Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 08:27:43
Page:  1 
Retirement of the Garde Impriale Started by: Kpacumup on Dec 24, '13 17:33

Kpacumup leans back against his chair in the office he had so much history in, this was the chair in which so many decisions had been made in the past. In his lap laid a letter from the old country, calling him home once again. He had been travelling back and forth quite a bit, and each time he went back he stayed a little longer, leaving his world in the Loop behind. In his absence his hands, crewleaders, and members have continued the family operations without missing a beat, he couldn't be more proud of them. He recognized that his commitment to that other world was beginning to grow, and it was time to step down and let someone else take the helm of the Loop. With that decision finally made, he sent a messenger off with a fish.

--

A soft knock is heard at Kpacumup's door. "Come in, and have a seat", Kpacumup calls out to Penquin. "Penquin, I called you in here today to tell you that you've done an amazing job as my captain here in the Loop. After much consideration, and sleepless nights, I've made the decision to step down as Godfather of the Loop. I plan on coming back here often, but my obligations in the old country continue to take  me away from here for lengthy periods of time" Kpacumup puts up a hand to halt Penquin from protesting. "Rest assured, I've considered this path very thoroughly, and my mind is set. And you know how stubborn I can get.", Kpacumup says with a smirk. "Penquin I think you're ready to take on the role of Godmother of this district and I'd like to see you take that role as soon as possible. You've worked so hard for so long, and I know that I will be leaving my district in more than capable hands."

With his initial speech complete, Penquin and Kpacumup begin discussing the details of Kpacumup stepping down. This discussion lasts for hours."Okay, enough!", exclaims Kpacumup. "I think we've got the main things covered now, but from here on in, Penquin, you are the Godmother of the Loop. These are decisions are for you to make now, and I know you'll excel in this new role. Congratulations!"

Kpacumup gives Penquin a warm hug before she leaves his office.

Kpacumup looks down at the phone sitting on his desk, and realizes there are still many calls to make. As he sinks down into his chair he reflects back on all the great times he has had working with those in the Loop, the excitement of competitions, the thrill of wars, and the sense of pride when Vienne became Godmother in Black Bottom and just now as he saw Penquin take on the role here. Kpacumup picks up the phone and begins to dial...

Report Post Tip

The Loop - Reorganises. 
To say that today is an interesting day for our world and The Loop especially would be an understatement.

For me personally and I think many more it's a day that comes with a lot of mixed feelings. 

Anyone around long enough knows of Cpt-Harris, the first godfather of The Loop that I worked for, starting right during a war. Cpt-Harris decided after the war to auth Kpacumup, a young ambitious mobster. With Romain (GRHS) as his RHM and Rothchild (GRHS) as his LHM Kpacu set up in the Loop. Not long after, I moved there too. When Rothchild ended up being kidnapped by Marla Singer and nobody was able to get him back safely from Delaware I took over as LH. In that setting the crew was ran for a very long time, until the fatal day Cpt-Harris died. 

At that moment it was time for Kpacumup to step up as succesor of Cpt-Harris, as godfather of The Loop. I then started my own crew The Purring Penquins, right underneath Kpacumup. This is the position I was in until today, until today. Kpacumups' decission to step down has been a difficult one, one that brings an awful lot of mixed feelings with it. First of all, to see someone you've worked with for so long take a step back saddens me but at the same time also creates a massive amount of respect at the same time. Sometimes letting go is the hardest thing to do and for the Kpacumup has my utter respect. This semi-retirment also created oppurturnities, obviously for me but also for the Loop as a whole. With two great people already in bold, G_Man and Muffin, I can focus only more into making this district shine from my new position. Perhaps in time even another auth. In time though.

Lately I've been wondering, what is it that makes The Loop so special in my eyes and I've gotten to the conclusion that it's the diversity of people that does it. We've an amazing bunch of people, each unique. Cliche? Sure. But so true (which most cliche's are). 

My successor Ratman. Authed.
One of these special and amazing people is Ratman, the woman who has been my RH from the start that I set up. Now that I'm in a godfather position it means someone else has to take care of the majority of my crew, now there is absolutely no person more fit for this job than Ratman. I'll be shortly making my official auth announcement speech into regards of this. 

The future
So where will this journey take us? I don't exactly know yet but I have good faith. As a godfather my main focus will lie in two areas.

1. Management of my district, I'm a firm believer in letting people move around on their own feet but anyone ever been active within an upper structure can awknowledge stability and clear processes are an absolute must. My focus within that will not lie in telling everyone how it's done but finding ways that work for everyone, within and outside my district.
2. Maintaining contact with the other Godfathers, cityheads and crewleaders. Right now I see an amazing group of godfathers working together into rebuilding and maintaining our world. That I want to be part of. Love or hate their ideas, they're putting in the effort that deserves respect. 

Rest me to thank Kpacumup for giving me this oppurturnity. My respect.

May you have any questions into regards of these events, know my igloo is always open for questions.

Have a good day.
/Penquin
*woooooooooooooooooooooooooosh* 

Report Post Tip

Roquelaure can't help but hold her breath a little as she catches word of the God Father Kpacumup retiring from his position. Thoughts flooded through her head as she finally exhaled deeply.

Kpacumup. I don't know where to even begin. Thank you first and for most for everything that you have done for me and allowed me to do. I honestly couldn't have ever imagined when I first came up to you in the scraps of clothing that I had that I would be where I am today. You and the city of Chicago gave me a place to call home, and to grow and thrive, and then after that you allowed me to go on my own venture and to work with other great people in N.Y.

Enjoy your retirement sir, or at least the best that you can even though your still on business. You couldn't have left The Loop in better hands.

God Mother Penguin is an amazing person and mentor to me that I have always respected and looked up to.

Report Post Tip
Kpacumup it must of been a hard decision after working to where you have got to to step down, but being the leader that you are you've realised that you wasn't in the best position to lead our city as you have done.

You have left the city in very capable wings and I am sure the bird will do you proud.

Enjoy your semi retirement and I am sure we will catch up in that damn igloo Godmother bird has had built.
Report Post Tip

Standing outside Kpacumup's office door as it swings open and Penquin begins to exit, Beelzebub wipes away a tear slowly rolling it's way down his cheek, unsure whether it was a tear of sadness or a tear of happiness and pride as he clears his throat to address the duo.

Guys, I have a couple of words to say, if I might? Kpacumup, I'd like to start with you - it has been an honour working for you and forging such a strong alliance with such an amazing man, not to mention; a closer friendship than I ever expected ours to be. I'd like to thank you for all the assistance and guidance you've provided me with during our time together. My only request of you now is for you to enjoy your guilt-free visits to the old country, my old friend.

As he embraces Kpacumup in a warm, and reassuring, yet manly, masculine hug, he notices Penquin shuffling awkwardly and ends the embrace with a firm slap on the shoulder then turns to face Penquin.

Pingu, from your first tentative steps in the Imperial Guard, you've been nothing but a friend to me. You're a friend and a mentor to all the baby mafioso who wash up on these shores, and I know you'll make a fantastic Godmother with an incredible crew behind you to help, should you require it. With change comes new opportunities and prospects, and I look forward to assisting you in making the moves that cement the loop in the ages of time.

As he pops the cork from a bottle of fine Champagne, he begins to pour the overflowing bubbles and subsequent liquid into a couple of mugs on Kpac's desk, passing the cups to both mobsters before raising the remainder of the bottle in a congratulatory gesture, Beelzebub proudly announces a toast to the end and beginning of two amazing eras.

Report Post Tip

You have been a significant part of the reformation of this thing of ours and has always been a pleasure working with you, though this decision took me by surprise, i hear is not the first time the thought had crossed your mind.  I am sure your insight will benefit society still and your experience can help guide those newer to our shores.

Report Post Tip

Kpacu you have done a spectacular job holding The Loop together after the late Capt. From logs of my ancestors, you have served The Loop well, even giving my current GodMother the opportunity to shine as a leader. What you have done for us, I will never forget. You might not have always been around, but you knew about the business that was being taken care of. You were on top of things, even when you weren't about! In the short time I knew you, I have come to respect you very much! 

Thanks for the opportunities GodFather! I wish you the best as you move onto take care of matters past this world. And you could not have chosen a better person to takeover the business of The Loop. I am sure GodMother Penquin will make you and all of us very proud! Congratulations Penquin....I guess its the colorful rainbow Loop now!!! :)

Report Post Tip

Assassin is spending some time in the windy city, something he hadnt been doing to much of as of late. he hears about the stepping down of a man that he had come to respect so much since they were together in the older pre-may war suburbs of Chicago under Deadpool. He was very shocked to hear the news of his friend stepping down from being Godfather.

"Kpacumup our bloodlines go back a ways and no matter what i will always consider you a friend and I wish you the best on whatever path you may choose to stroll down."

Assassin turns and looks at Penquin with a mixture of of love and admiration.

"Penquin when we first crossed paths we had gotten off on the wrong foot. After spending time chatting with you in the coffee shops we eventually got to be friends and got to know each other slightly better. I know you will do great things for not just yourself but for Chicago as a whole. You know where to find me should you ever need anything."

With his mission over in The Loop coming to a close he departs after giving both parties involved a bottle of the finest whiskey and a box of cigars back to his home city once again. 

Report Post Tip

Kpacumup, I would like to thank you for the fantastic job you did leading The Loop for such a long time, I was here to witness it from the very start and have to say that the way you managed to continue The Loop's run is pretty damn impressive. as such, I thoroughly enjoyed my time in The Imperial Guard as many others did. What you did for the loop was something that showed you are a capable person, however, choosing to step down after realising that the old country visits had an impact on your leadership is something that expresses that even more. And for that, I'd like to echo Penquin, you have my deepest respect, old friend.

I would also like to congratulate Penquin on her new Godmother position, I've been with you for quite the time as well and know that you'll continue to make The Loop proud of what it is today and in the future.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Retirement of the Garde Impriale
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL