Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 22:40:30
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
Got Something To Say? Started by: Lulu on Nov 09, '13 11:27

I did mean descendent, thank you. I should really go back to reincarnating.

Report Post Tip

Haha no problem. 

Report Post Tip

Like i said before, this would just cause more harm than good. Look where it is getting already, arguments. Honestly this is not a good idea. It was mentioned that if you speak for them and their topic is against the current powerhouse then you would be killed for it and your CL would take the pressure. This is true as it happened before, and for you to take such a "Idgaf" towards your CL or your own life just to put some words on the street is careless and disrespectful. 

And while you all may agree getting more activity on the streets is needed (I see plenty of activity) it's not worth starting arguments and people getting killed over it. And you are not in fact helping anyone by speaking for them. All your doing is putting yourself in danger. People will come to the streets when they are ready, we ALL did. We all were there at that moment where we were nervous to start a thread or conversation. But we eventually overcame it, and you posting for them will not help them get more confident to come to the streets themselves. Again, people will come when they are ready.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Vlad I don't see argument as a negative thing. It's how we find truth, refining ideas and testing out their strengths and weaknesses by throwing them up against each other. There is certainly such a thing as unproductive squabbling, fighting for its own sake, but I don't consider the discussion here to be such.

I'm not simply after more activity on the streets. My aim is more interesting, thoughtful, vibrant and open discussions on the street. Now it may well be the case that people are already saying all the things they wish to, but if they are not I don't see how you can expect that they will eventually be ready, and come to the streets so shortly after saying people have been killed for their speech. I have not heard of people being killed for their speech, but if you are correct, or even if just the perception of this exists, there is a strong incentive for people to not come to the streets as generally they value their lives. It is not that I place no value on my own life, I just place a higher value on the world being a more forthcoming place, should that potential exist. "I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it." etc.

I definitely do not have an "Idgaf" attitude toward my CL. I have tremendous respect for both my CL and his hands, and I'm the type of person who would say so if I didn't. They are all very very skilled at this thing of ours, as well as being fabulous people. My line has been a fan of my CL's since they first encountered each other. I trust him and have always been honest with him (sometimes probably moreso than he'd have liked). I would absolutely accept any decision he made about the safety of himself/ his crew pertaining to my actions. While I certainly hope that we live in a world where people are not so inadequate at or threatened by discourse that they resort to threats of and/or violence toward someone saying something they disagree with, should that not be the case I would understand any actions taken by my CL.

Report Post Tip

Still applies.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Got Something To Say?
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL