Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 09:46:12
Page:  1 
A new city, a new adventure Started by: Hayley on Dec 24, '13 04:47

After putting the finishing touches on her shiny new HQ, she heads to the streets.  As she steps out of her limo, she takes a swig of whiskey before heading to the podium.  With Naenia by her side, she steps in front of the small crowd. 

As you all may have heard, Ares and I have moved to New York, Queens to be exact.  After a blessing from Solastalgia, we have been given this wonderful chance to build up the district, make it once again a thriving place.  Yes, this has all been explained already, so why am I here?

First, I want to congratulate Ares on his new position of Godfather.  He has worked hard and I am happy to see him where he is today.  And because the darling Ares has achieved this rank, I will be taking over his current family.  I also want to thank Solastalgia for everything that he has done for us.  It was great working with you in Chicago, we appreciate everything. 

Working closely with Ares and the rest of New York, we hope to make the city and district a great place to work and play.  I hope to create a friendly environment where new gangsters can feel welcome, a great business district, and overall something we can be proud of.  I also believe we should help our young gangsters to learn and grow, and I will gladly give advice or help to anyone who needs it.  I will have an open door policy concerning communication, and encourage any of you to come to me with questions, concerns, or just a friendly hello.

So I now introduce to you The Fallen Angels. We are excited to be given this chance, and look forward to working with all of the current and new leaders.

Thank you for your time.

She starts to leave the stage, then turns around.

Oh, and to celebrate, I want to invite everyone to one of our local NY businesses for a drink.  All drinks are on the house, paid for the the wonderful Solastalgia.

She winks at Sola before heading to her limo.

Report Post Tip

Cody steps forward and starts to give Hayley a very nice gift of the finest champagne he could find

Hayley congrats on your well deserved promotion I can't wait to stand beside your and a little behind you and help you make Queens a great place to run your family. I am honored to be apart of it and am looking forward to doin whatever I can to help

Report Post Tip

Naenia leans slightly on Don Hayley as she says what needs to be said, her eyes focused on the flask of whiskey rather than what passes for a crowd of mobsters. Having been a sounding board all day for this street speech and having the entire thing nearly memorized, like a good book that has been reread often over the years, she wasn't in the slightest bit interested in hearing it again. It did help that her lovely Don did bring a pre-celebration bottle to share, even if she was greedy enough to have a more than fair portion of it to herself. Snapping back to the present and scolding herself for wandering away from the current event, she peers out at the crowd more intently. Despite the desire to do a different form of wander off (explore the city!), Naenia continues to keep tabs on those that showed up as well as anything out of the ordinary. Doing her part, she muses. Smiling at a random thought, she nabs the flask just as Don Hayley wraps up her speech.

Ignoring the brief glance sent her way, Naenia nurses her drink and waves to the crowd as Don Hayley returns to the limo that brought them.

“Ello not so gentlefolk. I know you all are looking forward to returning to your life of corruption, granny robbing, and small time extortion that leaves thousands without means of living on the meanest crumbs. So, I shall be brief. I have my own morally questionable work to return to.”

Chucking the, sadly, empty flask into the slowly dispersing crowd, Naenia clears her throat. “First off, the Don appreciates the welcome to NY. Moving can be quite the experience. Further, I personally would like to also share my glee at being able to help continue developing another parasitic criminal undertaking in this fine City. It is my personal goal to raise a small band of decently competent poker players that are capable of helping Consigliere Landslide lessen his pockets while, at the same time, being fat sheep for me to fleece."

Grinning, with sharp eyes showing no trace of intoxication despite the previous comment, Naenia waves off the crowd as well as the limo still waiting.

“Time to outdrink the Don. Again. After a good walk.”

Report Post Tip

Diesel steps up and congratulates the new leaders, Y'all deserve it!

Report Post Tip
*Swampie kisses miss hayley on each cheek.*

Congratulations! I know you will be an awesome crewleader! Good luck in your new venture.

*She hands Hayley a dozen roses and a bottle of vodka.*

I bought this for you with money I earned the hard way, yep...right out of WwWw's pocket.

*Swampie curtsies politely, and then skips off giggling. *
Report Post Tip

Courage pops out of a sewer and yells "SURPRISE!", a few people jump back, but one particularly angry man slams him in the head with the back of their pistol. Falling down into the sewer, Courage lays there for a while, just staring up at the sky from up above - feeling somewhat dizzy and nauseous, he sticks up one of his thumbs and yells up into the crowd.

"Congrats to everyone involved... now goodnight." 

Report Post Tip

When all of the commotion had died down around Hayley, Blaise gave her a sealed envelope. "Told you that I would come through," she said as she gave her the money and the pictures.

"I think you will need this to make sure everything goes smoothly..just in case you run into trouble with some of the locals. Congratulations on your new bold suit!"

Blaise walked Hayley to her limo. "I'm sorry I couldn't get you anything good to drink as a present, but you know how picky I am about quality. I'll find out who has the goods though, and I'll bring it over to headquarters personally."

Waving, Blaise watched the limo pulled off. She then turned around and walked the way she had came from, ready to get back to work.

Report Post Tip

Tony smiles as he walks up to congratulate Hayley.  He looks at the crowd and members of The Fallen Angels nodding to them.

Congratulations Hayley you also worked hard and I'm glad it paid off.  I wish you the best and hope that we can continue to do business.

Whatever you need, no matter what; I am here to help just ask.

Shaking hands Tony steps off to the side so that others can also congratulate Hayley on her promotion.

Report Post Tip
Telkin rushed over to the street corner, wondering what all the commotion was about. He'd just left one gathering of people only to find another group here. Listening in on the conversation, an excited smile spread across Telkin's face. He may not have personally talked to Ares too much, but he was rather good friends with Hayley. He walked up to the newly Bold Hayley and spread his arms out wide to embrace her.

Congratulations, my friend. I'm quite looking forward to working alongside you and Ares again.
Report Post Tip

It was a pleasure when you first introduced yourself on arrival to New York and the plans for the future of Queens, it was nice to see a clear agenda of a family who has been allied to mine through the recent good and bad.   I look forward to watching your family grow and the development of Queens and New York.

Congratulations and Good Luck

Walks back to his car with his favourite bodyguards Bert and Ernie

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A new city, a new adventure
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL