Get Timers Now!
X

May 17 - 12:42:51
Page:  1 
Street Speech, how do you feel about it? Started by: Husky on Oct 12, '13 04:08

It was a late night and Husky was roaming the street to find someone who will provide him with some treat.

As he walked into a back ally he passed two well dressed gentlemen, who were arguing about an issue that seemd to be important to both of them.

There was something about there suits who caught his attention...

The quality of the fabric that those suits were made of;
One looked well tailored, something that a Don or Consigliere would wear, the other suit however looked cheap, befitting a Gangster.

To his surprise,  it was the gangster has who was shouting while the other gentleman was listening.

As he was crossing the street, he asked himself; Freedom of speech may be a good thing but I wonder, seriously, do people still consider they rank and place in food chain when they decide to address  someone who outrank them?

Report Post Tip
No, they don't. Especially after a war or takedown. They take to the streets with nothing to lose and spew horseshit that their fathers or mothers would never have had the balls to say back when they were alive. And why not, really. Inevitably, some idiot will take the bait and respond to them anyway.
Report Post Tip

Husky listen to what Sexecutioner have said, he wags his tail and start barking since he cannot talk.

Arf! Arf arf arf! Arf arf arf arf arf! Aaaarfff! arf arf! arf arf arf arf aaaaaarf!!!

Translation: I could see your point there i just hope this will not offend anyone. To considered your bloodline has been murdered the initial reaction is what you have said, but still I find it amusing that when their father was in that rank lets say a Don, a Consigliere or even a Godfather everyone speaks highly of their work and in just one statement, in just one war, all of the respect to that man also goes down with his grave because of the initial reaction of their sons and daughters. The one that truly amuse me is that this son is not even a part of the circle they are only mere civilian. If we consider this, it is a slap on the face of the high ranking mafioso that we have. If am a Consig or a Don and I see a civilian threatening me what should be my first reaction on this matter?

Again i hope i did not offend anyone am just a mere Dog that wants a treat or a cookie.

Report Post Tip

Well, I won't presume to dictate what your reaction *should* be on the matter, but personally, I initially try to either reason or argue with the misguided civilian and when that fails,I normally try to ask everyone where the lurve has gone(this one seems to work the best)... and when that fails,I simply follow the words made famous by the now deceased JohnGalt and I 'Stop feeding the Troll'. If the threats persist, you always have the gun that killed their father/mother. Maybe you'll get the set.

Moving onto your original topic, in general, people still consider their rank and place when they decide to address someone who outranks them, I know I do and that almost everyone I know does. However, as Sexecutioner said.. the spawn of the recently deceased are usually, quite understandably, pissed. They believe that their parents were killed without any proper reason and this seems to free them from the ladder of power in this world. They feel that they are not a part of the ladder anymore and that they can say whatever they want.

Report Post Tip

You see. I have never been getting that McLuvin.

This business we be involved in has never been the safest line of work. You live and die by the sword. Realistically, If your bloodline has not been smart enough to read the signs and your leader has not done their job and read the signs for you then you deserve to be under the sea. You should be more pissed off with yourself than anyone else.

I have never got the point of coming to these here shores, with your fathers journal in hand, and quoting verses and reasons why the person who shot you in the face is wrong. Don't get me wrong. A speech from the grave never can be denied by someone formerly in a position is usually expected but that doesn't mean it has to attack the one who bested you.

You lost your grip on the ladder of power, they grabbed your leg and pulled you off. Tough shit. Don't lose your morals as a member of this organisation because you were not smart enough to read it otherwise it may forever be held against you.

Report Post Tip

My line doesn't put much stock in rank when it comes to speech. What's true is true regardless of who says it. I don't think my Idon'tevenknowhowmanygreatsgrandmother's words meant more because she had 60 odd units than those of my somenumberlessgreatgrandmother's who died young.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Rank doesn't mean as much as it did do. Don't get me wrong, there are some crew leaders that only promote their crew members when they truly deserve it, but there are people with high esteemed rank that have done barely anything on it. The flip side is that you can't see in to other peoples family, so you can never truly judge what they have done.  Also, I personally know of people that throw their race for a rank aside, and concentrate on other means and methods to help their family.

So in short, someone with a higher rank doesn't mean they are better, or any more important to this society today. I believe it's how they treat people as to how they get treated back. That's my philosophy of it all anyway. Obviously people with bold or italic writing are exempt from this, to a certain extent anyway.

Report Post Tip

Drogan had been standing quietly in the shadows again, taking in everything that was said, pondering the original question and proceeding comments before weighing in. He sparked another cigarette from the one He had been smoking, dropping that onto a growing pile of butts that He was more than happy to contribute to. He stepped forward just a bit so that He could at least be seen as He spoke.

I have always been of the opinion that it is not WHAT you say, but HOW you say it. It is very rare to find a large group that will completely agree with the decisions those in power over them make. Also, many times the feelings that are shown are true, just not put forth with a respectful tone.

There is a huge difference between not agreeing with someone's choices, and bashing them openly for them. If more would take the time to settle their emotions before speaking, I am sure they could at least find a more respectful way of getting their feelings known. I am also sure that most real leaders would be more than happy to listen and discuss problems and solutions with lower ranks as long as it is done in a respectful manner.

There are also those that have come to their demise in their sleep, as collateral damage, which of course would make the distraught kin search for reasons, once again acting or speaking out of the pure emotions they feel at that moment.

As for what can be done about it, I think each situation would be different and hold different consequences depending on those involved and the situation and circumstances involved. Demotion wouldn't work, as they are speaking out from a low rank already. Shooting them in the face will just anger them more and their kin will be back spewing more of the same emotion filled speeches.

It will not really change much, people will feel what they feel and most will speak before thinking. The bottom line in this thing of ours if you do not agree with how something happened or how you have been treated, "rank up and do something about it".

He sparks another cigarette, dropping that one on the still growing pile as He continues to watch and listen.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Street Speech, how do you feel about it?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL