Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 14:53:03
Page:  1 
Surprise Wedding GIfts Started by: Telkin on Dec 29, '13 21:38
Telkin wasn't necessarily in a bad mood, but the snarl on his face would have led anyone to believe otherwise. Anyone but Zorya, that is. She recognized the look as one of intense concentration. As fate would have it, Zorya's ex Philip Henderson was marrying an ex of Telkins, Rosalina Cortez. Zorya had landed herself an invite, and Telkin had almost immediately thought of a plan that would net both of them quite a decent profit.

Telkin raised the binoculaurs to his eyes once more and scanned the church, St. Alphonsus, writing down notes on a pad of paper he'd brought with them. The pair of them were already dressed for the occasion - Telkin in a deep purple tuxedo, Zorya in a deep red dress that revealed just the right amount of skin.

The goal was to plan out where the wedding gifts were going to be whilst the ceremony was going on, and to figure out which of the people milling the Church was the ring bearer. Zorya and Telkin had no qualms about this wedding crash, as they'd both had their hearts broken by the two being wed. It was also sure to be an astounding haul when it was all said and done, and both of them knew that money made the world turn.

Telkin wasn't quite sure yet where the wedding gifts were being held, and this concerned him. There was only two hours left until the wedding was set to start, and he'd really banked on not having to waste time once inside on looking for them. Sighing, he turns to look at Zorya and was at a momentary loss for the words. The sun behind her lit her frame up beautifully, and the tight fitting dress she'd chose wasn't leaving much to Telkins imagination. Shaking his head briefly, he frowns.

"I can't seem to find the gift room, any luck spotting the ring bearer?"
Report Post Tip

Zorya took final drag on her cigarette and threw it down to the ground, crushing it beneath her toe with a small sound of frustration.

"No luck yet, luby. But I'm villing to bet my bank account that it's that little monster that Philip calls a nephew." She glanced over to Telkin and smiled. "That vas not an actual bet, by the vay."

"I know!" Telkin said, giving her an annoyed glance but still looked slightly crestfallen at a missed opportunity. Zorya turned back to her own binoculars, scanning the preparations inside the church. As she watched the happily chattering people and caught glimpses of the bride in her gown, she couldn't help but feel small pangs of longing. She was certain all of her childhood friends were already married back in Poland. Even many of the young women she had met since coming to America were married or getting married. Zorya couldn't help but think the motherly advice that she had ignored: they won't buy the cow if they get the milk for free. Not that she was looking to be bought in the first place. Still, as she spied on another woman's happy day, she couldn't help but imagine her own...

That is, until the wail of anger apparently from Czernobog himself echoed off the surrounding buildings, quickly followed by a tinny bellow: "No! I don't wanna wear them and you can't make me! Get away!" There were sounds of a scuffle just out of their sight before a boy of about 10 years old ran into the church without any shoes on. Zorya held her head gently before releasing a short chuckle.

"That vill be our ring bearer. Charming little thing, no?"

Report Post Tip
Telkin raised an eyebrow at the antics of the young man, who was clearly a defiant child. He looked like an easy target though, and Telkin was rather certain they'd have no problems whatsoever lifting the ring off of him.

All that it would require is for Zorya to flash the young gentleman a smile, perhaps offer him a piece of candy. That was of course assuming she had any candy on her, and that the little tyke wouldn't recognize her. Telkin glanced at his watch, they were running pretty thin on time.

"Any chance you've got any candy on you? Should distract him long enough for me to be able to pick through his pocket... Though this plan is entirely gone to shit if he'd recognize you. I really don't think we've got the time to scout for much longer, look" Telkin nodded his head in the direction of the parking lot, where the earliest guests were already beginning to arrive.

"We're just going to have to figure out our plan of attack for the ring/gifts now, and then when inside scout around for where the gifts will actually be. What are your thoughts on how we should approach the Church?"
Report Post Tip

Zorya chuckled and pulled out about four tubes of Necco wafers from her purse.

"Do I have candy? I only have the kid's favorite. One of these and you'll have opportunity to steal the ring off him. But for all these? He'll just give it right to us. Plus, I have a fake to switch it vith. The boy vill not no any difference, but they vill certainly know at the altar." She motioned toward the church. "Speaking of, I vould say that the best tactic vould be to simply go as ourselves. Maybe say ve vere a little early, apologize, say ve vill be at the diner down the road...but by the vay, vere can ve leave our gifts?" She grins to Telkin. "Capice?

Report Post Tip
Telkin nodded in agreement, as her plan seemed rather flawless. He was shocked that he himself hadn't simply thought to ASK where the gifts were being kept. He sighed, unhappy with his brains performance. Perhaps it was all the countless nights out drinking, or the copious amounts of hours he'd put into constructing his HQ, but Telkin was ready for a vacation. Perhaps with the score they were about to snag he could manage to take one without it harming his finances. Shrugging, he links arms with Zorya and begins walking towards the entrance of the Church.

The weather was cool, though mother nature had seemingly forgotten it was the end of December as their was next to no snow on the ground, and the temperature was in the mid-forties. Telkin was far more used to brutal winters where nobody in their sane minds would want to go outside - let alone stake out a Church for a few hours. He forced a pleasant smile on his face as they approached closer, and hoped that it looked sincere. He could still hear the young boy who was the ring bearer running amok causing chaos and he thought this perfect, nobody would be keeping track of him as they were content enough to let him do his own thing until they needed him.

They were finally at the front steps, and Telkin would have been a liar if he'd said he wasn't a little bit nervous. With so many people around, it wouldn't take too much to get spotted hauling some of the gifts out. He supposed they'd have to be selective, and only take the smaller gifts that looked inexpensive. A mischievous grin sprawled across his face as a new plan formulated in his head, one he wasn't entirely sure Zorya would approve of...so he simply didn't share the truth when she turned to him,

"And vot is that devilish looking grin for lub?"

Telkin wiped it off his face instantly, and found it harder than he'd thought to lie to his partner in crime, and the woman he was secretly crushing on. He sighed, replacing the mischievous grin with one more suitable for the occasion.

"Nothing, dearest Zorya. Just excited to think about what to spend my money on! And now, if you'll lead us up these stairs and inform whomever you feel appropriate about our early arrival?"
Report Post Tip

Zorya sighed and rolled her eyes, but hurried the two into the church. She tracked down the little boy easily enough--she followed his screams for a while, then found him hiding behind a statue of St. Jude. She smiled and waved the Necco wafers just out of his reach.

"Remember me, Tommy? Auntie Zory? I brought your favorites, but you have to do something for me in return." The kid grinned and nodded eagerly. She gave him a wink and motioned to his front pocket. "I vant to take a look at the ring, Tommy. That is all."

Immediately, the kid looked suspicious. "Is this gonna be like last time I showed you my momma's jewelry, Auntie Zory? I got a real wallop after those pearls went missing." Zorya laughed uncomfortably and shook her head.

"No, Tommy, of course not!" Her face darkened. "And those weren't real pearls, anyway." Tommy shrugged and started handing over the ring box. Zorya did a careful exchange of two of the Necco tubes for the box. She popped the box open and showed Telkin, marveling over the stones' beauty as she switched it out with a paste ring she'd picked up at Macy's on clearance. As she slipped the real ring into Telkin's front pocket, she snapped the box closed. She smeared an ingratiating smile back on her face and handed it back with the remaining candy.

"Thank you, Tommy. Make sure you hand it to your Uncle Petey very carefully, all right?"

The kid was too busy stuffing his face full of the candy to do more than nod, but she had what she needed. She linked her arm through Telkin's and murmured in his ear, "The bride's family vill probably be in charge of the gifts. I suggest you find someone that von't remember you to ask vhere the presents are."

Report Post Tip
Telkin smiled warmly as the bou scampered off, completely content to rot his teeth out with his favorite candy. He almost envied the little boy, not a care in the world other than when he would next be able to play a game of kickball. Chuckling, Telkin thought to himself 'if only life were still that easy'. He interlaced his hand with Zorya's, hoping that the faint tint of red that was sure to be creeping onto his face wasn't entirely too noticeable. They paced around the Church for only a few moments before Telkin spotted Rosalina's crazy Aunt Esperenza, who'd always had a terrible time remembering names and faces. Walking up to her, he put on his best face before speaking

"Hello ma'am, me and my..." Telkin paused momentarily, biting his lip. He was unsure quite what to call this situation. Partner hardly seemed appropriate, and yet he didn't think it qualified as a date. Shrugging, he went with the better of the two options.

"My date, yes, that's where I was. You'll have to excuse me - lack of sleep last night and not nearly enough coffee this morning as it were. Anyway, we've arrived a bit early as you can see and we were wondering where we should drop off our gift? We didn't want to leave it in the car whilst we visit the coffee shop down the street, as it's quite valuable"

The old lady scrunched her eyebrows together, looking back and forth from Zorya to Telkin. Her eyes looked him up and down, and Telkin could see the cogs in her brain churning, trying to place where she'd possibly seen his face before. After a few moments of this, Esperenza nodded curtly to a room off to her left. Luckily for Telkin, her memory for faces and names was still as pathetic as it was when he was with Rosalina.

"Right over there, dear. And on behalf of the bride's side of the family, thank you!"

She turned quickly on her heels and walked off faster than Telkin would have thought possible. Grinning as he turned to Zorya, Telkin calculated their best chance to sneak in and out of the room a few times without anyone seeing. He figured it'd be best to do during the ceremony itself...However, Telkin had mentally made other plans for what he wanted to be doing during that time.

"When do you think we should start the process of relieving these folks of their valuables??" Telkin laughed briefly, having forgotten the ring in his pocket already. "That is, more of their valuables I should say!"
Report Post Tip

"During the ceremony, of course." Zorya squeezed his hand gently and gave him a sly smile. "Ve cannot have them realize that the ring is different. It looks similar enough that it vould fool someone at first glance, but they vill almost certainly notice it before the reception. Unless Philip is particularly thick. It vould not surprise me. And if I remember Rosalina vell enough, she has a good eye for jewelry to notice that it is paste immediately. Hopefully she vill be too concerned vith propriety to make a scene at the altar."

She bit her lip, scenarios of what could go wrong flitting around behind her eyes. She turned her head, trying not to let Telkin see her doubts, but motioned toward the pews. "Ve should take seats and vait for them to be a little more distracted." As she started to steer him toward the back of the church, she leaned into him with a clever grin. His awkwardness at calling her a "date" had hardly escaped her--nor had the faint blush that had crept onto his face since. "So, luby, how many dates vill this make for us?"

Report Post Tip
Telkin bit his lip, still a bit frustrated over one of the prior jobs Zorya and himself had pulled. It wasn't one he was proud of, or enjoyed doing, but it certainly did make them both quite a bit of money. And...well, it gave Telkin the excuse to see his crush in less clothing than he ever had before. He tilted his head as he walked with Zorya to their seats, he replied

"Depends if you count that honey pot job or not... If you do, I'd say this is the second. The rest of our heists have been pretty straightforward. Though..."

Telkin paused, unsure how to word what he was thinking. Luckily for him, as they took their seats, more and more people began filling in around them, all with such a collective murmuring that it made him unable to focus. Shrugging, he smiles at Zorya.

"Well, never mind. You look gorgeous by the way! I think they should be starting any time now."

Telkin checked his watch, glancing around and noticing that almost every seat was occupied. He wasn't sure what the proceedings were going to consist of, but he'd been thinking the best time to slip away was shortly after everyone had finished walking the aisle.
Report Post Tip

When he mentioned their last honeypot job, her eyes lowered and her mouth straightened into a flat line. She did not want to remember that bit of disgrace. He paused, and she turned her head slightly to give him a quizzical look. She thought she knew what he wanted to say...butterflies beat against her heart...and then the words seemed to drift off as the crowd buzzed around them. She gave a small sigh and was checking her wristwatch when he finished some kind of thought.

"You look gorgeous, by the way." She smiled and nudged him with her shoulder.

"Thank you, darling. And you are quite dashing, yourself! I am sure you could have any of those bridesmaids you vanted." She winked to him and glanced again at her watch. "The ceremony is scheduled to start in five minutes. Vill have Catholic mass, so there vill be plenty of time to slip out for presents." She narrowed her eyes and looked sideways to her companion. "You did read all the information I typed up about Catholic mass, yes?"

Report Post Tip
Telkin was about to make up some sort of story, "Oh, of course I read that information!", but he figured Zorya was far too intelligent to buy that nonsense. He was far more of a 'figure it out as I go' type person, which wasn't always the best way to go about things. Telkin was blushing slightly at Zorya's confidence in his ability to land any one of the bridesmaids. He was beginning to give some serious thought to the idea of telling her exactly how he felt - that he didn't want to just be partners in crime anymore.

Sighing, Telkin turned his head and looked around. Most of the people had began to quite down, leading him to believe that the ceremony was about to begin. Sure enough, the moment Telkin leaned in to ask Zorya how many trips they should make, the music started playing. He couldn't help but notice that Zorya was far more beautiful than any one of the wedding party, even if they were wearing what were sure to be very expensive dresses, and had probably spent countless hours doing their makeup.

Leaning in extremely close to her, Telkin looked into her eyes and momentarily forgot what he was going to say.

"So, how many..." he trailed off, lost in her eyes. Shaking it out of himself, Telkin regained his composure. "How many trips do you think we should make before calling it a successful mission?"
Report Post Tip

Gives you a 30 pots of coffee for your wedding gift

Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: Surprise Wedding GIfts
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL