Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:04:56
Page:  1 
Holed Up Started by: Grey on Dec 05, '13 20:41

I felt like My heart would pound a hole through My chest cavity as I sprinted down the alley, ducking behind a garbage dumpster to reload My pistols. I could still hear the sirens, but I may have given them the slip. I holstered My pistols, noticing sweat marks forming on My nice Italian suit. I muttered "fuck!" under My breath, cursing My need for vanity.

My breath was coming in short bursts. I was excited to be alive, but even more excited to have been so close to death...and lived. It was an exhilarating feeling, and it gave Me a rush of adrenaline. I poked My head up slightly, over the dumpster, just in time to see the first car screech into view across the entrance to the alleyway.

I couldn't keep running like this. I'd wear out, make a mistake, and it would be all over. I quickly shook the dreaded thought from My head, breaking into a dash toward the other end of the alley. I reached the street, noticing instantly the industrial site across from Me. It was more open, and scattered, but full of abandoned buildings.

I practically flew across the street, boots barely touching asphalt till I hit the loose gravel on the other side. Dammit...hard to run here without making noise. I scanned quickly for the most obvious hiding spot....a building about 30 feet away, but instead, I headed for what looked like an old house, maybe a couple hundred yards further.

The sound of sirens had filled My ears for so long that My brain was starting to think it was built in. I could hear squealing of tires as the cars scoured the area, looking for signs of Me. I could swear they sounded like they were coming from all directions. It was almost eery.

Nearing the house, I could see boards covering the windows and doors, but they looked like they were attached recently, as they did not even have signs of weather, or rot. I slipped quickly to the side of the house not facing the street I had come from, hoping to stay out of vision long enough to get inside safely. The boards on one window looked a bit lopsided, and after closer inspection, I noticed they had been tampered with, only giving the illusion of being secure, but slid away easily, giving access to the inside.

My suit jacket caught on the way in, and being as I was half way into the house already, I continued, causing a good tear to the right shoulder of My beautiful Italian, light grey suit. I once again cursed under My breath. I had expensive tastes though, and couldn't begin to say how many suits I'd already ruined from nefarious activities.

Once inside, I started taking stock of My surroundings, as I could end up spending a fair amount of time here, waiting for the search to be called off. Just as I was about to head into the adjoining room, I yanked My pistol from under My arm and spun on My heel, just in time to see the board I had climbed through only minutes ago, sliding to the side. I stood firm, pistol unwavering, controlling My breathing as I waited. I was not prepared for what I saw next...

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

I could tell that Todd was still distracted as I took the stack of cash from him.  His eyes couldn't have been more obviously staring at my cleavage where the cream-colored silk blouse opened, peeking out from my charcoal colored, fitted suit jacket.  Smiling politely, I took the handle of the briefcase and offered my hand to shake his

"Mr. Granger, it's been a pleasure doing business with you...bastard."

With that, I drew my left hand up and squeezed the trigger of my handgun, placing a well-aimed bullet right into the man's jugular.  Blood sprayed for feet as he crumpled to the floor, gagging and choking in a weak attempt to scream.  

Still smiling slightly, I replaced my gun beneath my suit jacket, smoothed my skirt, and turned to leave.  There were a few instances in which Paul had no mercy, and one of them was for drug pushers that used children to mule their product.  Todd Granger was just that, and I was more than happy to revoke his privilege to breathe.

The old steel mill was the perfect place to carry out the job.  No one but junkies and homeless people hung around anywhere near, and Ileft the guy's wallet on him just in case someone found it and needed a hot meal.  Quickly, I left the dilapidated brick building that housed the old melting machines and started across the property.  Suddenly, just a few hundred feet away, I heard screeching tires.  Three police cars were screaming toward me.

"That's not possible- there was no way that---"

Pausing only a moment, I thought perhaps that Granger might have been tailed by cops on the way to the meeting.  Glancing around, I notice a little house just on the edge of the property.  I kicked off my heels, pulled the briefcase under my arm and started running toward the house.  The sirens were coming closer, but I was fairly certain they didn't see me yet.  

I stopped running just short of the house, having stepped on a bent nail somewhere in the dirt.  Cursing, I leaned against the side of the house and looked at my torn stockings.  Watching the cop cars take the corner toward the entrance, I leap up onto the porch of the house and take hold of a large piece of wood blocking the entrance.  I give it a few yanks, finding it very difficult to move.  Finally, I place a foot at the bottom and both hands at the top and pull as hard as I can.  The board moves, and just as I slip inside, I find myself  staring at a man who has a pistol to my nose.  Stumbling back, I nearly fall back over the board.

"Christ!  Who are you!?"

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $40,000 Tip

I'd never seen a detective this young, or female, so I ruled that possibility out. Damn...she was cute. My eyes trailed down to her cleavage. Jesus Grey, focus! Hearing her question, I raised one eyebrow slightly.

I could ask you the same question, girl. Arms up, now.

I commanded, seeing at least one bulge in her jacket that wasn't a breast...she was packing heat, in more ways than one.

Report Post Tip

I cocked an eyebrow at the gentleman, complying with his request but adding a sarcastic smile.

"While I appreciate the compliment to my age, I'd appreicate it if you would address me by my name.  Check the inner coat pocket- you'll find a business card that says 'Teagan Connor- The Borgata, Staten Island.'"

When he takes his hands away, I bring my arms down and smooth out my coat and skirt, frowning slightly at the blood spatter on the hemline.

"Ugh- that's going to be expensive."

Report Post Tip

My eyes visibly narrowed. I could already tell this girl was going to be trouble. I patted her down with My free hand, only finding the one handgun in her jacket. I retrieved it, sticking it safely in the waistband of My dress-pants. Damn, that suit did her no justice. Her body was tight. I felt My heart-rate climb slightly.

I noticed by her smirk and her attitude, that she was putting more stock into who she was, and less into where she was. I reached into her jacket again, checking her inside pocket for the card, the back of My hand grazing her breast slightly through the silk. Grey! Focus! I held the card up so I could read it and watch her at the same time. The place was a bit dark, with most of the windows boarded up, but I could still make it out.

Teagan Connor- The Borgata, Staten Island

I also notice that she is visibly perturbed by the blood on the hem of her skirt....sounds like someone I know. I slipped the card into My own pocket before speaking, My tone, audibly annoyed by her cocky attitude.

"I didn't ask your name, girl. Right now I just want to know what the hell you're doing here. Keep your hands where I can see them."

Report Post Tip

I can tell that something isn't right, here.  Something isn't going the way this guy planned.  He's slightly panicky- perhaps has something to hide.  I consider disarming him, but that hardly seems necessary.  He's not going to shoot me- or the "girls."  Slowly, I raise my hands, palms toward him, and soften my tone a little.

"Ok, just relax.  I'm Teagan, and I just killed a man in the old steel mill a few minutes ago.  He's probably bled out by now, but I don't much care.  I was going off to have a manicure, then saw a heard of cop cars blazing this way.  I don't know if my guy was tailed or what, but I didn't want to be in their sights.  This was the closest cover."

With a rather matter-of-fact tone, I continue.

"Now, you can relax and put the gun down, or you can shoot me and have a lot more problems than one 'girl.'"  

Report Post Tip

My eyes softened, and I relaxed some. Perhaps because she dropped her cocky tone, or because I actually thought she was sincere. I decided, even though everything in My body screamed not to trust her, I would give her the benefit of the doubt. I holstered My gun, but kept My eyes on her. She was very easy to look at, so it was not hard.

"Christian...........Christian Grey. I guess, Miss Connor, that we are in similar circumstances, as I just ran 6 blocks after shooting 4 guys in a warehouse. I think we'll be safe here for the moment, but how about you make yourself useful and find some things to barricade that door there."

I figured what the hell, would be good to have an ally in this. I pulled her handgun out of My waistband, flipping the butt of the gun towards her and holding it out.

"Here's your gun back, and you can put it away, or shoot Me, and have more problems than one Man."

I had to flash her a bit of a smile at that one, hopefully she didn't try to pull a fast one.

Report Post Tip

The thought of shooting him crossed my mind- but it would't do me any good anyway.  I took my gun from him and smiled politely, then holstered the weapon again.  After slipping off my jacket, I begin to roll up the sleeves of my silk blouse.

"Seems you and I  have similar professions.  Here- help me with this bookcase- that will make a good start for the barricade.  There's a kind of indention in front of the door that would make it hard to move something this big from the outside.  If we can get it in there, it would buy us some more time."

Moving over to the dusty, heavy book shelf, I position myself to brace it.

"Ok- you push, and I'll guide it in."

Report Post Tip

Stepping out of the shadows finally, after having watched the circus act going on in front of him, Aaron laughs.  Already having both of his guns drawn, so as not to let either of them get any ideas, and being sure to keep a safe distance from both Teagan and Grey, he shakes his head.

"Now, as much as I'm sure Mr. Grey over here needs your help "guiding it in" I'm going to tell you it really shouldn't be necessary, at least not in my safehouse."

He shoots a look at Teagan and adopting a rather irate tone.

"Yes, MY safehouse, and I was rather enjoying a nap over there before you two came blundering in making a glorious mess of things and leading a herd of cops to my front door.  Now I have to clean it all up again!  I didn't mind the girl, because she was quiet, but then you come barging through that there window and waking me up again."

Turns his gaze to Grey, then takes a deep breath and calms his nerves again.  He tosses one of his .45's at Teagan, all still while keeping the other trained on her as he reaches for his flask.

"Hold this for me will you dear?"

Smiling calmly at her, while opening the flask with his teeth and taking a swig.  As he goes to stow it away he holds his hand out for his gun again.

"Thank you kindly?"

Report Post Tip

Looks back and forth between them...

"I'll see Myself out. I'm sure you won't mind if she stays. I'll find a back alley somewhere, I'm sure I'll be fine."

I throw on My ripped suit jacket, walk over to the boarded door we were about to barricade and throw My shoulder into it hard, it splinters...leaving Me on the outside....I hear the sirens getting closer

"Here we go again..."

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Holed Up
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL