Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 04:41:10
Page:  1 
Cray Doesn't Shine Shoes Anymore Started by: Cray on Oct 28, '13 18:51

The supermarket in the neighborhood where Cray grew up looked smaller than he remembered. As the Don drove past the busy store he thought back to when he was a kid and his first job was delivering groceries. It was the only legit job he ever had. When he was fifteen years old he started running errands for mobsters in the neighborhood and made more money for one day of work than for one week at the supermarket.

The errands lead to riskier jobs making more money. Cray worked hard and did anything the mobsters asked him to do. The work and the money flowed nonstop. The sky was the limit until it came crashing down. When Cray was nineteen he was arrested during a speakeasy raid. The arrest for a small time crime lead to a judge throwing the book at him with a five year prison sentence for being in possession of a stolen gun, a large amount of cash and a kilo of cocaine.

The young mobster did his time and learned more about the business from the old timers serving twenty to life. When he was released from prison Cray returned to the streets of New York to work with the same people he use to run errands for. One of them introduced him to Katherine who invited him to work with her and organized crime boss, Paul_Klint. Cray didn't know what to expect when he accepted the offer. He laid low for a few weeks, kicked up money to the boss and hoped he didn't get shot in the face for hiding who his ancestors were.

Looking back Cray was surprised he lived so long, became Paul_Klint's Right Hand Man, earned the rank of Don and made as much money as Godfathers for drug runs. He never thought he would achieve so much. Other than being a successful mobster Cray's personal life also turned out better than he expected. He was married to smart and gorgeous Corky, had four perfect children and a sexy mistress in Chicago. Life was good for the dapper Don. He didn't think it could get any better, but he was wrong.

Cray walked into a speakeasy that was two blocks away from the house he grew up in. Over the years the speakeasy was often raided by the police, but it still stayed open for New York's most wanted criminals. Two of them were waiting at a table for Cray.

"Hey bro." The Don greeted Paul_Klint and shook his hand then turned to the young man at the table and shook his hand. "Good to see you, Absolute."

The three men ordered a round of drinks and exchanged small talk for a few minutes. A loud argument at the bar made them stop talking for a moment.

"This place will never change, it's like the streets after a war." Cray commented and took a pack of cigarettes out of his pocket. "The first time I came here two goons were yelling at each other." The mobster went on to tell his friends about an argument he heard in speakeasy when he was sixteen years old.

"Just don't go busting my balls, okay?"

"If I was gonna bust your balls, I'd tell you to go home and get your shine box."

"No more shines."

"What?"

"I said, no more shines. Maybe you didn't hear about it. I don't shine shoes anymore."

"Relax, will ya? You flip right out. What's got into you? I'm busting your balls a little bit. I'm only kidding with ya."

"Sometimes you don't sound like you're kidding, you know."

"I'm only kidding with you. I haven't seen you in a long time and I'm breaking your balls. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to offend you."

"I'm sorry too."

"Okay.... now go home and get your fuckin' shinebox."

"Mother fuckin mutt! You fucking piece of shit.... motherfucking... fake old tough guy... you bought your fucking button!"

"One of those guys was never seen again after that night." Cray said to finish the story and waved at the bartender for more drinks.

As the speakeasy became more crowded Paul_Klint lit a cigar and leaned across the table to talk over noise of the crowd. Cray listened to The Godfather of Staten Island and glanced over at Absolute. When Paul was done talking he put an envelope of money on the table for Cray to buy a headquarters for a new organized crime family.

"Thank you, Sir. I'll do my best." The Don said and picked up the envelope. He stared at it for several seconds. 'How in the hell did this happen?' he wondered about his auth.

The three men discussed details of Cray's auth and other business until a group of their friends and associates approached the table. Cray quickly stood up to greet them and tell them the good news. 

"Godfather Klint has given me his blessing to start a family in Staten Island." The dapper Don announced and pointed at young man at the table. "My best friend Absolute will be my Right Hand Man. We look forward to working with everyone in the business and making headlines in New York as Murder Inc."

Report Post Tip

Paul hands Cray the brand new, shiny set of keys to his own new HQ and smiles as he reaches out to shake his old friend's hand.

"Congratulations my friend!".

"You came to work for me at the relative start of both of our careers in this thing of ours and impressed me immensely with your attitude and work ethic. Since then I've watched you climb the ranks and build a solid relationship with everyone you work with as you take care of the important details of your position without me even needing to mention them to you like they are second nature. You truly are an asset to the district and I can't think of a better time for you to take the reigns and do what you do best with a family of your own."

Paul turns to Absolute, a serious look comes over him as he speaks but one word.

"Swag.".

The two men nod in complete understanding as Paul high fives him grinning.

Report Post Tip

Cray congrats on you're achievement I'm honored to have the chance to work with you and the master of swag Absolute. Drinks on Remy at the HQ!

Report Post Tip

Forever was walking by as he saw all the commotion in the streets. He saw Paul handing the keys to Cray's for his new shiny HQ. He quickly grabbed the nearest microphone as he has a few words to say about the recent announcement.

"Cray, you truly deserve this. Always a great person to work with. Nothing but good things to say about you. I know you will do a great job in Staten Island. Congrats!"

With a smile on his face Forever shook Cray's hand, and passed him a brown envelope. 

Report Post Tip

Absolute smiled as he thought back to the day Cray took care of that mutt , he spoke as he hugged his friend

"That guy should have never underestimated you thinking you were nothing look at you now a top dog here in New York this is very well deserved and I am honored to serve by your side here in Staten Island we shall rock this mother fucker for sure no more shining shoes it's all about the best clubs top whores and fast cars for us now."

"To our future"

Absolute raises his glass to his best friend

Report Post Tip

Congratulations, Cray. 

Glad to be along your side.

Report Post Tip

"Congratulations buddy! You and your ancestors have been my ancestors and my friend for quite some time now. I know you know what you're doing and your family will only add to the prestige of Staten Island, New York. I am blessed to be given the chance to try and fill your shoes here back in The Blue Heaven Crime Syndicate and they seem to be a pretty big shoe to fill. I know we all will miss your banter in the headquarters and I only have love for you and your new family."

Fydora tilts her Fedora to Cray before winking and Twirling on out into the night but not before shouting to the world

"LONG LIVE MURDER INC!"

Report Post Tip

What can i say Cray, our blood lines have been intertwined for a long time through good times and bad.  Congratulations and  I wish you the best of luck in ths endeavour

Report Post Tip

Congratulations on your Auth Cray. It was well deserved. 

Good to see you once again have your own crew. I wish you the best of luck

Report Post Tip

I am quite torn about this.  One side of me celebrates for all your achievements and having your own HQ.  The other side of me is crying because you left us not too soon when I got here.  Even knowing that you are just a stone's throw away makes me sad sometimes (for selfish reasons like I can't just talk to you in the crew chat).

But don't worry, we will hold the fort down just like you taught us and protect Corky, your precious one!

Congrats!

Report Post Tip

<3

Report Post Tip

Smiling at the news, Perrin walks over to Cray and shakes his hand

"Congratulations my friend. It has been an absolute pleasure working with you in New York and I couldn't be happier to see someone so deserving given such an opportunity as to run their own family. Will be great to see you really shine at something you were obviously born to do. Well done to you and well done to Staten Island."

Report Post Tip

Congratulations old friend, I know you'll do great for the city of New York and that you will help it grow even more.

Hellraiser hands Cray a bag filled with just red skittles and a note saying "you don't have to steal all the red ones now"

Report Post Tip

By the time Corky got their kids around, and arrived, she was very late to the party.  When she finally did arrive she first looked for Paul_Klint, but before she could tell her kids they were already circling their "Uncle Paulie" begging him to pull quarters from their ears.  The don spotted her husband and started pushing her way through the crowd, to reach him.

"Get OUT of my WAY, that's my husband you bums, you can shake the sexy man's hand later."

She reached her husband and pulled him close.

"Congratulations dear, I couldn't be  happier for you."  She kissed her husband on the cheek, and whispered in his ear. "Maybe later I can congratulate more, personally, later."  She gave her husband a wink before walking back to check on their kids.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,006 Tip

Congrats Cray I know you will do well you always do

It has been awesome to Work in the same city as you finally 

Report Post Tip

KrookedC was new to these shores. His family had been here for awhile but he still trying to figure out this world. Strolling through the streets of New York wasn't anything new, but how he looked at the streets now was. Walking down the street, KrookedC noticed a large crowd had gathered. Taking a place near the back, KrookedC watchs and lisens. Hearing names that he had only read about thinking it was interesting he had picked this day and witnessed this gathering. 

People were starting to take a spot in line and Krooked notices that he was indeed standing in just that line. As people moved up and said their piece to Cray. Person after person took their turn to speak and finally KrrokedC was next. KrookedC extends his hand to shake with Cray trying to think of words to say a person of Cray's stature. Taking a deep breath. Krooked finally speaks.

I only know what I have read in the papers but I probally shouldn't be next in line. I've heard you are a great leader and everyone holds you in high esteem. I wish you nothing but the best of luck and from what I have heard I think you'll do great things. 

Cray nods his thanks and Krooked steps out of line. Grabbing a smoke to calm his nerves, he gances at his watch and relized hes late for some his flight back to Chicago. Lighting his smoke, Krooked inhales deeply and makes his way to the airport and leaving Cray to deal with the large crowd and party that most be happening today.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Cray Doesn't Shine Shoes Anymore
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL