Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 00:45:03
Page:  1 
Questions? Here's an answer. Started by: WiggleButt on Dec 14, '13 02:58

A train wreck that Wiggle is in the morning, he still finds the way to get his suits pressed, hair did, and shoes put on the correct feet. This morning however; Wiggle did everything right the first time. Like a big boy.

Why this morning you ask? Well because it is a special day. He is making his first appearance for a while. Recently he has been so bogged up with a million other tasks that working up the motivation to address the public has been near to none. Yet last night while pounding some liquor by himself, he promised to grace the streets again.  

"Good day my fellow Mafioso's. I'm happy to be able to find the time to reward you with one of my enjoyed but not liked speeches. You know, I have fans and then I have those who would rather step on a nail then listen to my voice hit their ear drums. Both is respected, and neither has an outcome on my wanting to do so."

Smiling, Wiggle shakes his rump a little and then continues on with his speech

"So recently, people have been asking how things have been going since the chaos that recently found it's way to our shores. The blood shed, the death, and the change of command OH MY. My condolences to the deceased, it's never easy losing friends and family. Granted Todo, we are no longer in Kansas, so shit is what it is. Changes have occured and that is just how the way of our world works. You just have to roll with the punches. We here at Disco Dynasty and the Crow's Nest are trying to do just that. Now granted it takes a bit of time to establish, but it's getting there. Some plans for Philly will emerge soon enough. From contests to commentary, there is going to be enough to keep things fresh and amusing. I for one am excited."

Taking a break to chug down some coffee, Wiggle wipes his mouth dry and looks back to the crowd. 

"Now normally, I wouldn't feel the need to address much of the world about how I became to settle in this fine city, but people as of late have seemed to push for it. Asking exactly what had happened, and why. So let me clear the air for those who are really pulling their hair out and just can't sleep at night. I'm going to address the Corky situation, for that is the area where I have the most knowledge."

"Since the death of Corky, I have had accusations of betrayal, lack of loyalty and even have had my lack of activity in the public eye being called proof of humility. Silence being created by guilt and feeling fear of possible slander. As much as some of you would like that to be true it simply is not the case. After the death of Silk, Corky felt alone and upset being her dapper Don was no longer a part of these shores. She felt as if she had a personal responsibility to fight for her lover. However, she made it very clear that she did not want to put her members in risk of death with her retirement. She came to me in private, asked if I would take over Philadelphia if she was to retire from the ranks and take her own life. I plead for her to stay, after all, Corky was like a mentor to me. She raised me to the ranks in which I have obtained even after her death, none of my success would be possible without her giving me the respect and chances that she had."

"So this private conversation went on for about an hour. She had contacted other city heads notifying them that RookieA and Myself would be setting up in the Districts in her place. After our conversation and me opening the doors at Disco Dynasty, I had to attend a meeting myself in Delaware for a few hours. I was saddened my Godmother was leaving, I was saddened the way things had progressed in a matter of hours, however; I was excited to continue on in her place providing safety of those who survived the recent wars."

"Once I returned to Philly after my three hour meeting, I saw that Corky had taken things in her own hands by going to New York shooting Remy and Absolute. To my surprise, RookieA along with Fydora had followed suit. I had received not one notice of her plans other then her retirement. I was rather disappointed by seeing Fydora as well as RookieA involved in the matter when they had spoken to me about Corky's retirement and how bothered they were that she was leaving our shores.  In the midst of the attack Corky left her battle by taking her own life leaving Fydora and RookieA to fend for themselves. Saddened by the suicide mission they ventured on too, and after given the keys to the city to preserve those left behind, I felt it irresponsible of me as a leader to risk the lives of those I had taken in. Hours later, Fydora and RookieA were no longer." 

"Left with shambles in Philly I was then tasked to rebuild a broken city with no help or support. Which to this day I am happy I have. I have amazing people in this city, from my own members to those at the Crow's nest. Those of which have known the task at hand was a large one yet has worked so hard around the clock that it really has been a sight to see that those on the outside looking in hasn't had the pleasure to witness. I couldn't be more proud of the group of individuals I have had the pleasure to call my family. I can't wait to see what the future brings for this city, not just for me mind you, but for the community."

"Like I stated, I didn't feel it was a necessity to address the events in which I have, but I hope it answers some of the questions that those who have tossed accusations my way, might have had. As well as anyone else who may have been curious. Thank you very much for your time."

Stepping down off the podium, Wiggle found a sense of relaxation after covering the subject matter and returned to his Head Quarters where Gambit awaited for a meeting.  

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $200,000 Tip
A great example of a man who didn't need to share the backroom wheelings and dealings of his business with the masses, but chose to anyway. I for one appreciate the explanation, if for no other reason than because it satisfied my own curiosity as I had no vested interest in the reasonings or actions themselves. Still, speeches like this keep the community informed. To WiggleButt's point, people will make their own assumptions when no explanation is given. Cheers WiggleButt for telling your side. I don't envy you in your task to rebuild a city without the numbers that other cities and districts have, but I wish you luck nonetheless. Salut
Report Post Tip

I am glad to be working for you Wiggle! :D

Report Post Tip

Assassin is walking down the roads and looks around him. Since he had gotten off the plane from Chi at the

PHI aireport, all he could see was a bunch of rubble where nice buildings usrd to sit. Suddenly he stumbles on a bit of armor that looked to be of the type that belonged to his late father. Picking it up he puts it in his bag. He continues walking and see's a small crowd gathered around Wigglebutt. 

ty for your explanation. It is always respectable to try and re build what was broken. Good luck.

Report Post Tip

WhereWasI sighs,

Your title made me think you were calling all questions, WiggleButt! I wanted to fight for myself and my question brothers and sisters against you answers people but now I've heard you speak and am sad to know there will be no such battle here today...

WhereWasI holsters his battle wrench,

As for those who would accuse you of betrayal, I feel this speech won't do as much good as you hope because when someone refuses to search for answers to questions like "Why is he still alive if his Godmother died?" and they make assumptions they're generally coming from a skewed perspective from the increased likelihood of that being a pattern. Many people who don't search for answers to questions will have other false assumptions and then you're dealing with someone coming from a perspective of false (or at least false in your perspective) premises... in other words someone convinced A is not A (or it's fully red but not fully red... it has to be fully red or not fully red) and you're reasoning with someone that will think any logical explanation given from your perspective or a neutral perspective is a lie because it doesn't match their underlying premise.

Again, thank you for your openness and honesty in the matter, I truly hope it falls on the ears of those the message is intended for.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Questions? Here's an answer.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL