Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 29 - 06:06:41
Page:  1 
Am I good enough? You decide! Started by: Telkin on Dec 17, '13 16:28
Telkin rushed around his loft in a panic, how had he let the morning of elections come without making sure his name was down on the ballot!? Scrambling to get all the paperwork he'd been working on ready in time, he accidentally spills coffee on the draft speech he'd written the previous night just in case he'd decided he did indeed want to run. Cursing his luck and sprinting out to the streets, Telkin made his way to a soapbox where he stood clutching his chest momentarily.

"Please excuse me for a moment while I catch my breath. It seems my alarm clock bit the proverbial bullet overnight and thusly, I was forced to sprint my ass down here."

Telkin slows his breathing down to a regular pace before lighting a cigarette. Sure, he'd just been out of breath, but he figured a stray bullet would kill him infinitely quicker than the cigarettes would. Sighing, he blew a thick cloud of smoke through his nostrils before turning his attention back to the crowd.

"So, as many of you have probably guessed already, I've decided to throw my name in for contention to become a leader in Staten Island. It took me quite some time to come to this decision as you can see - I'm tossing my name in the ring with barely any time to spare."

"What is it that I believe qualifies to me for this...position? Well, flipping back through my families books last night I realized my lines first ever shot at being a CrewLeader was in New York, ages ago under the infamous and godlike ThomasRourke. This spawned a thought process for me, on just how damn well my line has done in leading a crew in the past. The records don't lie - CaptainBubbleBeard of ages ago in LA filled his HQ with members in a mere three days, and hadn't gotten one complaint from members or other leaders in his entire run."

"Starting out a few weeks ago, I was Left Hand Man to Cantona, and I learned a bit from that experience. I learned that you cannot rule with your heart, but rather with a level head. Were it not for him teaching me this, I wouldn't even dream of entering this competition. I feel a strong noble leader should be able to make quick decisive moves in the best interest of not only his crew, but his city as a whole. This often cannot be done when one is following the heart."

"As a leader in New York, I plan on restoring stability and unity to at the very least Staten Island, though I can say with absolute certainty that whoever occupies the other districts there will be met with open arms. All too often recently we've seen inner-city drama/bloodshed leading to dozens if not more in the Funeral Home, and I for one have had enough of it."

"I will still for respect, dignity, and well - quite a bit of fun. As most of you know I'm one of the more active folks out in the streets and business districts, and if elected I promise to continue this trend. Whilst it is understandable that not every leader is comfortable, or able to be as vocally active as I'd like them to be, I will not be one of those leaders who was talkative before gaining a Bold suit and then goes mute after having attained it."

"If elected, I promise to protect, honor, and fight for my family until the bitter end. From the highest Consigliere to the lowest Thug, they will all receive my respect and attention. Nobody would feel shy approaching me in my HQ, and I feel like that's something that's been lost on this world. All too often people flirt around their Sponsors, or RHM for fear of angering their leader. I'd like to squash that in my HQ, given the chance."

Telkin wiped the sweat off his brow, flicking his long since finished cigarette behind him. He'd hoped he made a fair few points, but knew this was only the beginning of his campaign.

"These are only a small amount of things I believe qualify me for this position, and once I've some more coffee in my system - perhaps a nice joint or two, I will visit these Streets again with more on my campaign."
Report Post Tip
JonnyBeRed looks up and proclaims his opinion to anyone who cares to listen

Telkin, sir, you have been a mentor to me since I arrived on these shores. You have my support and endorsement. You, sir, have what it takes.
Report Post Tip

How would you feel about losing the coveted #1 position on the VIP rankings if you left for New York. Or do you believe you're the sole driving for behind the top position? Also despite frequently telling everyone of your continued loyalty for Chicago and making it thrive do you potentially look to leave the city last minute on personal endeavours? I just hope you're doing this for the right reasons Telkin and not to prove any points to anyone. I look forward to hearing your responses before I cast my precious votes.

Desmand drinks something and eats something else and smokes another thing whilst chuckling and doing stuff with beavers or something.   

Report Post Tip

Telkin.

I fully believe that you are indeed, good enough. So far of those pounding the streets for votes I would have to say that you are my #1 choice. I look forward to seeing how things play out in this contest and I hope to see you amongst those that are victorious.

Vote Telkin people!

Report Post Tip

I really liked the way you came off, plus you're a dear friend to me.

You have my support as well mate.

Report Post Tip

Telkin, Working with you has been quite an experience. I have a nasty feeling that I'm going to loose that VIP first to you if you get this, But i'll just have to work on that.

VIP joking aside, You are a driven and dedicated member of this society, and I fully believe that you will take that drive and dedication to Staten island with you. I look forward to seeing your work as a crew leader, and will miss having your around the HQ. But I have no doubt that you will take your place among the crew leaders of new york with pride, and that you'll make then proud.

Vote telkin!

Report Post Tip
Well, first off let me excuse myself for this delay. I've been tied up in business elsewhere for the last few days and have not been able to free up any time in my schedule, despite my best efforts. Moving forward to answer some questions; I know that I'm not the sole thing keeping West Side in first place, however I do know for a fact that I'm a large contributing factor. Losing first place isn't terribly much of a big deal.

As for my last minute reasons, those aren't public for a reason. It's a little thing called Omerta. Yes, I love Chicago. That shall not change even if I'm so lucky as to obtain a new HeadQuarters in New York. I believe I can do better work elsewhere while still representing a lot of the thoughts and ideals from the West Side that helped to mold me.
Report Post Tip
I'm not going to lie Telkin, there is a piece of me that wants to see you win this. We have known one another for years, but Ive never been active when youve had a bold suit. This piece of me wants to see how you do under the pressures of leading, how you handle things, and to see if you can succeed or not. Alot of people really seem to believe in you, so I want to see if they're all right. Dont get me wrong, I'm not doubting you, I just want to witness it with my own eyes, ya know.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Am I good enough? You decide!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL