Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 02:59:09
Page:  1 
Cherry's Way to Damnation Started by: CherryDaydream on Nov 02, '13 09:51

Cherry had been writing a novel over the years and she finally thought it was time to start sharing it. She was no longer afraid of what others had to say, she could take the criticism because she owed it to her grandmother and herself to tell her story. Without a word she made her way to the middle of the streets and laid a plush blanket on a bench. Putting down a picnic basket to the side she pulled out some water and some food. She knew she would be sticking around for quite awhile so she decided before, she would make herself comfortable. Once ready she began her tale with a booming voice that everyone could hear if they so choose to listen.

Chapter 1

Trying to listening patiently, Cherry refrains from daydreaming. She was always quite a big dreamer since she was a little girl; it didn't help that she had an overactive imagination…nor did the drugs, but that was later on, that was another story all together. She could imagine masterpieces as the fairies danced in her head, whispering and giggling sweet nothings. Telling her how utterly beautiful she was… only feeding her vanity. However, the words were sweetly pure, building Cherry's good heart with positivity that was almost magical. 

"Cherry, Oh Cherry ! Are you listening?" Not realizing that a moment of time passed her by, she sees her grandmother waving her hands trying to catch her attention. "Cherry are you there? What I am trying to tell you is important."

"Yes, I am listening grandmother." Everything to her grandmother was important. If it was so significant then why did she always have to make it so boring? How could I stay focus and offer all my attention when there was a better world out there? Well in her head of course...

Little did she know how good she had it. She knew it was a pretty good life, a loving one, more then most; she just didn't understand how much until it was too late. Her grandmother completely and utterly loved her and would do anything to make her happy and set her future. She was a selfless woman but yet still strong, she had soft fair skin but you could already start seeing her worn out look peeping out from working too hard. She was a young pretty grandmother all the same but you could see the wrinkles forming with slightly thinning hair that was cascading down in brown locks with white streaks. Aurora had to start taking care of her granddaughter when she was only one year old… Cherry's parents passed away in a fateful car accident. She was never the same after she lost her daughter but she knew she had to stay strong... for Cherry. 

"Oh child, why must you be so cute? I know my chitter chatter can be a tad boring. You are after all only a child. Come come, sit on grandmother's lap as I tell you a story." Patting at her lap she smiled down at her granddaughter. Digging in her apron she pulls out a caramel candy she knew her granddaughter loved and offered it to her. "Would you like a candy sweetie?"

Without wasting a precious moment she snatched it from her grandmother's curled hand and nodded her head rapidly. "Yes, thank you grandmother, thank you!" Giddy with excitement she sits on her lap and waits for her to speak again. Oh how she loved listening to her stories ! She didn't think her grandmother was boring; just at times when she was telling her something and wanted to play instead, she grew impatient. She always knew how to settle down though for a story. Her grandmother always knew how to create a world of her own and paint a colorful picture with her words.

"You ready child?" With a nod she flew off into a tale of wonder and deception. Listening intently Cherry went along for the ride and felt enveloped in the world that was being created before her very own eyes. Charmed by the prince and the princess, she was lost in the journey and never noticed when things started to turn for the worse. "Cherry, come back to me. Listen, you must listen now. I need you to run. Can you do that for me sweetie? Run as fast as you can and don't look back." Spouting off as fast as she could, she started to hear the car pulling up louder. Picking her up she tucked them both in the big cupboard. Worried she would not get to say all that she wanted; she continuously shushed her pleading grandchild. Her begging to know where she would be, what she would be doing... Oh if only the child knew it did not matter what happened to her, only what would happen to her sweet angel. Her whispers continued, "Do not worry about me child, the angel's watch over me. Now just keep running. Don't stop to listen and most certainly not for anyone. Stay hidden like I taught you and take yourself down to the river and up to our secret enchanted tree house. The fairies will watch over you until I make my way there. Just promise me, you will go now and never return here. If I don't show up by morning make your way over the bridge and down to Irene's. Promise now my sweet Cherry !" With a panic she shook her gently until she received a nod and a short yes. "Say it child. You promise ! You know we never ever break promises to each other."

"Yes grandmother, I promise." Without hesitating she grabbed the cereal container and pulled out an old beautifully engraved book and a dazzling embroidered purse. Tucking them in a sac, filling it with bread, fruit, and a few candies she continued. "Good. Now go now. Take these with you, hold on to them for dear life. They are important, they carry magic. Now go, remember all the stories I ever told you for they are indeed important. Go out the kitchen door and run. Oh how I love you Cherry !" With a kiss on the forehead and a tightly squeezed hug she opened the cupboard and pushed her behind the door and towards the way out. Blocking her from returning she kept the door fully extended as it hit the wall that had held the oven and counter tops so no one could see her leave. Once hearing the door open and Cherry slip out, she made her way towards the living room to face what waited for her. 

Cherry ran and ran, she did what she was told by her grandmother and never looked back. As her hair wiped behind her she felt the warm breeze hit her cheeks along with a tear. She was not sure what was going on but she knew it could not be something good. She had previous drills occur before that her grandmother insisted upon but some how this was different. She actually heard suspicious noises this time that made her skin crawl and gave her the urge to hide. She was fearful but mostly for her grandmother. She couldn't bare the thought of something happening to her. 

She should go back. Yes I should turn around now and help her. NO ! I can't do that, I know better then that. She taught me to always listen to what she says first then to just do what I wanted. It was the safest and wisest thing to do. She would proceed with how she knew grandmother would always be proud of her, if she kept her word and always followed what she said even if she was in danger. Remembering being told if anything were ever to happen to listen to what she said, to not be stubborn and just do it no matter what.

As she rambled on, talking herself out of returning, she finally came to the river. Coming to terms of having to listen, she followed the markings grandmother always pointed out towards the tree house. Soon she was lost to the world and hidden by the forest trees...

Taking a breather, Cherry picked up her sandwich and pulled it out of the bag half way. Biting down at it she licked her lips and took a swig at her pop. Not a care in the world that the fellow spectators were waiting for the next juicy details of her life story. 

To be continued...

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Cherry's Way to Damnation
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL