Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 03:11:17
Page:  1 
Look Forward. Don't Look Back. Started by: Brendan on Dec 06, '13 23:14

Walking on to these Streets the blood is still being mopped up. The Gangsters are still stacked high awaiting a proper burial. But Brendan he a spring in his step. He clears his throat and addresses those present

Having survived the war I feel like one of the lucky ones. I feel like perhaps I should have died. I mean. Many men, much more deserving of life, had the life wrenched from them far too early. Men like Toberius and Tommy, friends and inspirations, died far too early. I think Cantona covered it quite well to be honest.

But the feeling sweeping me very much now is one of hope. Hope that with change comes idea and innovation. Do not think for one minute I am suggesting that it needed it. But as with all wars the death of the top allows the bottom to flourish. The sprouts of growth have already began to show. New Godfathers, Captains and Auths lead to fresh initiative and ideas. But that is only a small part of it.

What we see after a war, and what I find so refreshing, is the fresh blood that rolls off the boats. So innocent and easy to mould. A mans father could have sat in a family for 3 months and become very content in the way things are run. He will have no doubt passed this on to his son. So sometimes everything he thinks he knew isn't quite right.  The way his father worked is no good anymore and thus he must be flexible in his approach. He needs to learn new things in order to find his place in the new world and earn his place at the top table again. For after all. It's where everyone wants to be?

But that works the other way as well. The people who now must step forward to lead could perhaps try to run an imitation of the family they were a part of previously. It generally won't work. I mean a few have pulled it off but I cannot help but feel they cheated themselves out of the chance to really stamp their ways upon this world. They are a different person and usually cannot pull it off the same. At that point the members of the family will help you mould your own little niche and your own way of doing things. Without them you will never be great. Hold their loyalty and it will only make you stronger.

However the very best bit of seeing the new faces of the boats is the sheer wonder of it all. 'Whos bloodline does he come from?' That question is probably the most asked question after a huge purge of older mobsters. People trying to identify friend and foe. Which brings me to my point.

I came to these shores completely open minded. I purposely tried to ignore my fathers words, ignore the letters he wrote as I arrived and form my own opinions. I had very little idea who anyone was. I have enjoyed immensely the feeling of such freedom. No vendettas from the old days, no preconceived opinions of anyone and able to talk to everyone in the manner befitting them. It also means you are treated in accord with your actions and not what has been achieved by those from your bloodline. Something which is incredibly easy to do.

It allows you to see the other side of people. Sides that perhaps people don't see after their bloodlines had *that* argument and refused to speak again. I know myself and Cantona have discussed the fact the people will return to these shores in a manner that will not befit their rank. They must understand where they were important when their father was alive they no longer command such respect.
But what we must also take in to consideration is that it should work both ways. Perhaps it's time we can, just maybe, put aside the old differences. The petty arguments and the like to focus on what a man does in front of you instead of what the bones in the floor did to your great grandfather.

I can guarantee you this. If you live your life how I have up to this point it will be far more enjoyable. But not only that it is far more profitable. The links have been largely broken. Hands of friendship are slowly being extended. It would be a shame for you to miss out on joining this gravy train for the sake of an argument. To pass that hand by due to some minor misdemeanor and see million of dollars of profit go up in smoke would be absolutely criminal. Surely?

So what do we say? Is it time to look forward instead of back? Can you take someone on face values? Or are you that bitter, twisted and angry that forever and a day you'll hold yourself back for the sake of nothing more than something your father told you about? Staying within the pack due to sheer stuborness instead of being the bigger man, letting bygones be bygones and forming relationships which could, one day, see you at the top of the pile?

Stepping back away Brendan sees a few quizzical looks, a few glassed eyed stares but perhaps a few nods from those who have seen a way forward in these uncertain times

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $70,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Look Forward. Don't Look Back.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL