Get Timers Now!
X

May 29 - 00:33:42
Page:  1 
My Fathers Footsteps Started by: Epidemic on Dec 05, '13 00:35

I awoke to a cool breeze blowing in through a window which had been left slightly ajar, as the curtains swayed back and forth from the crisp morning air a burst of sunshine penetrated the room. The birds we're singing and Mr. Sanchez from across the street was mowing his lawn, as I got out of bed and made my way to close the window I noticed my fathers car was still parked outside. My first thought was that he must be running late or Mr. Sanchez was out early, however, neither my father nor Mr. Sanchez we're known for swaying from their routines.

As I leave my room I decide to call out to my father... nothing but silence, maybe he was still asleep, today could be the day I wake up before my old man, I chuckle slightly as I think about knocking on my fathers door and finding him still fast asleep, he always gave me a hard time for not getting up at dawn every day like him.

I bang twice on my fathers bedroom door, hoping it was enough to wake him if he wasn't already up, "Hey, You up yet dad?" - No response so I knock again not wanting to enter his room too hastily as he was a hard ass about his 'private space' as he liked to remind me any time I would go in there. After waiting a moment I slowly open his door, from where I was standing I could see my father was still laying in bed but something wasn't right, the room was dead silent and a pillow was covering his head. Cautiously I moved towards him, my stomach was in knots and I felt sick, somehow I knew my father was dead without even moving the pillow.

"What the fuck" the words escaped my lips without even a thought as I removed the pillow to find a piece of paper poking out of my fathers mouth, my brain scrambled and I felt emotionless, someone had murdered my old man.. who could.. why...? I removed the rolled up piece of paper and took a deep breath hoping I was about to find something out about the situation I found myself presented with. To my disappointment and confusion the paper presented only a few words and an address.

'I always liked you, Rest in peace Brother'

I didn't know what to think, the man that did this knew my father? why would someone he knows do this? I couldn't think straight but I knew my next move, I was heading to find answers at the address I knew was a place my father frequently went, it was a bar my father took me to a few times as a kid, he met a few buddies from work there on a regular basis. Grabbing the keys from my fathers bedside cabinet drawer, I almost ran down the stairs as I was determined to get answers from whoever had left the note for me to find.

The journey from my home to my fathers local bar was only about 10 minutes, but this time driving my fathers car thinking about the different scenarios that could happen when I reached the bar, it seemed to take hours. Finally I pulled up outside, the place looked the same as ever, from where I had parked I could see the booth my father would sit at with his friends, only this time there was only some old guy sitting there reading a newspaper. Upon entering the bar I didn't know what to expect, there we're only a few people inside so when I entered almost everybody noticed, I felt like any of these men could have killed my father. Without knowing what to do next I ordered a beer and took a seat next to my fathers old booth, the old guy who was previously there wasn't around but there was still a hot coffee gently steaming away beside a rolled up newspaper.

"Hello, please don't be alarmed, I am here for your father" a calm yet authoritative voice knocked me out of my daydream as a man sat down in front of me, it was the old guy from the booth beside me.

I couldn't help my response as my emotions got the better of me. "My father is dead! who the fuck are you old man". I had slammed my fist on the table as I spoke which alerted the bartender who looked over curiously. The man in front of me noticed this too and simply smiled at the bartender, who then continued about his business like nothing had happened.

The old man looked at me and shook his head. "I'm sorry about your father.. he was a good man, hard working and I always liked him.. such-". Before the man could finish I flew across the table and grabbed him by his neck. "You bastard!" my hands tightened as rage gripped my body. "My father was just a..". Before I could finish I found myself on the floor looking up at the bartender who was pointing a gun directly at my forehead. "Just a car salesman?" the old man said as he leaned over to speak to me. "How... who are you?" were the only words I could muster, who was this man leaning over me, how does he know my father.

"I was a friend of your fathers, well... more an associate, we worked together, however.. your father did not sell cars" The man paused for a moment and gestured to the bartender who then helped me to my feet and told me to sit down at the booth. Before I could question the mans previous comments he continued. "Your father was a Boss in a Chicago crime syndicate over on the west side, his death was unfortunate but something he knew would come eventually which is why you are sitting opposite me. It was your fathers wish that upon his death you be introduced to the life he lived, his reasons are his own, I respected them and here we are." my mind was blown, I felt sick, if this man was telling the truth then my father was a fraud, my whole life he was just a lie, I didn't know what to do so I just sat there staring at my beer.

The man told me how dearly my father would be missed and got up, but before walking away he smiled and informed me that he would put the word out that the son of 'BlackouT' is looking for an employer. I didn't have the energy to stop him or maybe I just didn't want to. Maybe following in my fathers footsteps is my destiny. After gathering myself and downing a couple of beers I head back home wondering what life will have in store for me next and why I hadn't just called the cops that morning.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: My Fathers Footsteps
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL