Get Timers Now!
X

May 02 - 07:33:27
Page:  1 
On The Streets and OOC Avenue Started by: WALTERWHITE on Oct 13, '13 19:32

Earlier today I noticed a piece on the Streets entitled "Picking Up Women! Volume 1"

Further reading confirmed my initial suspicions that this was nothing to do with the politics of this thing, the structure of this thing, the personalities of this thing or, in fact, anything to do with this thing of ours.

So why is it in the Streets?  It shouldn't be in the game, but if it must, then it should be in Outside Avenue.

It is puerile gibberish, it has no place here, in my opinion.  I think it shows this community in a bad light and the author in particularly awful light.

Your thoughts?

Report Post Tip

It's in the streets for the same reason that any other in-character discussion or interaction might be in the streets.

Report Post Tip
Technically my latest street thread was a bunch of useless babbling too...Would that mean to your standards that it belongs in OOC?
Report Post Tip

I feel the bear thread would have been a more apt example. I don't understand how the picking up women/men aren't in character? Because they lack random point flamboyant italics highlighting them smoking an infinite amount of cigarettes?

Report Post Tip

OK, in reality, would a leader of men, a CL, a man of honour and respect, come onto the Streets and talk about sleeping with a woman's sister after trying to "puck her up"?

It's just sooo stupid.

Report Post Tip

No delivered that speech as No, not as Sanction. You can see references to bodyguards and all that jazz plain as day. It is perfectly in character for exactly what No's family is supposed to be. There is nothing remotely OOC about anyone's reaction to that thread except your own.

Report Post Tip
I am not paying you for advertising my thread by the way WALTER. Thank you, though.

Maybe you should take to the streets and beg for money again?
Report Post Tip

In my personal opinion, someone should just put Walter down before he causes them any real trouble, just saying.

Report Post Tip

The truth is if NO wanted to explain in great details his sexual conquests and exploits on the street as long as in character it would be within parameters.  People may not want to read it, see it or be part of it(while others will) as long as in character is all that matters no matter what people write even if a pile of tripe.

Report Post Tip

OK, in reality, would a leader of men, a CL, a man of honour and respect, come onto the Streets and talk about sleeping with a woman's sister after trying to "puck her up"?

It's just sooo stupid.

Reply by: WALTERWHITE at Oct 13, '13 19:37

Actually, yes, they would. It was pretty much a 'rule' in the New York mob that on Fridays were 'girlfriend' nights and Saturdays were 'wife' nights. In the history of the American mafia, girlfriends, mistresses, 'comares' - whatever you want to call them - have been quite central figures.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Yawn...

Report Post Tip

Walter, have you any past lives?

If not, quit talking like your opinion is the *DESPERATE* voice of the community.

Report Post Tip

Walter, if the streets only talked about new leaders setting up, district/city policies, or wars, this "thing" would get boring quickly. Mobsters did have lives, and they were far from saints.

I can respect the fact that you feel that the topic was a bit much for the streets, because that's your opinion of things. However, I can't respect the fact that you would put down someone or denounce the topic entirely because you thought the topic was stupid.

You said the topic wasn't " the personalities of this thing". What would be some of the personality traits, then?

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
If it's IC, it can go in the Streets no matter what it is. Unless it's spam for the sake of spam.
Report Post Tip
what bugs me is modern equipment in the business districts, these should be deleted.
Report Post Tip

yeah.

I hate those new damn automatic pistols...

Gimme a six shooter any day...

and don't start me about ICE!

Report Post Tip

well modern gym equipment and  ak-47s etc in posts was two i noticed recently, others were standard 2000-2013 military kit.   Is plenty of sites to set out weaponry of the age which doesn't take long to look, same with beers in bars etc

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For Non RP Talk About The Game (AKA OOC)
Replying to: On The Streets and OOC Avenue
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL