Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 23:43:52
Page:  1 
Home Stretch Started by: Roquelaure on Dec 22, '13 01:33

It's almost all over and time to actually begin the work... Roquelaure pulls out a small flask that she pulls lightly to her lips, and then takes a swig from slowly. Slightly wincing at the sharp taste of the whiskey on the back of her throat, she relaxes back into her spot. Pulling out a smoke and looking over at the competitors she holds her flask up.

It seems like this has lasted years, the anxiousness of the past few days. None of us really knowing how things will turn out. She looks at the votes that have been cast and takes in a deep breath as she crosses her fingers in hopes hers doesn't drop.

While we have finally entered in the "home stretch" as I suppose I can say, I know that anything can change at any moment. I am sure all of us know that it can. To everyone that has voted for me, thank you. Thank you very much. I have gotten to get to know many of you a lot better through this competition and I'm so grateful for that!

To my competition, I'm very happy to have been able to talk and get to know you as well. I hope to be standing there with you in the end, but if I am not.. Congrats! Everyone here has worked diligently getting votes in their own manner and each has earned their spots.

This competition, while it hasn't been as some had hoped, has been everything I have hoped it to be. Thank you God Father council for allowing this to all happen!

She looks back over the days and smiles, as she thinks of everything she had heard from everyone that surrounded her. She continues to smile thinking of how she has grown from the entire experience. Everything had made her think back to who she was and how she would do things if she had the chance to have a family in N.Y and she smiled a bit at still having hope to be able to have that chance.

To N.Y. and those that in the next just over fifteen hours will be able to work for her best interest, the best interest of all those that reside in her, and to those that will love her.

She held her flask up as she looked around and spoke and then afterwards again she brought the flask to her lips and took a large swig not wincing as she swallowed.

Report Post Tip

Aaron meets Roguelaure as soon as she finishes then holds up his own silver flask and toasts to her, before taking a drink himself.

"Here's to you miss, and to the rest of New York.  May the winners of this competition treat her how she deserves.  The city that is, they should treat you, well, like I treat you."

He smiles with a halfway crooked grin then lifts his flask for another drink.

Report Post Tip
Telkin grins and wraps his arm around Roquelaure, looking forward to their likely partnership that would start in the morning. He lit a cigarette for himself before hugging her briefly, his mind going off in a million different directions. As Roq had said, there wasn't terribly much time left until Voting closed. It seemed she had a solid lead in first which was alright with Telkin, as he'd wanted to work alongside her ever since he'd heard Roquelaure had put her name in.

"Things should indeed be interesting these last few hours. I've got a feeling many of the 'determining' votes of the CL's and GF's haven't been tossed in yet, which leaves extraordinary room for fluctuation in the polls. As it were, looks like you've got first locked up tight Roq and I congratulate you! I'm looking forward to working alongside you, should I be so lucky as to maintain my current position."
Report Post Tip

Roquelaure can't help but let a small laugh escape her lips as she listens to Mckeever's last words, but as her laughter stopped she raised her flask again and nodded to him with her thoughts hoping that they all could end up being winners.

Telkin.. Roquelaure stepped up on her tip toes so she could rest her arm on his shoulder. That congrats comes to early, my friend as you never know what will happen through the night, but thank you. I look and hope to work along with you as Telkin and to be in that winners circle as well.

Report Post Tip

Well done to everyone involved and my personal congratulation to Roquelaure on being the front runner from day one. Your hard work looks like it is going to pay off and I respect all you have brought to our cities gaining an amazing amount of votes. If I am so lucky as to achieve a spot in Staten Island it will be an honor to work alongside respected mafiosos and mafiosas in our community. 

With that being said I would also like to thank everyone that took the time to believe in myself and cast a vote my way, it is much appreciated on my part. 

To those who still haven't cast a vote, it's not too late and there are some great talent out there. These are exciting times for the district of Staten Island and I appreciate the chance to be involved.

Best of luck to everyone.

Report Post Tip

Yobssarg sees his competitors discussing the current election and how it is nearly at the end. He walks up to Roquelaure and shakes her hand.

Roquelaure well done being on top throughout the whole competition. You deserve a spot in Staten Island! And to the rest of you I must say you truly are the adversarys, all though hopefully soon I will be calling you family.

It's been a quite the journey for the whole lot of us and a fantastic learning experience if I don't mind saying so myself. Nevertheless in a few hours the real adventure is about to begin! The rebuilding of New York has already started but soon some of us will be able to lend that helping hand to get the gears of the once great city turning once again. 

So let me finish by saying thank you...

Thank you to the God Father council for giving us the opportunity to help rebuild New York.

And thank you to everyone that has voted along with the others who are yet to vote.

Report Post Tip

It's not over yet and at this point it becomes pretty unpredictable. Let's us hope who ever are the winners, treats New York the way she deserves to be treated.

Anarchy would then raise a cup up and bow his head

May the best win.

Report Post Tip

Vinny raised a glass of scotch quietly as always and gave a smile to Roquelaure.

Perhaps im to much of a realist but I call it like I see it and like I said before good luck to you in New york may you have a good run. and to the rest of my compatriots may we all prosper and live well salute.

Giving a nod and half bow  Vinny took a sip of his scotch.

Report Post Tip

Roguelaure smiles at all her competitors and raises her flask.

Just over 8 hours left.. She smiles as she looks at everyone still trying so hard yet still working together and realizing each others hard work.

Good Luck!

She lets out a slight hiccup and covers her mouth after taking her last swig from her flask.

I think perhaps the wine would have been a better choice for me.. Her cheeks turn slightly rosey as gives off a small smile.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Home Stretch
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL