Get Timers Now!
X

May 14 - 18:04:19
Page:  1 
In loving memory of my grandfather. Started by: BlackJack on Dec 27, '13 12:47

​Boss BlackJack places a bouquet of flowers onto the grave of Don BlackBlack of Downtown, DT before taking a step back, closing his eyes bowing his head and speaking to the grave:

Dear grandfather,

I sincerely apologise for not visiting your final resting place sooner. I have contemplated the time that I spent with you when I was a child and continue to be inspired by your vision. After your passing your son, my father, BlackKnight decided that your work was to not be continued and we moved to New York together.

BlackKnight had fantastic leadership skills and ranked very highly in the district that he was involved with. BlackKnight was gunned down at a very young age however the skills that he passed down to me were still equally as important as the lessons I learned from you.

BlackBlack, it is my pleasure to inform you that I have decided to return to my roots and move back to DT. This time I am not living in Downtown but just around the corner in Corktown. I wish to continue the work that you did for DT and cherish your legacy. I know that you were very fond of keeping the streets clean and loved looking at all of the street art as it evolved. I will carry on your work while applying the skills I learned from my father.

Please forgive me for not visiting your grave earlier.

Sincerely,

BlackJack

BlackJack turned and left the graveyard and headed towards the back streets of Downtown, DT. He had very fond memories of walking the streets with Don BlackBlack ensuring that everything was in order for SpaceCowboy, the godfather at the time. We walked and wandered reminiscing on the great times he had with his grandfather before stopping at the top of the infamous Black Alley. For Boss BlackJack this Alley had a great deal of meaning. He remembered BlackBlack telling him about Black Alley from when he first moved to Detroit. BlackBlack used to tell BlackJack that it was nameless, dark, wet and smelt strongly of urine and fecaes when he first found himself there. This was, the alley where Moff_Tarkin had picked him up way back when he was nothing but a civilian. Moff had trained him up into a Wiseguy. Taught him the basics of stealing from old ladies right up to how to run a successful prostitution ring. Unfortunately, just before BlackBlack had become a MadeMan, Moff passed away.

BlackJack at the top of Black Alley for some time, he remembered spending months helping BlackBlack run out of it. Apparently before BlackBlack came along it was just an old abandoned service alley with no name. Once he was done with it it was a beautiful clean alley full of life and joy, with drugs being produced reguarly and prostitutes servicing all of the local businessmen. When he had to move on he nailed up a sign to the alley and named it 'Black Alley'. Black Alley no longer had that same kind of life.

BlackJack paced down Black Alley as if he were looking for something very important. The walls of Black Alley were completely covered with graffiti and art works as well as political messages. Some were extremely elaborate and others very simple. Many had signatures or quotes on them and some bared direct threats to unknown gangsters. BlackJack slowly walked through the alley clearly taking in the new wall art. You could tell however, that he was looking for something. After hours of searching he finally found the piece that we was looking for. It was a piece made by his grandfather which told the story of Black Alley and the street art within:

http://mafiareturns.com/comm/thread/338669/

BlackJack examined the work and noticed that his grandfather had frequently given his time and money to the homeless and needy giving them the opportunity to make something of themselves. He also noticed a reference to a piece of art that had inspired him greatly and a reference to a carving in along the bottom of the wall which read:

Here lies the body of ***K ***P*ON who died defending an unknown woma...

BlackJack had previously vowed to continue with his grandfather's legacy. This has given him the information and inspiration that he so desperately needed. BlackJack continued to search the streets in an effort to locate the piece of work that had so greatly inspired BlackBlack. After searching high a low he found it. It was a stunning piece of work, not because it was elaborate but because it was simple. It humbly read:

The Streets are ever evolving. Every piece up in them is significant, some are not as important as others but all of them have meaning. History repeats itself.

BlackJack took the same meaning from it as what his grandfather had. It was an amazingly powerful message. BlackJack ran out of the Alley tripping over a bum on the way out. He stood back up dusted himself off and turned to the homeless man and said:

My friend, my grandfather was once like you, poor, homeless and helpless. Someone was kind enough to offer him the chance to do something with his life and look what I have now because of him. He started with the same $500 you are about to. Goodluck.

BlackJack threw $500 at the bum and continued his run back to Corktown. BlackJack stands up out the front of his shoe shop starts to chat to the people surrounding him. He quotes his grandfather directly:

Dear friends, family, and other bystanders. Today, after visiting the grave of my grandfather Don BlackBlack in Downtown i went on a walk throught the streets of this great world of ours I came accross a quote scribed into a wall that inspired me to think differently. The quote simply read, "The Streets are ever evolving. Every piece up in them is significant, some are not as important as others but all of them have meaning. History repeats itself."

I personally think that we can all take great meaning from this quote. Everything that any one of us is able to share with the rest of us is something that is significant and interesting. It may not appeal to all but it will at very least appeal to some. Some of the things that you have to share will be much more significant and exciting than that of some others, however this does not mean that anyones input into the streets is any less significant. The streets are ever evolving and will always continue to. History does repeat itself, I say let it!!! Just because something has already happened before does not mean it can not happen again! History repeats itself because when it does it is often done better than before!

I encourage you all to get involved in decorating our streets and filling our lives with new and interesting things to look at as we stroll along on our daily beats.

Boss BlackJack steps down from his little box and reverts back to his usual seated position outside of his shop. He, like his ancestors before him, wonders if anyone will take the time to notice what he has said. People seem too busy these days running around to take any notice of the great things that can be seen in the streets.

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: In loving memory of my grandfather.
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL