Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 01:54:51
Page:  1 
NY! NY! Started by: Roquelaure on Dec 17, '13 00:23

Roquelaure takes in a deep breath as she walks into the crowds that have flooded the streets. Many people are yelling different things at those that have entered in the running for New York, and braces her own self for the onslaught.  Finding herself a bit to short to even see over most he people, she finds the empty soap box and stands up on it.

I recently have heard of an opportunity that after speaking to my crew leader I have decided to try for. I don't take this decision lightly, and it's with a lot of complex feelings that I come here with this decision.

Let me first start by saying, I won't make any promises that I can't keep.. I won't say that I will do wonders for the city of New York. I will say I will try my damnedest and that each and every person that comes underneath me will be treated well, fairly but expected to work hard. I won't ask people to do things I myself wouldn't do. I aim to lead by example, and to be able to teach those that have just stepped foot here how to survive and thrive.

I also will not come here to buy your votes or talk ill of those that are against me. Everyone's thoughts should be on what is truly best for New York as far as those voting. If you think someone else is the best then vote for them. If you think I am then vote for me. I don't sugar coat the fact that I want this, but I also want what is best for this thing of ours.

I wish everyone in this good luck, and I hope to be standing with you in the end while we work on  rebuilding the city of New York.

Report Post Tip

Skilgannon sits on some stairs relaxing with a few of his friends, he overhears Roquelaures speech and nods silently to himself. Impressed that someone would be so frank and honest about their intentions. Realising he is last for an appointment he stands up and walks over to Roquelaure

Congratulations on your endeavour im sure you will do great

He then picks his way through the crowd hoping that he wont be late.

Report Post Tip

I know you will do well, but Willow needs to be Right Hand Dog. 

Skips around and pets Willow

Report Post Tip

Atrocity heard the campaign then approached his old friend

Well Roquelaure what can I say are bloodlines have worked together in the past and you have always worked hard and done well New York needs somebody like you I believe you can do very well and help rebuild Staten Island to it's former glory I am glad you decided to enter and I wish you nothing but the best.

Atrocity then made his way back into the crowd and started to skip with DeadlySpikeS as they ate their big meks

Report Post Tip

Crime families in New York surely needs to be reestablished. Business must come back to that city. I wish you well in your plans of venturing in that city. Great oppotunities awaits everyone who sets up there. It may need hard working and dedicated businessmen and women to bring that city back to it's glories but I'm sure those who will be setting up there already knows what lays ahead.

Report Post Tip

Roquelaure looks upon all those around and nods. Seeing the fleeing SkilgannonTheDamned she winks quickly and gives a sly smile at his graciousness. Looking back to everyone else she can't help but give a slight giggle as she looks down at her faithful border collie.

Don DeadlySpikeS you do have a love for animals. She hands him a bone to give to her companion and smiles as she watches Willow sit and wag her tail wildly. So do I!

Atrocity your words are very kind and all i can say is I will give it my all, but I alone can't do it. It takes a team, a team of great people that can work together and strive for the same thing. THE CITY! It's nice to see friends of my mother. Thank you! Thank you very much.

Taking a deep breath she looks up at bboydurante and then slips a smoke from her pocket. The amount of work that lies ahead is a lot. It will mean many of sleepless nights building and working on things, but as a group many things of greatness can be achieved. A person can do alot, a group can do more, and to be able to restore New York to her greatness it will take a group. Backtoshootpeeps is an amazing addition to the city of New York and with that I truly believe it can only get better.

I suppose time will only tell what will happen, but those willing to give it their all can only achieve greatness.

Finally finding a lighter she gives it a quick flick igniting the flame and then takes a long drag off her smoke.

Report Post Tip

bboy smiles at Roquelaure...

Ahh..."give it thier all"...that's what New York needs right now...and I'm sure if all that will be seeting up in that city will do that then New York will be buzzing with business in no time. And yes...they must be working together too...the rise and fall of a city depends on how those residing there works with each other.

Report Post Tip

Roquelaure nods at bboydurante as she snuffs out her smoke.

That's exactly it to be very honest, and I can't say I would have ever said it better then that myself.

The words he spoke hung in her ears as she smiles having faith all that reside their even if it isn't herself will do just that.

Report Post Tip

Roquelaure will not be sleeping... She'll be putting in all her effort for this... She'll become full vampire like no one else. It'll be kinda cool.

Report Post Tip
An old ally, confidant, and friend stepping onto the platform to chase a chance at success. I wish you well my friend, perhaps the votes will smile upon you!
Report Post Tip

I've heard a lot of good things about you.

Your stance here hasn't convinced me of any need to vote for you, whether it has for others who knows, but from what I've heard from my friends you are someone that would be good to see amongst the victors.

I wish you well in the contest

Report Post Tip

As Emeritus was reading the speech, something caught his eyes: 

I will try my damnedest and that each and every person that comes underneath me will be treated well, fairly but expected to work hard. I won't ask people to do things I myself wouldn't do. I aim to lead by example, and to be able to teach those that have just stepped foot here how to survive and thrive.

He mumbled: "How subtly kinky..."

A few minutes later a loud voice was heard from outside. The voters moved to the side as they saw Emeritus approaching...  holding a sack of carrots and a bottle of olive oil in each hand.

Where is she? I'm looking for Madame Dominatrix who was looking for people with foot fetish to teach, to put to work and treat well?

He starts to take off his cloths, carefully folding them and putting them on the side, until he was only wearing nothing but his underwear and his socks...
He then picked up the bottle of olive oil and the carrots and started walking towards where he thought Roguelaure would be..

- "I'm here mademoiselle, I have carrots and olive oil, lets become friends."

Report Post Tip

Hey sweetie, I would love to see you in New York kicking some serious ass. Therefore I've chosen to cast one of my votes for you, I hope its very well received

Smiles

Report Post Tip

Staring wide eyed at those speaking she can't help but get a small laugh as she looks at GodFather DeadlySpikeS.

Vampire like... I do like the ring of that, but sadly some sleep will be needed every couple of days, but as I have promised I will truly put all my effort I have into rebuilding this city and working along all the victors. There truly is a great bunch of people that are running for these positions, and I'm happy, if I win to work along side of anyone of them to achieve great things for the city and district.

Hearing Ragnarok speak her eyes twinkle a bit as she makes her way to him to give him a hug. My mother had told me very much about you and I'm so happy to see you here, and it's amazing to have a friends like you and many others here!

Stopping suddenly as she listens to a voice intently she nods. MarshallMathers.. I can understand how you can say that. I suppose I am simply going with that I will try, and try, and try and never give up. That trying isn't really aimed at anyone thing to be honest as it encompasses working with those other victors, rebuilding the city, and caring for those that decide to perhaps work under me. I appreciate the kind words from you and I wish yourself well and all the luck in the world to whomever you chose to give your votes to.

Noticing what was coming towards her she tried to sneak back into the crowd. Help... Please help... Her voice was quiet as she bumped into a few people and feared the carrot and mostly naked man coming towards her. Finally hearing his voice over the crowd a bit she stopped and pulled her head out from behind a stranger. Emeritus??? Oh lord what are you doing? Get your clothes back on!

She couldn't help but laugh though as she leaned over to JesseWellens and winked. Thank you hun so very much!

Report Post Tip

G takes a puff of his cigar as he works his way through the crowd. He approaches Roquelaure and takes her hand before saying

Roquelaure although this competition isn't my cup of tea I am glad  to see you stepping up and making something for yourself. From the journals passed down to me I have seen that you would make a fine leader and I hope you get your chance to shine.

Good luck

Report Post Tip

Roquelaure smiles as she looks up at G_man.

Thank you! Your kind words mean a lot to me as I have heard many great things about you as well, and that you were a good friend to a few of my ancestors.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: NY! NY!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL