Get Timers Now!
X

May 19 - 01:17:40
Page:  1 
An undeniable disparity Started by: FutureStealer on Dec 09, '13 18:18

fs grabs a soap box and places it next to a corner in the street.  He looks determined as he steps forward.

Hi there, thanks for taking some time to hear my words.  I know that my own eyes have only seen the world for a short period of time, and my family journals don't go back that far, but I'd like to chat about a disparity I continue to read about and see with my own eyes.

At what point will the powers that be realize the negative impact they are doing to cities outside of Chicago?  Other cities are not given the ability to gain footing because the overly selfish nature of the Windy City.  When will the leaders of this world realize that gaps this large do not help anyone.  When will we, the citizens of the world, stop sitting by and allow this extremely visible shunning of other cities continue?  Or is are we too complacent jumping into the same location over and over again.

Even now, with an overwhelming majority of crews residing in Chicago instead of pushing members into related families in other cities we see the auth of yet another Chicago crew.

So consider this the first, and hopefully not the last, push from a citizen of the world asking our leaders to stop stacking one city only to doom the others of any kind of realistic existence.

fs steps down and waits to hear back

Report Post Tip

​Dripple walks upto the young chap, who is venting his frustration. 

My friend, sometimes you need to step back and watch things take it's course. Now i can see why you think this isn't helping anyone but, should Chicago just throw a new auth into a different district? As a former member of the suburbs, you have to show you're loyalty, work hard and prove you are capable of running a district before being let loose into another city. Incompetence, will only reflect badly on the city/district who auth them.

Let's not jump on their backs, i can re-assure you the godfathers have spoken and things will take shape as they see and hopefully it may just please you and the masses.

Now lets put these Citizen banners away and have a chat behind closed doors my friend. 

Report Post Tip

I think too many people take to taking a back seat and watching, and personally I'm tired of watching this cycle continue.  We have more people residing in Chicago than the rest of the cities combined.  

And, to your point about authing out of district, I think it's a different story when a family is spread across multiple cities.  In this case, why auth within the already overloaded city?

Lastly, why does Chicago need to be expaned at all?  Last I checked there were still over 50 available spaces.  

I will continue to sit here and wait and hope that the world fills it way out, but boy we are off to an awful start.

Report Post Tip
Id like to remind you of that last major war that ended most of our lives. Chicago filled quickly and the same complaints where voiced. Over people expanded and began to fill other cities. Chicago still stood head and shoulders above the rest in terms of population, but other cities where starting to thrive. As Dripple said, let things unfold, its all we can really do. We can voice our opinions and concerns all day long, but at the end of the day, only the important bold suits will make decisions to change things.
Report Post Tip

Have you never thought about the possibility that quite a few Chicago crew leaders will shortly be moving out their districts to take up Godfather roles in other cities?

Often bonds and communications become weaker as a crew moves to another city so you can probably understand Crew Leaders and Godfathers apprehensions to quickly moving out and "flying the nest" as it were. 

Report Post Tip

It's interesting you should pick, as Ragnorak has briefly mentioned, a time in which we are just recovering from a fairly significant war to make this topic. You speak as if there is some repeated and longstanding Chicago policy that has a negative impact on us all; where where these complaints when New York had a full complement of Godfathers, and Detroit along with it? The same goes for Philadelphia, with the exception of Kourtney.

I can understand you may be frustrated to see a couple of internal auths within Chicago when so many districts lie empty; but let's try and engage brain before we engage mouth. Internal auths can be made without approval. I did not need to seek the blessing from my fellow Godfathers to auth Mr. Stein, nor Godfather Luciano to auth Cantillon; or Godfather Kpac to auth Muffin.

External auths, obviously, are not this simple. They require discussion and agreement. Perhaps, and I know this is some pretty 'outside the box' thinking here, FutureStealer, but perhaps these internal auths are being made within Chicago becuase, such was the decimation in the recent war, some of the already established rankers may well be required to fill vacant districts and restore some sense of parity which is always lacking after a major war.

The alternative, of course, is that Chicago (with a majority of the Godfathers) simply take an executive decision to start authing willy nilly into other districts in cities which already have a presence - thus totally disrespecting bip, Paul_Klint and WiggleButt. Perhaps not the best option, all things considered.

Plans are in place, of course they are. Plans were in place before the war, but unfortunately the best laid plans are mocked by the cruel hand of fortune. I beg you to consider that people are generally around here for hundreds of days before the retire and send their kin afer them; a few miserly days in a period of extensive rebuilding is not the disaster you wish to paint it as.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $500,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: An undeniable disparity
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL