Get Timers Now!
X

May 16 - 03:30:17
Page:  1 
Steal cash? Win cash! Started by: Telkin on Dec 26, '13 04:38
Telkin stumbled out of the cab he'd taken from the bar with a grin on his face. Ahhh the Streets, a place he loved with all his being. He received some strange looks from a hobo as he walked up to a soapbox, presumably because of the horrendous odor of alcohol emanating from his clothing and breath. He stopped for a moment, wondering how much he'd actually had to drink if the odor of alcohol was offending a hobo.

Shaking his head, Telkin stumbled onto the soapbox and decided that standing was entirely too much of a daunting task for him to successfully complete in his inebriated state. Lighting a cigarette, he scanned the random folk milling about late at night. A broad smile spread across his face as he witnessed a man ever so carefully reaching into a woman's purse, pulling his hand out with a fat wad of cash. The man turned his head and happened to see Telkin watching. With a sly smile, the man raised his pointer finger to his lips clearly indicating for Telkin to "Shhhh". Telkin nodded, he was certainly no snitch - drunk or otherwise.

As his cigarette burned slowly, Telkin thought about the concept of PickPocketing. He didn't want to bore the masses with the same old droning of whether it should/shouldn't be allowed, so instead he let his intoxicated mind wander for a different aspect of it. Blowing a few smoke rings into the air and giggling as he fingered them into oblivion, a stroke of brilliance flashed across his brain. Aha! He thought to himself, I shall hold a competition! Deciding that his voice would carry much farther if he were standing, Telkin used his hand to help push himself into a vertical position. He managed to tip over the soapbox in the process which caused him to fall down. Absolutely lost to a laughing fit, Telkin had to wipe the tears from his eyes before he stood up properly and began to speak,

Hic...Okay, so since I've yet to sleep it's still hic! technically Christmas, right guys?!

He looks around, seeing people nod and shrug as if the logic made sense.

In the spirit of hic! festiv-hic-ities, I'd like to propose to you all a competition! Now, I know there's hic! plenty of debate to be had about the correctness of someone being "PP Friendly/Unfriendly", however this is not one of those. I personally am very not hic! caring if folk grab a few grand a time from my pocket, if they've got the skill to do so.

Telkin closed his eyes for a few seconds, shaking his head like a dog trying to dry off its ears. The world was still spinning slightly as he opened them, but he continued anyway.

That having been said, here's what I'm hic! proposing.

So, you think you're a badass? You think you've got the skill to win a competition amongst thieves? I am opening up my pockets to all the avid PickPocketers out there - from here until Jan 01, 2014 at 00:00 - try to steal as much money as you possibly can from me. I can guarantee I do NOT Mug, so if this is the only thing keeping you from not participating, please reconsider. This is open to anyone and everyone!
Now, you might be thinking "Telkin, what will we win? How will we know hic! who has the most?!" Both very good questions! It will be up to the individual to keep copies from their good friend Potato(OOC: your little blinker fella), and provide solid (OOC: Screen Shot) proof by Jan 02, 2014 00:00 of how many times you stole from me, and the amounts. Totals will be added up that night, and winners shall be announced the following morning. Now, hic! the exciting hic! part!
The payouts will be as follows:
First place (Most combined money stolen) - Will win 15x the amount of money they stole! So, to clarify, if someone in total had stolen $100,000 in total, and won 1st, they would receive $1,500,000.

Seconds place (2nd most combined) - Will win 10x the amount of money they stole!

Third place (3rd most combined) - Will win 5x the amount of money they stole!

The person who succeeds the most amount of times will also receive a prize, as will the person who FAILS the most! Yes, that's right, even losers can win if they're good enough at sucking!
Telkin flicked his cigarette onto the ground and attempted stepping on it to squash the cherry, instead it looked to the public like he was doing some sort of Irish jig, dancing around the cigarette with his feet. Sighing, he decided it wasn't terribly important. So, hic! just to sum this up quickly - Steal from me, win money! But, as I hic! stated, it is up to you to provide solid proof of each PickPocket at the end of the competition. Telkin fell gracefully back into a sitting position, humming to himself as he awaited any questions.
Report Post Tip

noticing Telkin wandering the streets with a bit of winter warmth in his cheeks, he smiled as he walked upto him.  Embracing his friend he deftly slid his hand in his pocket as he pulled away gently taking some notes between his two fingers.

lookin down he noticed $5,000 in his hand as he walked away before looking back at telkin, he whistled i think your dropped this as he tossed the money clip back to telkin.

Grinning as he tipped his hat to Telkin he thought, i may be old, but i still got it.

Report Post Tip
Telkin sighed, thoroughly displeased with how little attempts thus far had been made on his pockets. Deciding he wanted to give folks a further chance to win some cash, he calculated a few numbers in his head while pulling slow even drags off of the Cuban cigar his friend Jonny had gotten him. As the cloud of smoke rolled up into the cool December night, he decided that a few more nights of the competition would be in order.

Right, so with the lack of participation thus far (granted, there's been a fair few folks in my pocket, but not enough worth paying out yet), I've decided to extend this competition. Every PickPocket that you attempt on me - so long as you keep track - will count right up until Friday night, at 00:00.

I'll give all the thieves until Saturday night at 00:00 to provide the solid proof (OOC: Screenshot with a list of all their attempts at my Pockets), and then by Sunday at 00:00 the numbers will be added up, and prizes paid accordingly. Good luck!
Report Post Tip

Aaron slips by in the middle of his speach and lifts Telkin's wallet.  He waits patiently as Telkin continues talking, issuing a challenge to the entire world.  When Telkin finally finishes, Aaron walks up and pats him on the shoulder, sliding the wallet back into his hand.

"No worries mate, I'll see to it that my lot is sure to come at you every chance they get."

Report Post Tip

Sonny sneaks into the street, listening to his friend's speech. As everyone was distracted and looking at Telkin, Sonny snuck up behind his boss Aaron_Mckeever and picked his pocket...taking a wad of cash Sonny carefully placed his wallet back before walking a couple of feet away to remain anonymous.

"I will be sure to PP you so hard and fast you will wish you never asked to be PPed my friend!"

Sonny sneaks back out of the crowd before anyone grew a interest into him... 

Report Post Tip

Turns suddenly on Sonny, seeing him as he turns away, then smiles and bids Telkin a farewell as he walks towards his Left Hand.  Aaron embraces him as a brother, then pats the pocket full of HIS cash.

"You can keep that mate.  No worries."

Aaron turns to walk off and make more plans for how to sneak money away from Telkin's pockets.

Report Post Tip
I'm rather surprised more people havent jumped at this. Easy money is the best money.
Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $20,000 Tip

After Aaron caught onto what Sonny did and let him keep the cash, Sonny smiled and took off down the street with his newly earned cash. Thinking he will spend it on candy at the local thrift shop.

Report Post Tip
Ahem, seeing as nobody has given any proof of any attempts... I'm going to be gracious, and give until 20:00 tomorrow to provide said proof... Or nobody gets paid these wonderful prizes! If at that time nobody has yet to show any proof, the competition will officially be over and nobody will have won the decent amount of money that was up for grabs.
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Steal cash? Win cash!
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL