Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 04:06:16
Page:  1 
A question for the candidates. Started by: Mr_Schieffer on Dec 17, '13 22:29

Good evening Ladies and Gents! We have such a wonderful assortment of candidates that I am really excited to be following this event.  I do have a few questions if you would grace us with your answers so that we may get a better feel of your views.

This question is for Aaron_Mckeever, Telkin and Roquelaure.

• Can you think of a scenario that calls for you to back your personal family over that of the district or godfather?

This question is for Anarchy, CowboyCarlGrimes, Gonzo and VincenzoBonanno.

• Can you walk us through the story that makes you the most proud of someone that you or your kin have taken under their wing and trained.

This question is for Honor, Redrum_ and Yobssarg.

• Can you share with us a moment in the past where your own personal morals have been tested, but regardless of personal feelings, you stayed the course and did what you were asked to do for the betterment of the family, but at great personal cost.

Than you all for your consideration and I do hope that this will not place a burden on your busy schedules this week.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

Mr_Schieffer.. Roquelaure walks over to him and shakes his hand. Not sure I have gotten a chance to meet you yet. I'm pleased, and I'm glad to be able to answer your question.

This exact scenerio you speak of has happened in the past, so I can understand why you are asking it. But I can't see a time that I would honestly do that as whomever makes it to a godfather position, I trust has the interest of the entire district at heart. To be a godfather is one of the hardest thing that I have seen for many people. They get bombarded with mail, issues and have much more to think about then one crew. They have upwards 80 plus lives to look out for with each being important!

I'm not saying though it couldn't happen but I personally can't think of a scenario spefically off the top of my head of it.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $1,000,000 Tip

Anarchy walks back to the Podium and smiles politely

I and my kin have not been in this life as much as everyone else but I've always tried and maintain  certain amount of respect within this thing of ours, you either hate someone, love them regardless you should still respect them and I like to teach people within this thing of ours, the lost wayward souls that regardless you should always respect a person no matter how you feel until they give you a reason not to respect them.

Anarchy would then leave the Podium and sit back down on a chair

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $250,000 Tip

Aaron smiles as he sees Mr_Shieffer approach candidates asking questions.  He greets him with a firm handshake and a pat on the arm.

"I see where this question would come from mate.  It is a tough question, because of how it's worded mostly.  Can I think of a scenario?  Of course I can, any good leader should be able to imagine any possible scenario, and have a plan of action should it occur."

"Now, that being said, such a scenario only occurs in extreme situations.  It's not something as simple as money or political gain.  It's instead a scenario I'd hope never to see in my home district, because ideally, the leader of that district would be able to consider all sides and points of view before making decisions that would impact the crews underneath them, and find the most beneficial route on their own."

"Does that answer your question mate?"

Report Post Tip
Honor waits for the others to answer before taking the stage

Thank you for the question Mr_Schieffer. Multiple times in my life I have been asked to do things which I didn't agree with, but I have done them anyways because I was explained why it had to happen. I have lost multiple friends over things I have done to better my city, my district and my family. I would do them all again without hesitation as it did turn out for the better. A few years ago I was to shoot out a window behind a friend of mine, I didn't take the wind into consideration. I was still new to these shores and still learning how things operated, it was a careless mistake and it took a friends life away from me. This mistake has never happened again and it never will I guarantee you this. Thank you for allowing me to speak today, I appreciate it, have nice day all.

Honor tips his hat and walks off of the stage.
Report Post Tip

Thank you for taking the time out of your day Mr_Schieffer to ask us the candidates questions of your own. The question you had asked from me was to give a story of one of my proudest moments training someone. I've had the opportunity to run an organized crime family more often then a lot with my bloodline. Having a long line of family that have worked in organized crime for a long time I know how important it is to give your family the attention needed. I go out of my way to let the new life know that they can be as successful as they want to be and to take full advantage of the knowledge I can give back.

Reading back through my families lineage I came across the story that had made me most proud to know my forefathers did what they could to take care of others. Reading through the passage it went way back to when St. Louis was still an active city for crime. One of my great grandfather in BostonGeorgeJung became Godfather of the city at the time. Once it was time for the Godfather to take his place at the top of the crime tree in St. Louis he knew he had to find his predecessor. He had worked closely with a man called Batman back then and knew that he was the right man for the job. 

Having someone you know you can trust 110% with anything is priceless around these parts. Our family lines had worked together for what seemed like forever and we basically started together around the same time. With BGJ's opportunity to run a family in New Orleans he had the chance to work closely with Batman and train him to be ready to take over the family when the time came. With my family lines first Godfather my grandfather had also been given the chance to have his best friend and confidant Batman take over the reigns as his captain for the first time.

That is something that will forever be remembered as my proudest accomplishment within the confines of these cities. Thank you again  Mr_Schieffer for the question and I appreciate the chance to be able to speak in front of everyone.

Report Post Tip

Well to be completely honest with you this is my longest account, my bloodline arrives on these shores at bad times and unfourtantly gets wrap up and killed in a war. With my current life i can't think of anything as drastic as you make the question seem. Those I'm loyal to I die for. That's always how I've been and how i will continue to be. I don't switch sides when losing a war I stand and continue to help my side however i can and if the ship goes down I go down with it.

Report Post Tip

Yobssarg walks up to Mr_schieffer and shakes his hand before addressing the people.

First of all a thank you to Mr_schieffer for the questions, you certainly are keeping us candidates on our toes. And a thank you to all the people hearing us out. Now let me answer your question with a short story.

The last time my personal morals were tested was during the last war, if you would even call it that! Was more like a slaughter.

I found myself with no Cl (Who was in a coma) and a lot of dead friends fast. I was the equivalent of a lost child looking for its mother, confused with no idea what was going on and left with no instructions on what to do. Luckily for me tho a fellow New Yorker put out his hand and took me under his wing. He filled me in with the details of what went down.

I was left with a choice... Avenge my family and die swiftly.

Or stay with New York as it is now and help rebuild with the family that was left.

Well I decided on the latter, but never got the chance to act on it.

Why?

Sadly, my new Cl got sniped, another casualty of the war. Again poor lil Yobssarg was left with no family.

Yobssarg takes a look around and hears the weeps of the people.

Don't worry folks! There is a happy ending!

Ahem.

So there I was, a broken man with broken wings, no friends and no family. However I seemed to have one thing...Luck

A stranger from Chicago approached me and asked for a chat, I thought this was it. The end of my life of crime. He placed his hand on my shoulder and told me not to fret because the war is over. It's a new dawn.

"What about New York. Who is going to rebuild it?" I asked.

The stranger glanced at me before walking off. "Another time my friend, play your cards right and you might get your chance." 

So I turned my back on a crumbling New York for the time being and I pledged to myself that I will be back to wake up the city that never sleeps.

Fast forward to the present day. 

I have received that chance I was waiting for. I have received the growth and training that was needed.

I have received the support from my new friends and family. (as well as a few angels :p)

My fellow mobsters who have not voted for me or remain undecided I implore you.

Put your faith in me! and I will show you what this new blood can do!

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A question for the candidates.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL