Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 21:58:42
Page:  1 
Walking Through the Streets Started by: KerryKing on Nov 02, '13 07:35

Kerry decides to take a stroll down the streets to peruse the most recent and documented speeches that have been produced.

After several moments of taking everything in, he shakes his head in disbelief. Realizing he cannot hold his tongue any longer, he steps up on his little soapbox once more.

"What, I repeat, what have these streets come to? Long passed are the days of old I see. Long passed are the days where speeches of quality and substance are praised and held in high regard. I see that clearly now."

Raising an eyebrow he looks to the crowd. 

"Eleven Auth/godfather speeches, that's right ELEVEN! Mostly poorly spoken, and short I might add.

One short but decently spoken speech.

One speech from more than 4 years ago that's still getting attention.

Two nonsense speeches of no value to our community whatsoever.

One speech that is not spoken well, but has some merit.

Two speeches, only two.. that are well done, and ones I would like to see more from the speaker/authors. Sadly, one doesn't even have a single reply." *Sigh*

*Omitted was my own speech for obviously biased reasons.*

"I realize these days the streets are flooded with auth speeches, simply because there are so many new auths. Should these really be taking up the large majority of speeches though? Not to mention four breath auth speeches and six breath godfather speeches..

What really gets me, are the speeches by people who obviously came equipped with helmets at birth, yet they get attention. Is it a case of the village idiot, where someone can not look away from his drunken stupidity? Or more so that retards stick together? Please someone, enlighten me. I hope this is only a rut in the road, I really do.

In closing I would like to commend Rhakios and Toberius for their contribution to the streets. Without people like you, I would have already lost all faith in this 'New Age'."

Report Post Tip

Meh. I was going to just keep clicking away because you know.... that is just laik sooo kewl but I couldn't resist risking a response to this magnificent masterpiece that you have brought to our fair Streets.

So... here is a suggestion: Stop fucking bitching and actually do something about this thing that irritates you?

Sure, I get the whole 'zomg, I'm from an old bloodline. Look at me nao. I am so kewl, you people aren't...old days were so much better bwahahaha' gimmic but if you actually believe it, do something about it,man. Instead you bring another '4 breath' speech, is it?  to the Streets and you expect to be judged any differently?

Also, as for the people who have 'obv got laik helmets on ze heads', those speeches are from a Right Hand Man, and if you do have an accurate memory of the 'good ole times' you might just have gotten shot for that. Sure, you didn't say which speech was from the aforementioned helmet wearing warriors so plausible deniability?heh.

As for your commendation toward Rhakios and Toberius, I am sure they are tickled and couldn't have possibly gone on living without your attention but maaaybe you should try commenting on their speeches? Nah... too much effort,right? You prefer just sitting down and crying 'zomg,bad taims'.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $1,020,000 Tip

Now now AlexMoran. You pay more than enough attention to the streets to recognize one of the four speeches that are the only speeches it is even possible for anyone to give.

We should be commending Kerry's go at it for having the bit of extra gumption to indirectly address the various speeches instead of general complaining, in that fancily formatted part of his speech. Kerry here has taken the "street speeches suck compared to some point in the past where everything was so much better" speech to a new level of life experience.

This is progress!

Report Post Tip

So... here is a suggestion: Stop fucking bitching and actually do something about this thing that irritates you?

Well, I have spoken two speeches in these streets in the 4 days I have been here. Maybe you should have thought about that before you made a fool of yourself? Yes.

Sure, I get the whole 'zomg, I'm from an old bloodline. Look at me nao. I am so kewl, you people aren't...old days were so much better bwahahaha' gimmic but if you actually believe it, do something about it,man. Instead you bring another '4 breath' speech, is it?  to the Streets and you expect to be judged any differently?

Quite unintelligible, but I think I understand the main idea you are trying to spew forth. I never once said I was "kewl" ect. Yes the streets were better in the past, that part you seemed to get through your head. As for doing something about it, I refer you to my previous statement. The four breath speech was about auth threads. Do you understand now or should I speak slower?

Pats AlexMorron on the helmet.

Or maybe you are the village idiot type.

Kerry wonders if someone has something constructive to say.

Report Post Tip

Here's a thought, stop living in the past. The past is gone, over, done. Welcome to the present. It says hi.

Now as Alex said, help make the future how you want to see the present or how your ancestor's journals recall things in the old days. Which ever you prefer or rather, which ever will help make you feel the way you did when things were perfect.

Also, to be fair I have noticed a few others that have help contribute verbally or at least have made effort. People who try to contribute and they usually don't get much response except from people that are also trying. The people that are happy with the current way that business is being conducted stay being content and happy.

Report Post Tip

Rhakios walks by and posts a note on a nearby tree. He started to sway on his heels before leaning against the tree and watching the conversation.

Lets talk History?

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/373253#5463091

"Just a little advertising, ya know? Things can get rough around here and a man could use some tip money. I have mouths to feed. MINE! Also, I'm pretty sure my boss like tributes, and I can't imagine what things would be like around here if he didn't have his designated beer money to use as he damn well pleased.

Feed the squire, people... Feed the tyrant squire."

He nods before posting more advertising noted around on the local business, nearby trees, and light poles.

Report Post Tip

So, I'm retarded now? Fucking awesome. I've always wanted a cool looking helmet. Guess I never realized I was born with it.

Now, onward to your awe-inspiring rebuttal.

Well, I have spoken two speeches in these streets in the 4 days I have been here. Maybe you should have thought about that before you made a fool of yourself? Yes.

I have made a fool of myself? All I see are two people in agreement with me in your speech. Well, yes.. you have made 2 speeches in the 4 days that you have been here. Kudos.Mad props and all that. Lets now dig into what you've actually done,shall we? You've come out here and bitched. That is all. You have done nothing constructive. You have just chosen to wear a pair of rose tinted glasses and spew forth nostalgic bullshit. Maybe it's just me but give me a couple village idiots than a nostalgic moron who does nothing better than moan about how great times were.

Quite unintelligible, but I think I understand the main idea you are trying to spew forth. 

Need a medal for that? 

I never once said I was "kewl" ect.

I never once said I was retarded nor did the Right Hand Man who apparently wears a helmet say anything about it, yet you make assumptions based on what we say. So why the fuck shouldn't I?

Yes the streets were better in the past, that part you seemed to get through your head. 

No they weren't. They were different,yes. Also, thank you soooo much for recognizing my efforts to understand your speech.

As for doing something about it, I refer you to my previous statement. The four breath speech was about auth threads. Do you understand now or should I speak slower? 

As for your doing something about, I refer you to my earlier statement. The four breath speech that was about auth threads was also a four breath speech...from you. Also, could you please speak slower? It's already loads of fun to see someone think they are smarter than they really are but when it is slow motion? Fucking priceless.

Also, nobody is going to have anything constructive to say if the very crux of your pathetic attempt at a Street Speech isn't constructive. What do you expect people to say? 'Zomg, u rite,brah. We sux dick. we needz u to lead us into zis 'New Age''? 

As for the AlexMorron and village idiot comments....well... you might need to find yourself a new insult writer. 

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip
One speech from more than 4 years ago that's still getting attention.

As it should.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

I have made a fool of myself? All I see are two people in agreement with me in your speech.

Interestingly enough, but were also rebutted by my single reply, funny how that works.

Well, yes.. you have made 2 speeches in the 4 days that you have been here. Kudos.Mad props and all that. Lets now dig into what you've actually done,shall we? You've come out here and bitched. That is all. You have done nothing constructive.

Raising questions about the quality of this world we live in currently is doing nothing constructive? Please rethink that statement. Things are resolved by asking questions. How can we make things better ect.

Need a medal for that? 

Yes please, a big shiny one!

I never once said I was retarded nor did the Right Hand Man who apparently wears a helmet say anything about it, yet you make assumptions based on what we say. So why the fuck shouldn't I?

No you didn't say you were retarded, nor did I say it. Although I thought it, and you are proving me quite right. As for a RH, I have no idea what you are talking about there. Prattle on village folk.

No they weren't. They were different,yes. Also, thank you soooo much for recognizing my efforts to understand your speech.

Matter of opinion and I gave mine, is that a crime now Alex? Are you one who stifles someones opinion, and attacks them directly if theirs does not conform with your own? If not, your actions surely give that impression.

Also, nobody is going to have anything constructive to say if the very crux of your pathetic attempt at a Street Speech isn't constructive. What do you expect people to say? 'Zomg, u rite,brah. We sux dick. we needz u to lead us into zis 'New Age''? 

Not at all. What I do expect is for people to take a closer look at our streets. This is a good start, even though my present company including yourself are lacking in a lot of areas pivotal to a good street presence.

Report Post Tip

Interestingly enough, but were also rebutted by my single reply, funny how that works.

Not really funny... just kinda.... normal? Maybe you perceive funniness differently from me.

Raising questions about the quality of this world we live in currently is doing nothing constructive? Please rethink that statement. Things are resolved by asking questions. How can we make things better ect.

Things are not resolved by asking questions,child. They are resolved by actually doing something. Not sitting and moaning but actually getting off your arse and working for it.

Yes please, a big shiny one! 

Well, I am sure I can arrange for one.

No you didn't say you were retarded, nor did I say it. Although I thought it, and you are proving me quite right. As for a RH, I have no idea what you are talking about there. Prattle on village folk. 

So.... the helmet was just a fun keepsake for this enormously unnecessary bullshit spill in the Streets? Fun times.

Matter of opinion and I gave mine, is that a crime now Alex? Are you one who stifles someones opinion, and attacks them directly if theirs does not conform with your own? If not, your actions surely give that impression.

Nope. Not a crime. My opinion is that your opinion is retarded. I expressed it. Is that a crime now, Kenny boi? As for the impression I leave on you.... I don't really care what you think of me or my methods.

Not at all. What I do expect is for people to take a closer look at our streets. This is a good start, even though my present company including yourself are lacking in a lot of areas pivotal to a good street presence. 

If you expect people to take a closer look at these Streets, maybe you should do something that draws them here...? Like maybe an entertaining speech rather than a pathetically nostalgic excuse for one? 

As for your opinion that everybody here lacks the ability to possess a significant street presence.... that is basically the main reason why I have made it my business to respond with such aggression(?)... your attitude that you're above all else and that your idea of the Streets is the only one that should exist..makes me fucking sick. Everybody who walks these Streets brings something to them and it is not the place of a 4 day old no name C to tell them their presence is inadequate. Hell, it's no ones fucking place to tell them so. 

Run back to your little cave. Think about what you're trying to do. Jerk it a couple times. Maybe you'll realize that while your intentions maybe be noble(I highly doubt it), your methods are fucking retarded.  

Report Post Tip

Things are not resolved by asking questions,child. They are resolved by actually doing something. Not sitting and moaning but actually getting off your arse and working for it.

Things ARE resolved by asking question, that is the first step. It's sad that people like you do not realize that.

Nope. Not a crime. My opinion is that your opinion is retarded. I expressed it. Is that a crime now, Kenny boi? As for the impression I leave on you.... I don't really care what you think of me or my methods.

So let me get this straight. *Laughs* Your opinion, is that my opinion is retarded. Then you go and repeat what I just said back to me. *sighs* So sad.

As for your opinion that everybody here lacks the ability to possess a significant street presence

Not at all, once again, please listen before responding. There are plenty of people who have great speeches in the streets and it's good to encourage them. "Present company" was referring to a few individuals who posted here, including yourself.

your attitude that you're above all else and that your idea of the Streets is the only one that should exist..makes me fucking sick.

Because I think the streets should be filled with more quality speeches rather than your everyday auth speech? Sorry if that makes you sick, that however makes me hopeful.

Run back to your little cave. Think about what you're trying to do. Jerk it a couple times. Maybe you'll realize that while your intentions maybe be noble(I highly doubt it), your methods are fucking retarded.  

Thank you once again for proving my point, it's people like you that I am referring to.

Report Post Tip

Things are resolved by just asking questions? Nope. Sure, first step... wow.. you've gotten to the first step but that's all you seem to be every doing. 'mah blood haz bin rolling arnd fer ages yo, ze streets be bad ', that's your entire act? Do you even plan on moving onto the next step? You know... the part about actually doing something about it? From where I am standing in the big yellow bus... it sure as fuck doesn't seem like it. 

As for my statement about my opinion...you obviously lack the intellectual capacity to realize what I meant, so I'll break it down for you.. I find your entire 'The Streets suck now and I am going to do ABSOLUTELY nothing about but bitch and moan' approach to be retarded and yes, I did repeat exactly what you said... why that is sad? I will have no fucking clue.

Of course, I have yet to bring anything to these Streets in the form of a speech and to be frank I have no intention of doing so anytime soon... however..your idea that only the people who start a speech or those you bring up a topic are the only ones who possess the qualities for a 'Street Presence'.. the people who respond are equally important if not more.. 

Because I think the streets should be filled with more quality speeches rather than your everyday auth speech? Sorry if that makes you sick, that however makes me hopeful.

oh no, that's not the part that makes me sick... it's your attitude about the whole thing. You know.. the point I've been trying to make since my first response...it's your overall smugness and your bitchy attitude about the current situation.. if you want something to happen, stop bitching about it and do something more constructive than 'asking questions'.

People like me? Well, cool. I thought I was all alone in despising this bitchy moany approach of yours... company always makes me feel sooooo good.

Report Post Tip

Admiral had been hanging around the streets for the past few hours as he heard KerryKing starting a speech as well. He didn't know KerryKing that well but decided to hear him out. He spoke about the activity's on the streets lately and he sounded quite upset. Moments after he finished mobsters started to reply. Some friendly, some ..not so friendly.

KerryKing, even though I don't think the way AlexMoran replied on your speech was appropriate. He does have a point! 

I would like to add that you didn't really pick the right moment for your counting and makes your argument less valid. You picked one page, one period of time and didn't even flip over to check the past weeks. We just rolled out of a massive war and every body is busy rebuilding their homes. What I want to clear out is that when you come to the streets with an point like this you have to check more then just one louzy page! Put some more effort in these stats and maybe! maybe then I will take more time to reply to your speech..So get back to work and bring me valid, trustworthy stats! Then we can talk..

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Walking Through the Streets
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL