Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 19:57:13
Page:  1 
20 questions and beyond Started by: Roquelaure on Dec 20, '13 04:16

Roquelaure cracks open a pack of cards and starts to shuffle them. She watches them slide in between each other as she stops and pulls out a card. Looking at it she sighs and then slides it back in the deck. Repeating the same thing over and over again some how managing to pull the exact same card everytime. She thinks how odd it is and then flips all the cards over and glances them. Realizing they are all the same,  she glares at the cards.

Now why the hell would a deck of cards all be the same.. She takes the cards and slides them in her back pocket thinking maybe they might be useful later.

Looking at those that stood around she thought back to the cards quickly and she pulls them back out.

Ok so there's a few of us trying to compete for Staten Island. None of us are the same and all of us differ in one way or another. It does seem that from speaking to most of us running that we are all willing to work together for the common goal of New York, but many things about us differ greatly from person to person. From the important things down to the smaller ones, if you the people are to truly choose the leader you want to see from this bunch then you should get to know them..

Some of us are older blood like myself, and some are newer but have you been given an oppertunity to ask us the questions you want, and to get to know us?

Roquelaure pulls out the cards again and places 9 of the cards face up. Looking up at all those watching, she carefully brushes her hands over the cards and watches as they all turn to different cards. Picking up a single card that stayed the same she smiles and whispers.

This  my card.. Get to know me?

Report Post Tip

Zinner looked and listened to Roquelaure as she spoke and was amazed at what she just had done with the cards. Zinner saw the card she showed the crowd and thought about something.
She had heard what the others had said about why you should pick them and what they would do for Staten Island, but she still didn't know about this woman, so now Zinner took the oppertunity and asked.

"Why should we vote for you? What would you do for Staten Island and how much experience do you have unlike the others? How would you describe yourself and what is your best qualities?", Zinner watched as Roquelaure thought of the questions she just got.

Report Post Tip

Roquelaure looks over at the voice come from in the middle of the crowd and heads towards it. Finally spying Zinner, she gives a warm smile and then plops down on a small box that sat next to the women. Pulling out a smoke she fiddles with it in her fingers for a bit as she starts to speak.

Where to start... Well I guess I will go in order from what I think I heard?

As far as why you should vote for me. Well that I can't answer you in all honesty, I can throw you a reason or two here of there as to why I'd like you to but each individual has their own reasons to vote for someone. Your own personal reasons are yours, so because of that I wouldn't tell you why to vote for me. Sorry if that's not quiet the direction you wanted, but it's my honest opionion.

Now on to what I would do for Staten Island, that is something I can speak for. I plan on bringing it together in a complete family atmosphere, where just like the other we do work together. I'd love nothing more then to be able to come to the streets weekly with competitions, stories, and/or perhaps a paper that highlights those great things all the individuals are doing in the city. I want to promote lively hood, interactions with those in the district as well as the city, and above nothing else I want to be able to know the people at bare minimum in my family and the district. I don't want to be just a leader, but someone that each individual knows cares about them and is actually there for them. I do believe that while there is an I in family.. there is more of a WE. I can't make promises as to what I will do though as only time will tell, but I know that it's something I will strive for, live for and die for.

As far as my experience. Well I personally do not have much. I am just like everyone out there. I deal some drugs here and there, am active in the jails (although I do try my damnedest to avoid bubba.. he's not a character I enjoy having dealings with..), and I try to tribute what I can to my God Father! I do how ever have a bit pasted down from my great grandmothers, grandmothers and mother that I have read about.. Some I would like to encompass in how I deal and do business, and lets be honest some I don't so much. My blood lines have twice years ago been a leader of a few. Once as Misery months under a great crew leader, and once as Draven were there was a very poor set up that as soon as she set up  the leader of the city was sent to war and she was killed only hours after, but both were at least 2 years ago. A few of my bloodlines have been hands to god fathers and other various tasks for either the leader of a family or the god father/mother of a city. One thing I will say I will take from each of my history's bloodline is the factor of caring. Years upon years ago, there was a Don named Doyle and I remember reading logs as to when Nichola (if I'm not mistake) was his right hand and how she sat there at their final moments not caring about herself but upset because she couldn't save those that were under her. I'll also take the spirit of my great great grandmother Immortal with me that stood and fought countless hours along her God Father and those that had lived through the first wave of bullets that hit them fighting till the bitter end. She loved that city so much and had spoken of nothing but so much togetherness and family ties during those times in all her diaries.

As far as my best and worst qualities.. Well they are both the same. I care! I care about those individuals I surround myself with, and I have a drive to help them succeed and to succeed for them, as well as myself. A drive that, while I don't know if it will end up worst, I have read that can lead to it. I also have a belief in the older way of how things work, this can be both bad and good. By saying that I mean making sure people have things they must have and do before they get to be a part of the "made circle", just by simply bringing me enough drugs in hand doesn't mean you'll ever get it. I believe in posting, helping those around you, and making sure I have that persons loyalty to myself and the city. I won't myself nor let my hand press any button with out knowing that individual worked for it no less then the others in the family.

I can sit here  and keep talking but I hope that perhaps I was able to  give you some insight on me and answer the questions you had?

Drawing in a deep breath she realized that she had never lit her smoke, and she pulled out a match and struck it on the side of the box, then quickly drew in a puff  of her smoke.

Report Post Tip

Zinner watched Roquelaure as she spoke and answered Zinners questions. 
She liked what she heard and even though this was her first time meeting Roquelaure she was impressed with what she heard from her. She tried to think of something to say, but couldn't say anything except how pleased she was with the answer.

"Thank you Roquelaure for answering my questions. It has pleased me and gave me much to think about". She told Roquelaure.

Report Post Tip

Roquelaure, I have a question, not just for you but for all of the competitors...

From what you have seen on the streets and even on your front doorstep from the other competitors, besides yourself,  what two would you most like to work with and why?

Report Post Tip
Now that is a hard question! Everyone of the competitors are very good for all reason and to be very honest I h would happily work with any of them. But if I had to chose two... ID have to say Telkin because his history lines and I have worked well together and Mckeever because he also is a friend that I have had my history entertwine.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: 20 questions and beyond
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL