the last second, Snidely would slip another black card into the mix without them seeing, thus ensuring his win.

Snidely was just about to pack his shop up for the day when someone approached him. He'd seen the man in the crowd of people a few times throughout the day, so naturally his interest was piqued when the man stepped up to him. As he got closer, Snidely felt his stomach knot at the grin the man had on his face.

"I see what you did there, kid. Not everyone's eye is as good as mine, but I caught every card you slipped in. Now what you're gonna do is give me half the winnings you made today, or I'm going to blow up your spot tomorrow when you come back"

Snidely stood speechless, unsure what to do. He didn't want to give up his money without a fight, but the man clearly could take him if it got physical, and he didn't want to risk his hustle. His eyes darted to and fro, weighing his options. As if the man was reading his mind, he stepped directly in Snidely's path and chuckled.

"It's called extortion, kid. If you're gonna learn the game boy, you better learn to play it right."

Snidely frowned and reached into his pocket, handing the man a little less than half of what he'd made that day. It was very unsettling, but he had no other choice. His eyes lit up suddenly as an idea flashed across his brain, and he tried to hide the smile that was surely attempting to show itself on his face. The mystery man made his way out of the park, and Snidely tailed him carefully from a distance as to not be spotted. Once he figured his moment was most opportune, Snidely snuck up behind the man and reached very carefully into his pocket as he was walking, grabbing his wallet. Turning around to book it, Snidely felt a firm grasp upon his shoulder and he nearly shit himself from fear. Turning slowly, Snidely sees the man he'd just stolen from smiling at him warmly.

"Well kid, this is how it is? I was nice enough to let you keep half of what you made today and you try and steal from me?" The man lets out a chuckle that progressively led into full on gut-busting laughter. "You've got balls, boy. I like it. I'm going to take you under my wing and show you the ropes of this shadier side of the law, since you've clearly got an aptitude for it already."

From that day on, Snidely would learn new tricks every few days. Sleight of hand was soon mastered, and PickPocketing was done so easily he could almost do it in his sleep. When he saw others trying to scam people, he would take a page out of his mentors book and extort their money from him. Life was good, but Snidely wanted to make larger amounts of money at once. Bringing this concern up to the man who'd been teaching him, Snidely snuck in the idea that he could run drugs. He'd seen the man doing exchanges plenty of times over the past few months, and he knew it was a job he could do with ease.

It wasn't until he got ripped off during a cocaine sale that Snidely realized just how much he was willing to do to make money. His customer ran off with his product, and Snidely reported it immediately to his mentor. The man said nothing other than asking for a description of the customer, and where the sale was made. After that information was given to him, he motioned for Snidely to follow him. Snidely did so without saying a word, wondering what was going to happen. They made their way to the block where the sale had taken place, and luck must have been on their side because the man was sitting on a curb, higher than a kite.

Snidely's mentor grabbed the man by the scruff of his neck and dragged him into a back alley. After a few moments of discussion, his mentor pulled a crowbar out of nowhere and turned to Snidely

"Sometimes in this business son, you have to get your hands dirty. I know you've done a bunch of illegal things already, but definitely nothing this physical. Can you do what is necessary?"

Turning away from Snidely, he proceeded to beat the living piss out of the man who'd stolen from them. Snidely smiled the whole time, enjoying knowing the fact that soon the money he'd lost out on would be his. It was on that day that Snidely decided he wanted to be a Mobster. He was willing to do anything to stay wealthy. And from then out, there wasn't a day that went by that Snidely wasn't living comfortably.
Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $200,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Snidely's Starting Scam
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL