Get Timers Now!
X

May 15 - 12:55:49
Page: [ <<< - < ] 1 2 
A Fable Started by: Swamp_Rat on Dec 31, '13 21:09

Skates around WhereWasI and Ziva, both of them wearing their matching novelty shirts which display buff muscles, the two tough mafiosos are such a sight to behold that Incognito can barely stand it - Why! They're out here complaining in the middle of nowhere trying to cause a fuss where one needn't be? That's some tough shit! This is the sorts of things you'd only imagine seeing in a movie, with how damn tough they are, its a wonder how they don't run this thing! So many comments are rushing in Incognito's mind that he had completely forgotten he isn't wearing skates at all and is in fact completely nude.

"Well, this is sure embarrassing. These two were so masculine and showing us how true people of the mafia should act, that well, I completely forgot to put on proper clothing. I'm sorry, you may all continue!"

Incognito slips and slides, still looking back every few moments in complete awe of these two extremely tough men and women.

Report Post Tips: 2 / Total: $220,000 Tip

"Okay Incognito, seeing as you decided to join in... maybe you can tell me what the point of this was and how this isn't just a load of spam?"

WhereWasI kicks a rock into the man's groin, watches him fall, and tosses his hat over the man's 'I can do whatever I want in the streets' boner.

Report Post Tip

"Well, what does it not have to do with anything? Are the streets not for people to express themselves? Have they not always had silly and unimportant stories such as this come through them? What makes this one so different? May it be because you recently got handled on a street corner a few miles from here in an argument which just so happened to involve these two ladies, and perhaps that fact is the reason you're here, instead of you fighting some nonexistent war against keeping the streets safe from silliness?"

Incognito tapes the hat to his nether region and continues to attempt to get off the ice, falling down every few steps. This whole skating thing is harder than it looked.

"My father and grandfathers before him, and many many others have made threads far more silly than this, and instead of it being bemoaned in public, people left it alone. Some even enjoyed the stories and others gave them money for their trouble - why does this one step a boundary which you've decided to create without anyone asking you to?" 

After a few more falls and slips, he finally reaches the end of the rink and stands up, the hat falling off. Damn. Almost!

"So my question is, what makes you so important? Who died and made you the leader of the Inquisition? This silly little thing adds about as much to the streets as your random questions which people end up ignoring eventually because they tire of how ridiculous they become."

Report Post Tips: 1 / Total: $50,000 Tip

Ziva tries not to choke up a lung laughing at Incognito.

Please, point out where I complained or kicked up a fuss? I'd dearly love to see it. I just happened to ask WhereWasI here a question about the version of this fable, stated why I enjoyed the version from his childhood, being as I wasn't familiar with this tale as a girl, and gave reasons for that which could actually related to this thing of ours.

I'm not quite sure what there counts as unreasonable behavior there. I even was very careful to ensure that being questioned would not cause WhereWasI severe emotional trauma!

This is another downright sad attempt to paint WhereWasI as some sort of pantomime villain because he isn't just accepting whats in front of him.

Yet again, we're in a situation where we're apparently supposed to accept whatever monotonous, irrelevant drivel gets vomited out in front of us on the streets, even when it makes no attempt to at all link to this thing of ours. And when we don't, fuck even when we just try to make it mean something between ourselves, we're trying to be "tough mafiosi" and create a fuss?

I think not mate.

It's not difficult to make what you're saying out here relevant to the world here. If you're either incapable of doing that, or too lazy to tell stories with significance to this world, this sort of thing should surely be down a different avenue.

Report Post Tip

"Thank you Ziva, you answered exactly what I was asking with your tiny jokes throughout your response. You're here for nothing more than to amuse yourself and I can commend that, but I no longer have to take part in it. I'll be going now, I have to attend a ball in a few hours and if I'm late they'll take away all of my cookies."

Incognito grabs the hat from the ground and rushes off into the sunset. 

Report Post Tip

"You do have the right to express yourself, and should you choose to lace stories with messages and then never explain the point of these stories I have the right to express my disapproval. What makes it different is nothing. These people seem to be under the impression they can tell a story and then not be asked to answer questions about it as if their conversation is different from any other. Where did I get handled? Show me. Don't just talk about it, point out the quotes."

"Your father didn't leave thinly veiled messages while my bloodline was active in the streets. My bloodline has this tendency to ask questions when they think they see someone trying to make a statement without being responsible for it by hiding behind vagueness. Say it or don't say it, and the line I've previously highlighted feels like a poke at my reputation. I'm yet to get clarification on the point of altering the story to include that, so if you don't mind... walk away until you have a point for being in this conversation other than tossing around things you can't back up."

"Nothing makes me so important. What makes you and yours so important they're above reproach? I'm not asking to be considered different. I'm asking for the logical questions on the material to be explained. You call them random questions, they're specific to the content presented. The reason you feel the need to belittle them is because you know you can't answer them in the way you want to. The truth sucks when you stick up for people who don't have the balls to say what they wanna say, doesn't it?"

"Shrink back into obscurity until you have a real point. No one cares for unbacked statements."

Report Post Tip
*glances at incognito, then quickly averts her eyes. *

It's not as difficult as it looks, you know. Just takes practice and perseverance. It comes more naturally to some than others.
Report Post Tip

"That a girl Swamp_Rat! Ignore the fact you're also somewhat of a representative of your district and skate to your heart's content. No one will ever act like a mobster around you! We're in the world of holding hands and children's stories."

Report Post Tip

Ziva loops gracefully around WhereWasI and gives him a gigantic hug.

WhereWasI, lets ice dance! And then skip around the meadows and look at the cute little bunny rabbits!

Catching sight of the look on WhereWasI's face, she clears her throat, lets go of him and skates backwards.

Or erm. Not. Because I am a mobster, and I have a little dignity, and understand that ice skating instead of facing up to what people say to me is not really the best way to deal with things.

She sighs and twists herself around to face Incognito.

You didn't actually ask me anything, Incognito. It appears that most of your questioning was directed at WhereWasI, rather than myself. But yes, I use the streets to amuse myself. And I do that in a variety of ways. Some is with my little jokes thrown in. Some is engaging in debate with other mobsters. Some is by telling silly stories of my own - but mine always have some kind of link to the world we live in, rather than being completely randomly spewed out.

Report Post Tip

Incognito stops for a moment before running away and tosses Swamp Rat the hat. 

"There you go, it'll be good luck."

Jumping onto his favorite horse, Incognito slaps its ass and rides off into the sunset, properly this time; can't believe I forgot my horse, he thinks to himself, oh yeah, I also need to stop and get milk, maybe some crackers, and a bit of fruit punch. I fucking love me some fruit punch. Then he thinks that perhaps he has kept the monologue in his head on too long... Woops.

"God dammit, Jack. Why do we have to petrol this guy? He never does anything illegal."

"Because the boss says so."

"Can't we just bust him on indecent exposure?"

"No, boss says there's something big going on with this guy. We're supposed to follow him until he leads us to it."

"Shit..."

"Yeah, I know. He has a really nice ass."

"What?"

"Nothing, lets go."

The undercover police car slowly trails behind Incognito and his horse, as Incognito rides gracefully away - his luscious blonde hair waving in the wind, before completely falling off. Damn wigs, I never seem to use enough glue.

Report Post Tip

"Disturbingly enough, your story is closer to our life than the one originally presented. Hell I would've blissfully ignored the conversation and let you have your fun had that been the original story. But it wasn't."

Report Post Tip

Boy, that escalated quickly.

I'd like to ask a question, purely because I genuinely have no idea. Was the original story one big metaphor about a previous ancestor or person you once knew? Or was it literally a story about a frog getting eaten?

Report Post Tip
Dr-Evil, the story was not about any particlar person.

I think we can have fun and learn something here all at the same time. A story with a moral.

*Contemplates life in general as she sips her spiked cocoa.*
Report Post Tip

I see. It seems to me that the moral of this particular story is not to leave your surroundings as it's dangerous. Not sure that's a great message to give out as how would one ever achieve greater things without taking a chance/risk?

However, your fable did seem to spark up debate, so kudos for that, even though that probably wasn't your intention. 

Also if it's fables you're after, take a look at Donbot's Fables in these streets. Superb work. 

Report Post Tip
Well, I suppose I can see how you come to that conclusion, Dr-evil. I did not see it that way myself. Maybe it is not a perfectcomparison, but I think it can work.

Part of the intent there is to show that sometimes others are mean and carnivorous, just because that's how they are, and not because of anything that someone did.

I think it could be applied to many different situations, and there are other ways to look at it. Is that what you meant?
Report Post Tip

Blaise sighed. "Okay - I have had enough skating - I think I will have some (spiked) cocoa as well."

Sitting down, Blaise took off her skates and had a seat next to Swamp Rat. "Too bad Incognito couldn't stay - he seemed like a fun fellow." Reaching for one of the cups of cocoa, she took a sip and sighed. "Ah - that hit the spot. Thanks, Swampie."

She saw Dr-Evil approaching, and walked up to where they were sitting. "Hello there! How are you on this cold day?"

Dr-Evil asked Swampie a question, and Blaise nodded at her response. "That's right - anthropomorphism at its finest. I don't think anyone is too young or too old to hear a story. Sometimes it's nice to take a break and enjoy the great weather...I think a clear head makes you work even harder. You're relaxed, more focused, and ready to take on the world if need be. Even though my hands are freezing--"

Realizing that Dr-Evil might be cold as well, she offered some warm cocoa.

"Would you like some? It has a kick to it if you like that sort of thing."

Report Post Tip
Thank you Blaise.

To continue, I think each of us can see ourselves as any of the characters portrayed at different times of our lives.

Also, I was having a bit of fun, as I do love to ice skate. And seeing Incognito in the buff sort of, er..well it was interesting, and it made my day.

*Swamp laughs and sips her drink*
Report Post Tip

This Forum Is For 100% 1950's Role Play (AKA Streets)
Replying to: A Fable
Compose Body:

@Mention Notifications: On More info
How much do you want to tip for this post?

Minimum $20,000

(NaN)
G2
G1
L
H
D
C
Private Conversations
0 PLAYERS IN CHANNEL