Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 03:12:04
Page:  1 
Plain and Simple Started by: Roquelaure on Dec 18, '13 06:53

Sometimes I suppose things need to start out simple.. No long introductions.. No puff of smoke.. Just plain words. I'm sitting here looking at everything in awe. Happy. This competition has brought a new life to these streets that Ziva has even mentioned. It's invigorating and healthy. 

I'm not here to really harp on that per say but I'll say I hope to try to keep it that way. I just as many have read in my blood line's history about busy streets, and bustling bodies running back and forth. Opinions vocalized, thoughts expressed and many stories told. While this is about New York this is also about this thing of ours, and I hope to bring some of that life back.

Literally sitting here smoking my cig, I smile also at the opponents I have. Everyone trying in their own ways to work for the common goal of one winning a position a wonderful city that has saw many issues lately, but also for the common good of it. That after all is why we are here.. To make it better, to grow it, to build it up to where it was and surpass that.

Can I do that for you? Not alone.. A single person can't build a city! It takes families, it takes groups to restore something! When I say I will try my damnedest it's simply because it's all I can do. Those that join me and those that work alongside me also are a massive part of it. One person can have a title but a family, and all those in it are what make it great, and what grow a city and make it thrive. I guess I wanted to simply explain that. I truly believe in every individual that belongs to a city and their importance, and every Crew in it.

Have our bloodlines crossed paths? Sure.. I know many of you that my mother, grand mother, great grandmother and so on knows, has talked to has trained a time or two. Does that mean you owe me anything? No.. I didn't do that for you, but I'll do it for the next person and the next. I remember journals of people my great grandmother has worked with and when they or the family died her heart literally felt like it broke. Is that me? No.. Can I say I'd feel the same for the city of New York? Yes.. theirs a certain level of caring that can't help but be have for those you surround yourself. After all the word family doesn't mean nothing.

Am I here because I want your votes? Absolutely.. I can't say this isn't something that I haven't thought of for a while. To have the ability to watch people thrive and to watch a city grow is an ultimate goal that I can't say most wouldn't want. Is it simply because I want to win.. No but yes. I want this just as much as I want a lot of things in this world, but is it for the sheer ability to say I won know. I want the hard work, I want the ability to step back and say look at what she (the city as a whole) has done.

I can sit here all day and say I can do this and I can do that, but a city and a family is never an I.

Lastly for all those that have casted their votes for me. A massive thank you. I never expected what I have seen from this, and it makes me truly happy and excited, and all I hope to do is make you all proud, those that are dear friends, those that I have never crossed paths with and even those that we have had spats here or there.

Thank you!

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $10,000,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Plain and Simple
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL