Get Timers Now!
X

Apr 28 - 20:14:35
Page:  1 
Whatever It Takes Started by: Aaron_Mckeever on Dec 22, '13 01:43

Aaron was enjoying a quick lunch with a few trusted friends he’d brought to New York with him on business, when a man knocked on the window beside them then rushed in the door and up to the table.  Aaron lifts a hand and shakes his head, instantly stopping the two men who had started to stand up already.  The stranger reaches the table and stops, bending over and catching his breath.  “You’re Mr. McKeever right?  You and your lot are trying to move over here to New York and take charge right?”

Aaron looked at the man, almost in disbelief.

“Well, you’re mostly right, I am him, and I am trying to find a new home in New York with a few friends, as far as who takes charge, well, I hope that’d be a joint effort.  Who are you though?”

The man looks up, then pulls out a notepad.  “I’m just a local reporter looking for a story, mind if I steal a bit of your time?  See, I’m a supporter, I want you to come here, along with a couple others I’ve heard about, but we need what you guys do in this town.  Without you guys to keep them in line, the corrupt side of the justice system wins out and ruins our lives.  I just have one question though, it’s the popular one.  Mr. McKeever, what will you do to help Staten Island?”

Aaron smiles, then shakes his head and takes a drink of coffee, and waves the waitress down ordering one for the reporter.

“Well, that is a heavy question, one which I have given lots of thought to, and one which I can’t answer how you would like.  I’m sorry but that’s just the long and short of it.  You see, my people, “this thing” as some have come to call it, this, collaboration of businessmen, we succeed and fail by a few simple rules.  One of those rules states that it’s bad business to talk about business.  Does that make sense?  I have thought long and hard about what I’ll be able to do for this district, and even the city as a whole.  I have come to three conclusions.  One, I’ll be able to do plenty to help; two, I don’t think it’s wise to share the inner workings of my would be organization with anyone not directly involved; and three, everyone will know if I’ve done something because my signature will be all over it.  Now, with that being said, I still have an answer to your question, one simple statement.  Whatever it takes.  It’s simple, but it says volumes.  Nobody needs to know every detail, all they need to know is that everything I do will be for the better of the city, the district, and all my friends and family I’ll keep close to me.  There is nothing I wouldn’t do to make New York and Staten Island a better place for everyone living in it.  Those three simple words are all the details anyone needs to know what myself and my friends will do to help Staten Island.  If you go track them down later, I’m sure they’ll tell you much the same.”

Aaron smiles, stands up and finishes his coffee, then leaves a couple hundreds on the counter for the waitress, tips his hat to the gentleman, and heads to the door.

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Whatever It Takes
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL